shape
carat
color
clarity

Secret Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stary-eyed04

Rough_Rock
Has anyone ever ordered from www.secretdiamond.com or heard anything positive or negative about this site? It has a lot of enhanced diamonds.

Just wondering...

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think they really support enhanced diamonds in this forum. I know you can get a much better stone from some of the vendors here. Also, from what I have read it is hard to get insurance on certain types of enhanced stones (like fracture filled).

Maybe you should ask for help finding what you''re looking for and some of the ladies here might be willing to point you in the right direction.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I think their prices on clarity enhanced diamonds are the same as the non enhanced diamonds. While some people do buy clarity enhanced diamonds to reach the size they desire, there can be issues of durability. I personally would rather a smaller diamond than a clarity enhanced diamond. If you give us your budget, maybe we could help you.

happygirl33

Rough_Rock
I called and talked to this company. I can get a 1 carat princess cut diamond solitaire with an F color grade and a VS2 clarity grade for $1999. Can I get that anywhere else? We dont have a lot of money to work with since we are just finishing up with college and I would really like a 1 carat diamond ring. I also called and talked with a couple of people that had bought from them and they said that the diamond rings that they bought were gorgeous. They seemed very happy with them and they really liked the customer service they received. So far, it seems pretty goood to me.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 12:52:10 PM
Author: happygirl33
I called and talked to this company. I can get a 1 carat princess cut diamond solitaire with an F color grade and a VS2 clarity grade for $1999. Can I get that anywhere else? We dont have a lot of money to work with since we are just finishing up with college and I would really like a 1 carat diamond ring. I also called and talked with a couple of people that had bought from them and they said that the diamond rings that they bought were gorgeous. They seemed very happy with them and they really liked the customer service they received. So far, it seems pretty goood to me.
Gorgeous compared to....? It LOOKS like a VS2 diamond. But it is NOT a VS2 diamond. You aren't getting the deal of the century, not matter how much you'd like to believe you are. You ARE getting EXACTLY what you pay for.

What I would advise would be to get a smaller diamond from a vendor with a GOOD UPGRADE POLICY, and later when you have more disposable income you can trade that up for a 1 ct (or even bigger) diamond at that time. I'd advise against a clarity enhanced stone for an engagement ring. Period. It is my personal preference, but I stick by it.

Here's an informative subsequent thread showed up later.

Apprentice1

Rough_Rock
I have to agree with FireGoddess. I personally like the piece of mind knowing that I am buying a new stone that is completely natural.

I just checked out the ''secret diamond'' site out of curiosity as well. It seems that their pricing isn''t that much better than what you can find through PS vendors if you search around. Moreover, their pricing on natural stones is quite a bit higher, which leads me to believe 1) They may be marking up their CE stones that much as well. or 2) They are trying to decieve customers into believing that they would be saving more than they truly are by purchasing CE.

Also, they were not even posting information on cut.... which leads me to believe that they are trying to pull one over on less educated buyers, who have yet to find pricescope.
28.gif

Lastly, if I still had any question, those old threads that were posted with all the problems people with CE stones have faced make it seem like it''s really not worth it.

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
VS2 according to whom? I have never seen a filled diamond that deserved a VS2 grade, even going by the "just grade it how it looks" approach that the treaters want the labs to take.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results