shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band Help - Shared Prong Eternity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone!

So I think I''ve decided to go with a Shared Prong eternity band as my wedding band and I will wear it on a different hand from my e-ring. No matter how many so-called matching bands I try on, I can never get into the whole big gap thing.

So now I''m on the eternity band hunt.

Here is the one I was originally considering...

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=3994

Pawel says it is an extra 500 for platinum (which I think I want).

But I would prefer a setting more like this:

wedding band I think i like and want to find.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
So I''m trying to get quotes on getting it custom made, but does anyone know where I can buy it pre-made? (Not Tiffany etc...) but has anyone seen it online?

I just *think* I prefer that basket-type setting to the ridged side of teh SP one. However, it certainly isn''t a deal breaker so if you think I should just go for the SP one because the price/quality is so good, then tell me that too!!

Thanks!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
link

They do have the open gallery eternity ring you posted and they show prices in 18kt white gold or platinum with a choice of 3 diamond qualities HSI, FVS, EVVS.
1.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/25/2007 1:10:50 PM
Author: lisaC
link

They do have the open gallery eternity ring you posted and they show prices in 18kt white gold or platinum with a choice of 3 diamond qualities HSI, FVS, EVVS.
1.gif
Thanks! That actually looks pretty good! I wonder about the stone quality...have you used them before?

In the meantime I''m getting quotes from WF and ERD.

I''ll let you know!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
No I have no experience with them but a couple posters have- cinnamon013 and whatmeworry. I just thought it would be interesting to see the differences in the quotes you''ll get. I thought you''d ask WF as shminbabe just got her tiffany style basket shared prong 7 stone wedding ring...

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Someone ring? Hi October, I think the cut quality of DiamondDesign melee (F/VS) is equal to Facet''s. Both are really nice. You might also try asking Facet/SP if they can make open gallery setting. Good luck!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/25/2007 6:07:51 PM
Author: whatmeworry
Someone ring? Hi October, I think the cut quality of DiamondDesign melee (F/VS) is equal to Facet''s. Both are really nice. You might also try asking Facet/SP if they can make open gallery setting. Good luck!
Haha thanks for jumping in! I did as Facets if they would do the open gallery and they said no. Not sure why...

I mean...I don''t think it''s a deal breaker for me but I may as well look into it right?

I''ve got lots of time, but with the exchange rate as it is I though it would be smart to buy now!

And now is always better than later when it comes to jewellery!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I purchased diamond studs from them. Over all I''m pretty happy with my earrings. Good color and quality.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi October...

Here are a few companies that mass produce rings & other nice things:

Adwar.com--- I think I saw that same band on one of their pages. The pics are awful. I am not kidding, grab a magnifying glass. LOL

Adjour.com

NewYorkFindings.com

Mavilo.com

uniquesettings.com-- people in the trade like settings from here & say they are of a better quality. Too bad they dont list their whole catalogue online. But most vendors will be able to tell you if they carry it.

overnightmountings.com

stuller.com

I know there are a few more that have been mentioned here but I cant recall their names at the moment.

I think overall the quality, or you hope, is much better with custom. Many companies order from these manufacturers & just make sure their skilled person really does a fine job of polishing & filing when they get them. LOL But overall, can be a huge savings.

The band you posted is in fact in the "gallery" section under Wink Jones. I would contact him if you want that same band. He has had a lot of positive feedback, & will get you great stones at a fair price. Win win to me. LOL I really like that band, someone just put that up on one of my recent threads & I cant remember who it was now! Seems like a lot of people like that one. :)

Have fun!
Judy
:)

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/25/2007 7:32:40 PM
Author: ccuheartnurse
Hi October...

Here are a few companies that mass produce rings & other nice things:

Adwar.com--- I think I saw that same band on one of their pages. The pics are awful. I am not kidding, grab a magnifying glass. LOL

Adjour.com

NewYorkFindings.com

Mavilo.com

uniquesettings.com-- people in the trade like settings from here & say they are of a better quality. Too bad they dont list their whole catalogue online. But most vendors will be able to tell you if they carry it.

overnightmountings.com

stuller.com

I know there are a few more that have been mentioned here but I cant recall their names at the moment.

I think overall the quality, or you hope, is much better with custom. Many companies order from these manufacturers & just make sure their skilled person really does a fine job of polishing & filing when they get them. LOL But overall, can be a huge savings.

The band you posted is in fact in the ''gallery'' section under Wink Jones. I would contact him if you want that same band. He has had a lot of positive feedback, & will get you great stones at a fair price. Win win to me. LOL I really like that band, someone just put that up on one of my recent threads & I cant remember who it was now! Seems like a lot of people like that one. :)

Have fun!
Judy
Where on Wink''s site is it? I can''t find it! Thanks!!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Click on "forum" up on the tab bar, then scroll all the way to the bottom "photo Gallery", then click onto Wink.

Judy

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing! Thanks!!

Okay so here is where I am now:

WF and Wink were both out of my price range unfortunately.

And for around the same price, here is what I can get:

ERD: Custom basket setting, platinum, approx. 1.6 TCW, G colour, VS clarity, ideal cut (size 6 finger)

Facets: 1.78 TCW, non-basket setting, platinum, G colour, VS clarity, premium/ideal cut

I''m still kind of partial to the basket setting, but is it worth it? Has anyone had ERD make an eternity band?

Or should I stick with the SP/Facets band?

Help! :)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I think you should get the type of ring you want, and if ERD can do it for you at a price you''re comfortable with, I would have absolutely no reservations about going with them. Mark and his team do fabuous work (do a search on PS to see examples of their custom pieces).

Good luck!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a shared prong eternity band from SP. It''s 3.38 tcw, love it. I love the basket style that you posted. Very pretty. Go for what you want, just wanted to chime in and say I love mine. I found PS while doing a search for an eternity band almost 3 years ago.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
So do you think that there is a noticeable difference in TCW between 1.6 and 1.78?

Because if not, I will likely go with ERD because I do prefer the basket setting...

Thanks for chiming in!

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/25/2007 5:17:30 PM
No I have no experience with them but a couple posters have- cinnamon013 and whatmeworry. I just thought it would be interesting to see the differences in the quotes you'll get. I thought you'd ask WF as shminbabe just got her tiffany style basket shared prong 7 stone wedding ring...
hi, yes i did get mine from whiteflash and it's lovely. it's a 7 stone 1.0 tcw sparkler.

now, though, isn't it funny, i kind of wish i'd picked some larger stones! (ETA: i see you are looking are a greater tcw of stones, that is good, i wish my stones were larger now) but still, no regrets at all, it looks lovely paired w/ my EC solitaire. i even tried on some other settings for my EC in a store yesterday, and that 7 stone band looked great with many a ring. it sits nice and low and really doesn't "interfere" with any of the rings I tried. the shared-prong style seems to pair nicely with many types of engagement ring settings.

it kind of completes the solitaire setting look of the engagement ring, though. even though my stone (EC) is 2.28 cts, its solitaire, plain setting called for something to complete the look. this ring does, nicely. why would you not wear yours on the same hand (Q to the OP who mentioned something like that?) ?

my ring was styled after a tiffany 7 stone ring that i wanted. sent the pic to whiteflash and they made it for me. i'd call it "semi-custom" since though it's not on their website as a ready-made ring, i know i'm not the first person to request this style.

i'm very happy w/ mine!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 2:52:01 AM
Author: shminbabe

Date: 10/25/2007 5:17:30 PM
No I have no experience with them but a couple posters have- cinnamon013 and whatmeworry. I just thought it would be interesting to see the differences in the quotes you''ll get. I thought you''d ask WF as shminbabe just got her tiffany style basket shared prong 7 stone wedding ring...
hi, yes i did get mine from whiteflash and it''s lovely. it''s a 7 stone 1.0 tcw sparkler.

now, though, isn''t it funny, i kind of wish i''d picked some larger stones! (ETA: i see you are looking are a greater tcw of stones, that is good, i wish my stones were larger now) but still, no regrets at all, it looks lovely paired w/ my EC solitaire. i even tried on some other settings for my EC in a store yesterday, and that 7 stone band looked great with many a ring. it sits nice and low and really doesn''t ''interfere'' with any of the rings I tried. the shared-prong style seems to pair nicely with many types of engagement ring settings.

it kind of completes the solitaire setting look of the engagement ring, though. even though my stone (EC) is 2.28 cts, its solitaire, plain setting called for something to complete the look. this ring does, nicely. why would you not wear yours on the same hand (Q to the OP who mentioned something like that?) ?

my ring was styled after a tiffany 7 stone ring that i wanted. sent the pic to whiteflash and they made it for me. i''d call it ''semi-custom'' since though it''s not on their website as a ready-made ring, i know i''m not the first person to request this style.

i''m very happy w/ mine!
Thanks! I did see the pics of yours and it is lovely, I just found that WF was priced quite a bit higher (not saying it isn''t worth it, but just not in our price range).

Anyone else have input on the ERD/Facets conundrum?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results