shape
carat
color
clarity

7.04ct Blue Asscher Cut Zircon by Jeff White

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hot off the press, Jeff has finished the blue Asscher Cut Zircon for me, my first windmill from him, and I love it!

So sparkly in the video!

It is 7.04ct measuring 9.25 x 9.25mm (depth unknown).

7.04ct Asscher Zircon

No glamour photo yet, however I have asked. :razz:

Here is a screenshot grabbed from the video.

20201105_063927.jpg

The rough came from a pile that was featured in his Gem Scoop mail drop in late June/early July this year, in case anyone is interested. :Up_to_something:

I already have a setting in mind, to have it set in a bombé ring similar to my Richard Homer Amethyst, flanked by two pink Spinels. More photos later as I can't access my existing photos when creating a new post.

DK :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pink Spinel roughs and the blue Zircon rough together:

My RH Amethyst ring which is inspired by Theo Fennell's Bombé rings.

However, I am having second thoughts as I believe it deserves to be set on its own, in an air gap halo of some sort.

Plenty of time to sleep on if as it will not be set for a while!

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. :love:
@dk168 this is gorgeous! That blue. That shape. Those mesmerizing facets.:love: Swoon!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It's such a beautiful color and the crisp facets, well, I can't wait to see what you choose:bigsmile:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW what a beautiful stone and cut. Can I be honest and say I don't think I would set it with pink spinels. The zircon is so breathtaking and the cut so gorgeous that I don't think I would detract from that. Just my personal opinion and I know multi-coloured rings are liked x

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Oh my that is a LOOKER!

Agree - love the idea of setting solo. It is just stunning

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - the stone and cut are fantastic! Congratulations :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW what a beautiful stone and cut. Can I be honest and say I don't think I would set it with pink spinels. The zircon is so breathtaking and the cut so gorgeous that I don't think I would detract from that. Just my personal opinion and I know multi-coloured rings are liked x

When I saw the stone in the video, my immediate thought is to set it on its own in a diamond air gap halo.

It will be quite a high ring as the stone will be deep.

The pink Spinel pair will not go to waste I am sure.

Gummybear

Rough_Rock
That is gorgeous!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
<3 it's wonderful! I love that color

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Hot off the press, Jeff has finished the blue Asscher Cut Zircon for me, my first windmill from him, and I love it!

So sparkly in the video!

It is 7.04ct measuring 9.25 x 9.25mm (depth unknown).

7.04ct Asscher Zircon

No glamour photo yet, however I have asked. :razz:

Here is a screenshot grabbed from the video.

20201105_063927.jpg

The rough came from a pile that was featured in his Gem Scoop mail drop in late June/early July this year, in case anyone is interested. :Up_to_something:

I already have a setting in mind, to have it set in a bombé ring similar to my Richard Homer Amethyst, flanked by two pink Spinels. More photos later as I can't access my existing photos when creating a new post.

DK :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

OMG OMG !!!
I’ve always wanted a blue zircon but never ever even dreamed an Asscher zircon could exist!
It’s stunningly beautiful and I can’t wait to see it set.
Meanwhile, endless pics and videos please :clap:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glamour photo from Jeff:

ZIR174.jpg

That's all I have, and I shan't have it in hand for a while to be able to take more photos etc., sorry!

DK :kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That zircon is gorgeous! I love the color and those windmills are perfection. :love:
I think it will look amazing however you set it but I won’t lie...I’d halo that witch.:lickout:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are my ring inspirations, the shank will be plain at least 4mm at the top, most likely with an air gap/line:

emerald-cut-emerald-with-custom-cut-diamond-baguette-halo-engagement-ring-600x600.jpg 10353-Vintage-Asscher-Halo-with-Tri-Wire-Shank-3-5c9beaf0f82540904254fa7b.png 10520-The-Monique-Halo-Solitaire-1-5c9d0d1225043ed8cd585b9f.png s-l400.jpg

Last edited:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE that top inspiration ring! Where’s that pic from may I ask?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE that top inspiration ring! Where’s that pic from may I ask?

Not sure which one you meant, sorry, however, if you meant the one with a square Amethyst and two trillion Sky Blue Topaz side stones, then that is my ring, based on Theo Fennell's Bombé rings.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous @dk168 , I think the white halo will make it pop even more.

LIGemzGal

Shiny_Rock
what a stunning cut. love it

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning zircon! The cut and colour are amazing. I love the idea of a diamond halo. This stone deserves to be the star.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning zircon! The cut and colour are amazing. I love the idea of a diamond halo. This stone deserves to be the star.

Thanks!

I am toying with the idea of a rose gold bezel to bring out its colour, and shall try it with the 8mm OEC blue Zircon to see if it works first.

Hopefully the OEC ring will be made soon after my Rubellite ring this side of 2020.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Can’t wait to see what you design=)2

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
OMG that stone is incredible, the cutting the color! I agree on the air gap, I love the art deco feel they give step cuts

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
The pink Spinel roughs and the blue Zircon rough together:

20200629_204006_crop_66.jpg

My RH Amethyst ring which is inspired by Theo Fennell's Bombé rings.

rhamethyetringremade_02.jpg

However, I am having second thoughts as I believe it deserves to be set on its own, in an air gap halo of some sort.

Plenty of time to sleep on if as it will not be set for a while!

Did you ever read Theo Fennell's book? This will be an incredible tribute to him, a very large ring and a very large life.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the way it’s turned out @dk168, a real stand alone piece.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you ever read Theo Fennell's book? This will be an incredible tribute to him, a very large ring and a very large life.

No, however, I used to work near his shop in Fulham Road and loved to window shop and admire his work.

I already have one bombé ring inspired by one of his designs - it was my 50th birthday present to myself. The main stone is a concave cut Amethyst from Richard Homer, and the side stones are sky blue trillions cut by Doug Menadue of Bespoke Gems in Australia.

568749-b91ca3b8ab4e4b3dd2ba52faad10b8dd.jpg

I would love another bombé ring for certain. However, I am toying with setting the stones at 45 deg with micro paved LGDs, something like this with micro paves around each stone for the cushion blue Zircon and pink Spinels, which have been cut:

zircon-and-spinels-after-jpg.817628

Pink-Sapphire-Tango-Ring-13.gif

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love:Your collection feels like a real 'power collection' to me, substantial, bold and colorful. The next trilogy is going to be fabulous, too.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
dk168, find the book. It's hilarious and outrageous.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results