shape
carat
color
clarity

6ct imperial topaz in 1.7ct graduated halo

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have set myself a personal goal of achieving a rainbow gem collection. One that had always eluded me was orange. Orange is my favorite color but I find it quite boring in gemstones. The only way to make it interesting was SIZE !
I came across an extremely large imperial topaz on eBay. Large and incredibly windowed. I had it recut and lost more than half her size. This was not ideal. But you can’t put that toothpaste back in the tube.
Also on eBay, I found this gaudy baby 0966EF2A-3027-4B52-A9E8-1EA467115557.jpeg
I knew the diamonds would be nice and the gold worth scrapping so I bought her despite being less than attractive. *cough hideous*
I’ve been told I have the imagination for this type of thing lol

I sent my new stone to dk with a very specific design idea in mind. I it took very few cad modifications to get the right look. I was very pleased with that as I can be very picky and it can take half a dozen or more
I’ll post the original and the approved :
395C265B-4102-4644-BD5C-EC8411054699.jpeg
312501FE-53F0-41AE-BA40-FE23C433A4F0.jpeg
The shank was particularly important to me. It seems rather simple but I wanted a tri wire shank thank that did not have that traditional “bar” where the shank split off. I found those overdone and looked uncomfortable. My idea for the crossing over design was executed perfectly as always. I also wanted the spider webs because I have found I like my rings to be quirky.
I did the ring in 14k white gold because my sapphire ring is so GD heavy- I wanted this to be light and wearable and that was achieved 1000%
I am thrilled with the outcome though it is a tad hard to photograph. The color is a nice sherbet orange and due to her color and spooky nature I have named her Jack (the pumpkin king ;-) )
9DA46F30-764A-4900-99FA-80152E1C5C89.jpeg A63C63AE-B87E-4D9C-BCFB-80432B8D53A7.jpeg 94CDCDA5-527B-4D44-AF78-16AA33ECE706.jpeg
12FBF0E4-9C7F-46E3-984D-B66519B1D44C.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Niel she is amazing. I love her. I love love love your gallery and tri wire design that looks amazing. You are super clever to use that other ring as well!
Question - how many more until the rainbow collection is complete?
Well the last color I need is purple but I may or may not have something purple currently in the mail.

dk168

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well the last color I need is purple but I may or may not have something purple currently in the mail.

Ooooh wow almost complete then!
What have you got that is red?

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
I have set myself a personal goal of achieving a rainbow gem collection. One that had always eluded me was orange. Orange is my favorite color but I find it quite boring in gemstones. The only way to make it interesting was SIZE !
I came across an extremely large imperial topaz on eBay. Large and incredibly windowed. I had it recut and lost more than half her size. This was not ideal. But you can’t put that toothpaste back in the tube.
Also on eBay, I found this gaudy baby 0966EF2A-3027-4B52-A9E8-1EA467115557.jpeg
I knew the diamonds would be nice and the gold worth scrapping so I bought her despite being less than attractive. *cough hideous*
I’ve been told I have the imagination for this type of thing lol

I sent my new stone to dk with a very specific design idea in mind. I it took very few cad modifications to get the right look. I was very pleased with that as I can be very picky and it can take half a dozen or more
I’ll post the original and the approved :
395C265B-4102-4644-BD5C-EC8411054699.jpeg
312501FE-53F0-41AE-BA40-FE23C433A4F0.jpeg
The shank was particularly important to me. It seems rather simple but I wanted a tri wire shank thank that did not have that traditional “bar” where the shank split off. I found those overdone and looked uncomfortable. My idea for the crossing over design was executed perfectly as always. I also wanted the spider webs because I have found I like my rings to be quirky.
I did the ring in 14k white gold because my sapphire ring is so GD heavy- I wanted this to be light and wearable and that was achieved 1000%
I am thrilled with the outcome though it is a tad hard to photograph. The color is a nice sherbet orange and due to her color and spooky nature I have named her Jack (the pumpkin king ;-) )
9DA46F30-764A-4900-99FA-80152E1C5C89.jpeg A63C63AE-B87E-4D9C-BCFB-80432B8D53A7.jpeg 94CDCDA5-527B-4D44-AF78-16AA33ECE706.jpeg
12FBF0E4-9C7F-46E3-984D-B66519B1D44C.jpeg

Lovelly remake !
Im very found of orange and would love an orange ring my self

I don't dislike the original ring but you have done a great job with the new ring
enjoy !

nutellakitty

Rough_Rock
Wow that is a wonderful ring! Love the orange color of the topaz!!!! What is the stone on the right top corner? Is that a topaz too?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is a wonderful ring! Love the orange color of the topaz!!!! What is the stone on the right top corner? Is that a topaz too?

The yellow one in the photo of halos? No that’s a sapphire.

Slick1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That’s truly delicious!!! What a beautiful ring! And a fine addition to your carefully curated gorgeous suite of rings!!

AnastasiaBeaverhausen

Brilliant_Rock
I don't dislike the original ring but you have done a great job with the new ring

Tehe, I was gonna say the same. "Hm, that setting doesn't look that bad." :lol:

@Niel: beautiful end result. What a journey this topaz had! I'm hoping to find an untreated pink topaz at some point cuz topaz is my kid's birthstone. But now I think I'm open to an orange one as well! So thank you for that!

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
Tehe, I was gonna say the same. "Hm, that setting doesn't look that bad." :lol:

@Niel: beautiful end result. What a journey this topaz had! I'm hoping to find an untreated pink topaz at some point cuz topaz is my kid's birthstone. But now I think I'm open to an orange one as well! So thank you for that!

Your kiddo has a great birthstone
So many choices and colours and plenty of nice stones not at bank busting prices, although im betting the orange is more exspensive than a London blue

im definatly also going to keep an eye out for a nice orange

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    February's Throwbacks: Diamonds are Forever
    February's Throwbacks: Diamonds are Forever
    March Birthstone 2021 - Aquamarine
    March Birthstone 2021 - Aquamarine
    Soapy Love
    Soapy Love

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.