shape
carat
color
clarity

Does a well cut diamond looks dark under direct sunlight?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

w143

Rough_Rock
It is AGS0 and negligible fluorescence, looks crystal clear under shade or indoor.
I took some pictures and the top view of the diamond looks dark and milky under direct sunlight. I am just curious is this common for a diamond? Why does it looks so dark under direct sunlight? As you can see, the side views of it are pretty clear, just the top view looks dark.

montage92007.jpeg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is your head or the camera obstructing the view...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi w,

To answer your title, yes they do. I''m not positive why, and I don''t know if any of us are, but Gary offers some suggestions on page 3 of this thread. If you''ll notice, some of mine and others are also dark. A lot of these (almost all mine) were taken in the sun.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-fire-thread.51563/

p.s. beautiful stone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was pretty upset the first time I saw my ideal cut AGS0 diamond in sunlight. It has a lot of fire but looks dark. That is how I found PS; I wanted to make sure I didn''t get ripped off. I found several threads on this and I guess it is common. My diamond looks awesome in any other lighting. Your ring is very pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results