shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your LEAST favorite wedding pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I dare you! When I got my wedding pics, I loved most of them, but of course there were a few that made me cringe. They were instantly relegated to an unnamed iPhoto folder, never to see the light of a 5 x 7 glossy. Well, Cassian's thread got me thinking about how we're conditioned to feel that we have to look perfect and flawless at our wedding, but we're really still human and have our flaws. Every once in a while the photographer catches us at our not so best. So let's be brave, and pull out those pics showing that extra chin, the wonky eye, the spinach in the teeth!

A couple of guidelines: NO disclaimers or self-criticism about how you were posing, or why you look that way, just post the pic. Tell us if it's a pro photo or a friend's candid shot. 10 to 1, the rest of us are going to look at your photo and see something beautiful or touching about it.

So obviously, since I've gone out on this limb, I might as well take the plunge. This is a pro pic.

D080sm.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
You two look so blissfully happy!! Even if it is a "reject" pic
3.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I love that picture! I can just about hear you guys laughing. And you guys REJECTED it? Poor little photo.
39.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Great thread! Love this idea!

I think you guys look so happy in love! You make each other laugh!
36.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Musey, Indy and snlee! You guys are illustrating my point really well. I look at myself in the picture, and think "eww, I look goofy" but then I look at him, and he looks so happy it brings tears to my eyes. I have no idea what we were laughing at, but it was a genuine moment.

A good photographer will shoot literally hundreds of photos, and will then have a ton of raw material to choose from for the proofs. And even though this one was among my least favorite, there''s no WAY I''m deleting it! I think I''d have an easier time choosing photos I really don''t like from the non-pro shots, but those haven''t received the same amount of processing and filtering.

Anyone else? Bueller?

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
Selkie, why is that a reject pic? You two look so happy! I can understand maybe not wanting to blow it up to an 11x13 and put it on your mantle, but I still think it shows a lot of great emotion!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
We had a tiny chapel ceremony and the chapel keeper took our picture (nothing but the best photographer for us...) outside the chapel. She was so good she insisted on TWO takes in case one was bad. Handed us back our camera. Developed the next day. This professional photographer..(ahem) got two fairly good shots of us. And she was so thoughtful to square up the the neighboring business'' sign. Like I said, nothing but the best for us...There we stand just newly betrothed and in the background is a sign for bail bond service. In both images front and center.

Oh, well. Some say rain on a wedding is bad, or good, but is there anything mentioned about jail time suggested in the wedding photo as a precursor to blissful marriage?

Honey that example you provided...should not be a reject. It is blissful.

DKS-oh happy to report no jail time as of this 10 year anniversary!!!
36.gif

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
i don''t have any wedding photos (and being as my wedding isn''t until ocotber 08 - its gonna be a while, heh) but i wanted in on the fun anyways!

098small.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 9:53:11 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
We had a tiny chapel ceremony and the chapel keeper took our picture (nothing but the best photographer for us...) outside the chapel. She was so good she insisted on TWO takes in case one was bad. Handed us back our camera. Developed the next day. This professional photographer..(ahem) got two fairly good shots of us. And she was so thoughtful to square up the the neighboring business'' sign. Like I said, nothing but the best for us...There we stand just newly betrothed and in the background is a sign for bail bond service. In both images front and center.

Oh, well. Some say rain on a wedding is bad, or good, but is there anything mentioned about jail time suggested in the wedding photo as a precursor to blissful marriage?

Honey that example you provided...should not be a reject. It is blissful.

DKS-oh happy to report no jail time as of this 10 year anniversary!!!
36.gif

Hahahaha! I guess that''s why photoshop was invented, although 10 years ago it wouldn''t have done you much good. It''s a great story, anyway!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 10:51:18 PM
Author: MMM
i don''t have any wedding photos (and being as my wedding isn''t until ocotber 08 - its gonna be a while, heh) but i wanted in on the fun anyways!

What a sweet picture!! Is it an engagement photo?

Cassian

Rough_Rock
Ugh! So....hard....to...resist....disclaimer.....

here is one of my shower pics. Candid by my mom.

DSCN2744.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!! It took me weeks to come to terms with some of my wedding photos (not at all the fault of my photographer, she did beautiful work). I''d love to share some of my "duds"!

This is an example of a photo that I find pretty unattractive, but DH and I agreed it HAD to be in the album - so this one will live on forever. In this photo, my dad is saying to DH "I''m giving you the best that I have" (I''m an only child).

Dadandus.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
This was an amazing series of series of photos using a mirror as I was getting ready...but um..this one was a little intimate!

BMsinmyrear.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Last one - DH thinks this one is hysterical (I do too - it really captures a great moment) - but it''s not going into a frame any time soon, for sure!

Wooooot.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''ll play...

Bored.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
One more...

WaitingKH.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly, funny, but I always imagined you as a blonde!!! This is a fun thread. I am sure I''ll add mine in a few months!

climb2cloud9

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 5:13:59 PM
Author: Elmorton
This was an amazing series of series of photos using a mirror as I was getting ready...but um..this one was a little intimate!

The best thing about this photo is that you''ve titled the photo file "BMsinmyrear"!! Ha! Ha! LOL!
41.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 5:39:05 PM
Author: neatfreak
Kimberly, funny, but I always imagined you as a blonde!!! This is a fun thread. I am sure I''ll add mine in a few months!
That is funny, NF. Definitely not blonde, I''ve got dark brown hair and blue/grey eyes to along with my pale skin. Can''t wait til you get to add yours!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 5:40:34 PM
Author: climb2cloud9

The best thing about this photo is that you''ve titled the photo file ''BMsinmyrear''!! Ha! Ha! LOL!
41.gif

I honestly didn''t think anyone would notice that - haha! Just callin it as I see it
26.gif

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Here''s one (of many!) of mine. It was taken while we were trying to get some Save the Date photos. We propped the camera up on a small tripod on the car and kept using the timer.

Uh... as you can see- I thought the timer had already gone off!

stdgoneawry.JPG

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Oh my god it is so much worse when it''s HUGE!!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I love the shade of your lipstick!
5.gif

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, it''s blistex! I hate lipstick!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Wait, so it's tinted Blistex? Cool! I hate lipstick too. Only VERY special occasions will get me to wear it. Oh, and I also wanted to say that you remind me of Lauren Graham in your pic.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock

Elmorton, I'd love to see some more of this series! And that title is hilarious.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, this is is different & funny thread, so I will have to post this candid taken by my family member! This is right after we made our exit from the church only to see that the white limo Excursion we had ordered was not out front, instead it was an old bus that we did NOt order. It''s priceless to see our faces, and DH and I laugh about it everytime we see this.
9.gif

limobusshocker.jpg

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
another one.... just look how PO''ed we are!!! good thing they refunded our money on the difference between the cost of what we ordered vs. what showed up....

disappointed11.jpg

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine - was pretending to be a serial killer with the cake-cutting knife - i was yelling RE! RE! RE!

(you know, that killer music..)

251x375.aspx

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 5:16:44 PM
Last one - DH thinks this one is hysterical (I do too - it really captures a great moment) - but it''s not going into a frame any time soon, for sure!
I LOVE that expression!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results