shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have one of the following rings for reference and opinions??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

phiberoptik

Rough_Rock
Ok so I am looking at different settings listed on some of the better known e-jewelers.

Does anyone have pictures of these and opinions on them. I know most people love their rings regardless but I am open to all suggestions from people who actually have experience with these settings. Feel free to give me specifics and opinions on other rings that are near identical to these in this price range. The idea is to spend as little as possible for a quality white gold setting to focus on the best diamond I can get.

ED Accent Diamond Engraved Engagement Ring
http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engagement-Rings-5/Diamond-Accent-Engagement-Rings-12/Accent-Diamond-Engraved-Engagement-Ring-1323.html

WF Engraved Cathedral Solitare
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Engraved-Cathedral-Solitaire_1033.htm

WF The Legato with Micro Pave
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/The--Legato--with-Micro-Pave_1071.htm

JA Pave Setting Engagement Ring
http://www.jamesallen.com/products/item_58-1907.asp

JA Ladies Pave Diamond Engagement Ring
http://www.jamesallen.com/products/item_58-1895.asp

THANKS!!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Ooh...I dunno. But out of all of the ones you listed, I like the legato the best, followed by the two james allen rings.
I know a couple people around here have the legato, but can''t remember their names off the top of my head.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
the legato micropave would be my choice out of the one's you listed
1.gif

cinnamon013 has the ring..here's the link to her thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-ring-micro-pave-band-with-831-aca-stone.61478/

phiberoptik

Rough_Rock

Seems like people will always like whats most expensive huh? haha.

I like them all but every dollar that goes into the setting, take away from the star of the show

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 2:01:07 PM
Author: phiberoptik

Seems like people will always like whats most expensive huh? haha.

I like them all but every dollar that goes into the setting, take away from the star of the show

LOL, true... but that''s why you need to decide what is more important (and know what is more important to your future fiance)... setting or center diamond...

For me personally the setting was more important which is why I don''t even have a diamond as my center stone.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the last one best and next the WF.

phiberoptik

Rough_Rock
anyone else have opinions or have one of these settings?

sills

Rough_Rock
Out of the settings you have listed I prefer the WF Legato with micro pave. It is one of the settings I am considering as well.

Good old Gold does not list pricing on their website but they have a lot of settings similar to the ones you have chosen.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/Home/

Best of luck on your decision,

sills

phiberoptik

Rough_Rock
Stella - how happy are you with the quality of the setting itself. How manufactured or cast does it look? I have seen a lot of non brand name settings look very machine made.

Thanks for replies.

Bumpers!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, I really like the real-life pictures of the engraved setting. That is lovely! I think I''d go for that one first, with the 2nd James Allen in runner-up position. I think pave looks pretty, but I personally would worry about the diamonds getting knocked out, and I think having an engraved band is a way to spice up the band in a way that wouldn''t make me become OCD over whether or not stones had fallen out. But that''s just crazy me.
2.gif

Stellablue687

Rough_Rock

Hi Phib – I would say that it is a pretty good setting for the money. It is not a designer level setting by far…but for what it is, it’s nice. It does not look custom made but it doesn’t look too “machine made” either (if I understand your comment correctly). Truthfully, this is a temp setting for me as I continue to trade up my stone in the quest for the size I want (at least 2.3 c). Because I didn’t want to put a lot of money into a temp setting, I picked this one because it was one of the least expensive settings WF had. Once I reach my ‘holy grail’ I will set the stone in a different setting (probably a halo). But again, it is a nice setting for the price – I love how thin it is.

Hope that helps.

phiberoptik

Rough_Rock
I have a local shop looking for the one from excel. Why doesnt anyone else like it as much as I do?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2007 5:07:39 PM
I have a local shop looking for the one from excel. Why doesnt anyone else like it as much as I do?
I don't like the Excel setting because the prongs are so blocky, straight, and chunky-looking. Some people like that architectural-ish look, but I feel that it looks heavy and can overpower or detract from the diamond. Then again, they might be more delicate in real life. It's hard to tell from the photos.

Of the choices above, I really like the Legato! It's elegant and has a delicate, graceful head.

phiberoptik

Rough_Rock
The head of the ED ring is part of what set it apart from the others for me. I actually spent my first month of looking soley at 3 stone princess cut and insisted the prongs had to be straight and architectual. Of course that had to do with the straight lines of the PC diamonds. I just dont like the generic 4 or 6 prong heads that so many rings have on them.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2007 3:27:13 PM
The head of the ED ring is part of what set it apart from the others for me. I actually spent my first month of looking soley at 3 stone princess cut and insisted the prongs had to be straight and architectual. Of course that had to do with the straight lines of the PC diamonds. I just dont like the generic 4 or 6 prong heads that so many rings have on them.

I assume you are the man buying for his girl correct? The thing is about that head, is that it is MASCULINE. Now, some women like that, and if yours is one of them, then fantastic. BUT I wouldn't hesitate to say that the majority of women would prefer more delicate prongs/less blocky head. And you need to remember that you are shopping for her, not for yourself, so you need to put yourself in her shoes and think about what SHE would prefer. Just my .02 though!

phiberoptik

Rough_Rock
Im not quite sure I understand what is so masculine about that ring...

Anyone else have any of these personally?

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
I like the last JA best.

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
phiberoptik ~

I have the first James Allen setting that you inquired about, and it is gorgeous! I have it in platinum, not white gold. Here is an actual picture, since I know the website shows only a stock photo.

courtcush3.JPG

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!
Although I know the legato with micropave is expensive I vote for it. I have the legato but with the diamonds forever eternity setting and I adore it. Very comfortable to wear, workmanship is superb, beautiful to look at and the list goes on. People compliment the legato head sometimes more than the diamond it is super pretty.
Good luck with the search keep us posted
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results