shape
carat
color
clarity

Flower color question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Our chapel and reception place is next to the ocean and got a great view of the water. For flower arrangements (chapel flowers plus reception area), the facility only offers color themes in blue, yellow, white, and pink. FI doesn''t want pink coz he thinks it''s too girly, and thinks blue would be nice since it''ll match with the blue sky and water. My dress is kind of plain at the front so I was thinking of a bright pink bouquet, and the virgin road will be sprinkled w/ mix of white/pink/red pedals. Do you think it''ll be too many colors? should I stick to the pink theme? thanks!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think blue would be too much going on if your bouquet and petals are pink. But that''s just my opinion. I think white would look much better if your FI doesn''t want to do the pink.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I think white is probably your best choice in this case. The blue may look out of place, while the white will look very bridal/elegant/fresh and should really compliment the blue water and sky quite nicely.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it is humid the white might brown quicker. Just a thought. Yellow is pretty.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
This in only my own opinion, so take it with a grain of salt...but I find blue flowers a) a common masculine choice (hee hee, thank FI), and quite a stark juxtoposition against the pink, and b) sometimes blue flowers can look too dyed, and therefore not as fresh, pretty and natural.

just my 2c. I''d stick to the pink/red combo you''re already working with. The red *should* be a more comfortable choice for FI (not as girly as pink).

GL
2.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Yellow will make the blues look bluer..., white is pretty too but i would tie your bouquet in. Too many colours can look a bit odd. If you are set on a pink bouquet I would use pink, white and lots of greenery in the flowers so as not to look too girly.

Just a quick question Kissmark as it relates to another thread - I notice you wrote "white/pink/red pedals" - did you mean to write ''pedals'' or was it a spelling mistake?
33.gif

griffitk

Rough_Rock
I have seen some beautiful wedding pictures where couples used one color scheme for the ceremony and something completely different for the reception. This can be really dramatic if there is a large difference in the colors and if the colors are a major theme in the room. For example, if you made the reception really dramatic with blue uplights and blue flowers but at the ceremony everything was completely in pink including the programs and possibly the chair covers. This makes the the monochromatic look in each setting look planned, rather than jumbled.

The other option to tie it all together is to use a common theme. For example, jewel-toned tulips in both settings or pastel hydrangeas. This way despite the color change, you can see how the centerpiece relates to the ceremony flowers.

Good luck! :)

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 10:23:23 AM
Author: Pandora II
Yellow will make the blues look bluer..., white is pretty too but i would tie your bouquet in. Too many colours can look a bit odd. If you are set on a pink bouquet I would use pink, white and lots of greenery in the flowers so as not to look too girly.

Just a quick question Kissmark as it relates to another thread - I notice you wrote ''white/pink/red pedals'' - did you mean to write ''pedals'' or was it a spelling mistake?
33.gif
hey complete spelling mistake, quite silly. how does it relate to another thread?

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results