shape
carat
color
clarity

Comparing 34.8/40.8 with 34/41 crown and pavillion angles

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a link to a video made by GoodoldGold which shows these two combinations

www.goodoldgold.com/videos/408vs41.wmv
ffice
6.gif
ffice" /><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Very helpful visual! Thank you indeed!

Those are really incredible. I can't wait to get my diamond ring back and try to emulate that spot lighting for an unfair comparison in favor of the diamonds in the video. I think alot of its beauty is due to the size of the diamonds giving off nice big flashes, and then being manified
30.gif
AMAZING!. While mine might be performing as well, everything will be smaller and thus less noticable
7.gif
ugh I want to get my ff a big one.....so I can watch it while we talk at cracker barrell
9.gif

At first I thought the one on the left might have had a slight bit more brilliance, but it was was probably that particular time at which I was looking at it with that analytical mindset. every little streak of white light and design of light within the stone was SO similar, it was incredible. Def nothing to worry about man.

(I do hate though how people will "bash" on certain excellent combos at times--, I know many times my 34.6/40.7 miss recommendations by a slight bit, which makes me real mad and consider returning it. but thats just crazy talk, don't worry about it. You have all the data you need to ensure a "super" ideal)

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Pyramid. I watched the video with the sound off, so I don''t know which diamond is which. My first thought is no one was clearly superior to the other, however I was drawn more to the one on the right. Maybe because it looked bigger? Or maybe when choosing between two equal objects, I will favor the one on the right side? Or maybe it really is a better diamond? Good luck in your decision.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, what a great video! I want those diamonds!!!!! Beautiful! (Gosh, we worry needlessly over these numbers sometime, don''t we?)

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I watch the one with the blind test of the three stones in the park, H&A, Ideal and Steep and deep.

Results

3 votes S&D
2 each for the other
and several voters with no preference.

The experts could only tell the S&D when they blocked base of the diamond from the light....very interesting.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Pyramid, very nice, thanks. Did Jonathan do this for you? What''s the story behind the video? I did a quick scan on the GOG site, see a series of videos, but this one didn''t jump out at me.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2007 11:04:03 PM
Author: Regular Guy
Pyramid, very nice, thanks. Did Jonathan do this for you? What's the story behind the video? I did a quick scan on the GOG site, see a series of videos, but this one didn't jump out at me.

Hello Regular Guy

Yes Jonathan did this for me because of the 40.1 pavillion angle I am considering, it is going to be part though of future videos he is doing for the site he said, so I expect it will be put on the site sometime. I had written many emails back and forth with him about it and I was still unsure so he said he would do a comparison; I posted the link to the video here with his permission. It is really Jonathan I feel who deserves the thanks here because he did the video after answering my questions and trying to reassure me and I just wasn't still comfortable with it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you still going for the 1.9 P?? That was a great video, nice going Jon also!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results