shape
carat
color
clarity

63 carat precision faceted rose quartz from Madagascar

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uli Zeisberg of Osirisgems.com faceted this huge piece of Madagascar material, and good heavens, the man is extremely talented. Normally, I don''t go for such light tones, but I thought the price was phenomenal, $200, and it has a sleepy appearance and church window faceting that makes it look a bit surreal. Now when I opened the box and held the stone, I could actually feel the heft of it. It is sleepy, but it still has excellent transparency for a rose quartz, and it does sparkle. Unfortunately, it''s a cloudy overcast day here, and I want the sun to come out to enjoy how it performs outside. Here''s the vendor shot.

TLRosequartzchurch.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's my shot. I love the lavender secondary color. That fuzz on the table is dust from the box it was in.

TL63caratrosequartz.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deadly weapon.

TLrosequartsweapon.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A far away shot with my new minty tourmaline ring so you can get an idea of the size (preview). The tourmaline is 4.5 carats and 9.4 mm, to give you an idea of the mammoth size of the rose quartz. In any case, I thought my fire opal was huge until I saw this thing. LOL!

The precision faceting and polish are superb. The meets are amazing, and Uli is someone I would recommend for precision faceted gems. He's also very well priced. Look at that diagonal line going down the middle of the stone, great symmetry.

TLrosequartzhuge.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a bit small .......... do you think you should give it a halo????
9.gif

Love the description of "church window" - it''s exactly like that and even though I''m really not a fan of rose quartz, this is definitely an appealing stone. Nice buy TL!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This stone really glows quite a bit too. I forgot to mention that. Even in low light conditions. This is due to it''s silk, so for sleepy stone fans, rose quartz is a nice gem to consider as long as it''s not too sleepy.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2010 2:26:36 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
9.gif

Love the description of ''church window'' - it''s exactly like that and even though I''m really not a fan of rose quartz, this is definitely an appealing stone. Nice buy TL!

I was considering a halo so that it would give the stone some size and presence!! LOL!

Thanks LD.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2010 2:30:39 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

9.gif

Love the description of ''church window'' - it''s exactly like that and even though I''m really not a fan of rose quartz, this is definitely an appealing stone. Nice buy TL!

I was considering a halo so that it would give the stone some size and presence!! LOL!

Thanks LD.
Yep I agree, on it''s own it might be considered a little understated. Perhaps add a halo, then some trilliant diamond sides? After all, you want people to notice it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Make that a triple halo.
25.gif
But seriously, the facet work is nothing short of amazing and gives the rose quartz that little extra special touch.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I feel bad that I was too much of a chicken and did not buy from his ebay store. I just did not know how to set his heavy things, except for in a yoke. I am eager to see what you make of it. It looks fantastic in your photograph!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
TL that stone is beautiful! The color is so ethereal. Can''t beat the size either
emwink.gif
Color me envious

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Chrono,
Uli talks about the importance of good facet meets on his website. He seems to really know his stuff. Normally I don't like rose quartz, but if he could make it look this good, cudos to him for his artistry.

Thanks Crasru,
I was thinking of setting it in silver and making a pendant out of it, and hopefully that cutlet won't be exposed, or I'll be a goner!! Actually, it's so huge I could display it in my curio cabinet!!
6.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2010 2:55:21 PM
Author: davi_el_mejor
TL that stone is beautiful! The color is so ethereal. Can't beat the size either
emwink.gif
Color me envious
Thanks Davi,
Ethreal is a good word to describe it. It has an unworldy glow about it and the religious church window design adds to that. I have a small spinel (about a carat) that is sleepy with a similar color, and it's so pretty. The blue sheen just floats around in there. This stone kind of reminds me of that spinel.

I also want to say that from the two stones I own, I find Uli's photos to be very representative of the stone IRL.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
6.gif
That is FABULOUS! I LOVE IT!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif

rotflmao2.gif

Its a lovely stone and I really like the sleepiness of it.

-A

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
That is a gorgeous stone! I don''t normally like rose quartz as I normally find it a little boring (ducks) but this is far from boring!! A nice halo RHR would be perfect
2.gif
What is the diameter?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Porridge, Arcadian, Sparklyheart.

Here's the vendor description from Uli, and the measurements.

The best Rose Quartzes for faceting comes from the Island Madagascar. This one has a good color-saturation and clarity, only a little silk. The name of this cut is "Rosette de Teirm" named after Church Window that inspired me at this design.
63.63cts., 25.0 x 21.9 mm

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
supercool TL!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
So what are you going to do with it TL? RHR??
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks MTG.

Date: 5/7/2010 4:25:21 PM
Author: Porridge
9.gif
I think it would make for a good nose ring.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
very cool! can''t wait to see what you do with it!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! It''s huge!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 4:44:27 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 5/7/2010 4:25:21 PM

Author: Porridge

9.gif

I think it would make for a good nose ring.
For your pet elephant?!?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Bella.

Laila,
Yes it's quite large!!

Porridge, ha ha!!

Here's the church window that inspired the faceting.

churchwindow.JPG

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Fantastic! Love it!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-it''s beautiful TL! I really like the cut on it.

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that stone has some amazing inner glow!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is BEAUTIFUL!! I love it! And for 200 bucks you cant beat the deal!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Good heavens, that is ethereal! I would bezel it in satin finished rose gold.

ETA- I just saw the handshot! Maybe use it as a doorknob? Lamp pull? It's a monster!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results