shape
carat
color
clarity

60/60 Diamond Comparison Video?

Pimberly

Rough_Rock
I’ve tried searching for 60/60 diamond videos on YouTube and am not having much luck. I was wondering if anyone knows of any videos that compare the performance of a well cut 60/60 diamond next to an ideal cut diamond? I’ve read that 60/60 are brighter and ideal diamonds have more fire, but it would be so helpful to actually see the difference.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pimberly

Rough_Rock
Great, thank you!!

Pimberly

Rough_Rock
Here is an entire thread devoted to the topic: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...e-of-the-beholder-can-one-cut-fit-all.232226/

In that thread @diamondseeker2006 shared this link which you likely will find helpful, as it has a video comparing the two: https://www.whiteflash.com/about-diamonds/diamond-education/diamond-fire-1568.htm

I just watched the video and looked and the proportions on the 60/60 stone and I see the crown angle is 31.5 and the pavillion angle is 41.4, which I’ve read are not great angles. Are these angles considered to work well in 60/60 stones, or is the stone in the video not very well cut? I apologize if this is answered already in the other thread because I haven’t gotten through it yet.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just watched the video and looked and the proportions on the 60/60 stone and I see the crown angle is 31.5 and the pavillion angle is 41.4, which I’ve read are not great angles. Are these angles considered to work well in 60/60 stones, or is the stone in the video not very well cut? I apologize if this is answered already in the other thread because I haven’t gotten through it yet.

Sorry, I cannot answer your question personally. It may be answered in the linked thread or perhaps someone will come along who can answer.

Or perhaps add your question to that thread so others may benefit from the information being in one place collectively.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Are these angles considered to work well in 60/60 stones, or is the stone in the video not very well cut? I apologize if this is answered already in the other thread because I haven’t gotten through it yet.

Yes, there are much better combos than that dud on the video. Take time to visit that thread @the_mother_thing posted earlier. A nice 60/60 can be breathtaking so don't limit yourself to only superideal proportions if you come across a good stone in person.

Pimberly

Rough_Rock
Yes, there are much better combos than that dud on the video. Take time to visit that thread @the_mother_thing posted earlier. A nice 60/60 can be breathtaking so don't limit yourself to only superideal proportions if you come across a good stone in person.

Thanks for the response! I just finished up the thread and found it very interesting, but I’m still left with some questions.
Are the same crown and pavilion angle combinations that are desirable when trying to find the typical PriceScope ideal cut diamond the same angles that would contribute to a well cut a 60/60 stone?
Also, I would still love to see a well cut 60/60 next to an ideal in a video. Or even just video examples of 60/60 diamonds that are considered well cut by the PriceScopers who appreciate them without the comparison of another diamond next to them.
I am very intrigued by the idea of a brighter diamond.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the response! I just finished up the thread and found it very interesting, but I’m still left with some questions.
Are the same crown and pavilion angle combinations that are desirable when trying to find the typical PriceScope ideal cut diamond the same angles that would contribute to a well cut a 60/60 stone?
Also, I would still love to see a well cut 60/60 next to an ideal in a video. Or even just video examples of 60/60 diamonds that are considered well cut by the PriceScopers who appreciate them without the comparison of another diamond next to them.
I am very intrigued by the idea of a brighter diamond.

Not the same angle combo as in superideals, because the proportions has to work with the larger table and shallower depth. The thread you read had a few examples.
Checkout this thread. Not necessarily of 60/60 but may help in pursuit of a "brighter" diamond.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/adding-symmetry-to-hca-scores.246504/#post-4488743

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
One more thing - to find a good combo, whether 34/41 or 60/60 combo, or other extremes, you're best off to contact someone who can source such stone for you than trying finding one yourself based on proportions alone, especially when you're not experienced. Try Jonathan (@Rhino ) at August Vintage, and he most likely will be able to provide a video for you. He offers a concierge service to locate and provide such diamonds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results