shape
carat
color
clarity

6-prong Solitaire Settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angel777

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone,
I am intereted in seeing your 6-prong solitaire settings (for a round diamond).
I checked out as many posts as I could, as well as show me the ring post, but certain rings I loved didn't mention who the designer was.

If its not too much trouble, can you please post the pictures of your settings along with a designer's name?

Thank you so much beforehand!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi angel and welcome..

There are a bunch of 6 prong settings out there. Superbcert is the one that most people here feel is the closest to the Original Tiffany. Is that what you''re leaning towards? It might help if you can post a picture of a few settings you like and we can help tell you where they are from..

145.jpg

angel777

Shiny_Rock
From looking at a lot of different settings, 2 stood out to me.

One is the Locke''s Signature setting that diamondseeker mentioned (thank you). Its simply breathtaking.

And the second one is the Sunburst Solitaire by Mark Morrell.

SunBurst_CPs.jpg

I absolutely adore that setting, but understand that Mark is a very busy jeweler and the waiting period will be 2-3 months, which is a little too much for me.
I am trying to find similar settings that are more easily available.

I am not a fan of Tiffany''s replicas because of the knife edge and feel like it would be uncomfy to wear.

Any other settings that resembler Sunburst or Locke''s?

Thanks!!!
21.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the wait is long for Mark Morrell, partly because of them being on vacation until Sept. 18th. I''m not really wanting to wait that long to being waiting again either! I don''t know of any other beautiful 6 prong settings. There are a couple of other 4 prong ones on my recent solitaire thread. Here it is if you just want to take a look!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-neverending-solitaire-setting-search.49497/

I''ll be honest, though, I think I like the Lockes better than the Sunburst because I like the tiny prong tips on the Lockes.

sea

Rough_Rock
That lockes setting is gorgeous.

Where can I locate that online?

Thanks!

Seasen

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Hi Angel! Welcome to PS
1.gif
I too love the Lockes! It''s my favorite 6 prong. I will actually have one in a couple weeks
36.gif
Some other 6 prongs I''ve considered over the months were the Vatche Royal Crown and another one by Tacori but I don''t know the model #.

Vatche - Royal Crown

6p-royalcrown.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Tacori - I found it at Solomon Brothers online

6p- Tacori sixprong solomon bros 88412.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2006 8:40:39 PM
Author: sea
That lockes setting is gorgeous.

Where can I locate that online?

Thanks!

Seasen

Hi Sea! You have to purchase it directly from Lockes Diamantaires. http://www.lockesdiamonds.com/ Also, they don't sell just the setting alone. They make it to custom fit the diamond. There is also an approval process needed if you do not buy one of their stones.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another setting that I really liked. It''s also a Tacori and it actually has 8 prongs-

tacori88042.jpg

angel777

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for all the info girls!!

I am leaning towards Locke''s setting. Its so simple yet, has such elegance. And the waiting period won''t be bad hopefully.

sunkist - I think you made the right choice with locke''s.
1.gif
If I dont find anything else in the next few weeks, I will go for locke''s as well.
diamondseeker - thank you for the link. I definitely have my heart set on 6-prong settings though, as I think it makes the diamond look very round, vs. 4-prongs that almost make it look square. although if i liked 4-prongs , there are so many gorgeous choices.

Thanks again for all the responses!!

angel777

Shiny_Rock
Hi girls,
well I am waiting for a response from Lockes regarding their setting. Its been 3 days and no response so far. I hope my diamond will be accepted!!

I am getting a little worried though, as I don''t have a back up setting that I could fall back on.

I was wondering if there are any other 6 prong settings that have unique little touches like surprise diamonds that you could point me to.

Thanks again for all your help, you are all wonderful!
36.gif

angel777

Shiny_Rock
Bump.

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
hi Angel777,

Who did you contact at Lockes? By phone or email? I dealt with Maria, the manager, primarily by email and she was pretty responsive. If you call on a weekday someone should at least be answering the phone. Did you send your specs (certificate, details, etc) to them for approval or are you just contacting them for the first time?

Diamondlove

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d call them tomorrow, don''t rely on emails. Good luck, I adore the Lockes setting. I hope they accept your stone, and mention PS while you''re at it. I think by now, they now many of us are fans of their signature setting.
2.gif

angel777

Shiny_Rock
Diamondlove,
I contacted Maria at Lockes and did send her my certificate for the stone to be approved. I called today and was told that she has been out of the office and should be back tomorrow.
I am just slowly running out of time, and need the ring to be ready by the end of September. And with 2-3 weeks it takes to set the stone, I probably won''t get it in time, which is not the end of the world but just offsets certain plans. ^_^

Thank you Keleigh! I adore you setting as well, sooo pretty :)

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Oh okay, that explains why you haven''t heard anything. Did you tell her about your time crunch? She should''ve had someone take care of the matter while she was gone if she knew. Sorry about it all but hopefully they can still make your deadline. Either way, I know you''ll love the ring once you get it. I still adore it and admire it all the time.
3.gif

Good luck!

DL

angel777

Shiny_Rock
Yessum. I wish I mentioned my time crunch to her earlier , I just didn''t know she had time away planned! :)
I adore pictures of your ring daily. It is truly exquisite. I almost feel a little bit guilty that I made up my mind so fast, when the lovely diamondseeker has been doing this for such a long while.
Thanks for all your help!
1.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
That Lockes is a great choice! It is so pretty! I wish I had heard of it before I did my reset, I definitely would have considered it.

Question for the recent Lockes purchasers, just cuz I''m curious! Had you seen the ring in person before you bought it, or were you going off of other pricescopers'' pics? That really shows the power of Pricescope in influencing the market (at least in a small way!)

I first saw the Lockes ring with Matatora got it. I miss seeing her around here!

pr0pel

Rough_Rock
How much does the locke''s setting go for and where can one get it? Do you have to have them set it or can you have your own jeweler do it?

angel777

Shiny_Rock
pr0pel,
you can get the setting from www.lockesdiamonds.com/,
it costs about $1900. Lockes makes every setting custom to the stone, so they will be the ones setting it, you cannot have your jeweler do it.

Good luck!

angel777

Shiny_Rock
gailrmv,
I saw pictures of lockes on pricescope, and that is when I decided to buy it. I haven''t actually been to NY to see it in person and am hoping that it will be just what pictures show. stunning. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results