shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 6+ ct Antique EC with FC Baguettes - Kama’s 10yr Anni Upgrade!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this is going to be a long one...

So when I was at the Miami antique show in February, I saw a beautiful 6.38ct J VVS2 emerald cut diamond. It was Jogani’s, who I met through Grace (Jewels by Grace). If you don’t know Jogani, he has the most amazing selection of beautiful antique high carat and colour stones. But, I was actually looking for a cushion to upgrade to, and hadn’t even considered emerald cuts. Plus it was the very first stone I saw and my original intention was to upgrade for our 10 year anni next year, and hadn’t expected to find a stone I liked so soon. I was also unsure about the size as I was initially looking for something under 4cts. Due to the reasons above, I let it go.

I still couldn’t stop thinking about it and hubby finally said I really should stop analyzing and just get it. Unfortunately, by the time I went back to get it, he ended up selling it at the Hong Kong show a few weeks later. It was sold to an European dealer who had planned to recut the stone because he thought he could get a higher colour (it is super white facing).

I was really heart broken. Grace, my bling pusher and a dear friend, sent me some killer stones to consider after that, and while they were stunning, I couldn’t stop thinking of the one that got away. I (virtually) cried on her shoulders a hundred times about missing out on that stone. It was my HG and I lost it.

Then in May, Sam at Icerock diamonds, was going to Geneva to a show and he said this show has many big antique stones. I had been following him on IG and met him once briefly. I showed him a video of my HG and asked him to keep an eye out for me if he came across anything that fit my very detailed search criteria. Now, I have very specific taste and am very particular about my old cuts. Sam instantly understood exactly what I was looking for, which blew my mind. Towards the end of Day 1, he sent me a video of a beautiful 6.2ct J VVS2 stone. I absolutely LOVED the facets and thought it was incredibly insanely close to my HG stone.

Here is where things get interesting. I sent a video to @Resonance.Of.Life and @ForteKitty , and both of them instantly said that it was the exact same stone from Miami...

And sure enough, Jogani later confirmed that it was indeed the very same stone!!! The only difference was the shape (and minor weight difference) - the stone now had these beautiful clipped edges as the dealer tried to recut it slightly. The dealer also mentioned that GIA will likely reclassify as an I, but alphabets don’t matter much to me. So of course I bought it instantly...in fact, I had confirmed it even before I knew it was the exact same stone!

I can’t believe my stone finally made its way to me after an exciting round trip across the world!!! LA -> Miami -> Hong Kong -> somewhere in Europe -> Geneva -> LA -> Napa ->Toronto.

It was meant to be mine.

821DDEB8-E464-4D68-A7A3-DCF9B285CFD8.jpeg

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting was made by Sam’s wife, Molly. Molly has an amazing design eye and can instantly visualize what you have pictured in your head. I told her I wanted this ring to stand out. The stone is so unique, and it deserves a setting that will make it shine - a throne - if you will. I wanted yellow gold, but it had to be matte/brushed. I also wanted to do French Cut baguette sides. Molly found the perfect stones that could be recut to FCs. The resulting custom stones that were cut for me were beyond stunning!

Their bench then set the stone for me and Sam overnighted it to me when I was in Napa last week. It was love at first sight! I’ll let the pics do the rest of the talking!

I am struggling a bit with the size as all of my other diamonds/stones are under 3cts, so this is a massive jump. I tend to fly under the radar as much as possible...and this ring makes it hard. Although I imagine most would think a stone this large is likely a CZ. I also plan to wear it solo as it takes up most of my lower under the knuckle finger space. That said, Sam is currently making a gorgeous FC baguette eternity band for me.

These two pics were taken by Sam and showcase the facets and details of the ring beautifully:

1F6170C0-D4D0-4803-A8A1-2E71C72C4479.jpeg

0407D195-1B15-41A0-91AE-3119FFECC717.jpeg

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few more pics of the ring on my hand for perspective:

A80D1166-3A73-4DAA-A3F3-6F9716D346C3.jpeg

016E93D8-5293-4A17-98F9-4A9004ED4986.jpeg

C984BBE5-D2F0-4296-A84B-691635108104.jpeg

70F23598-70E9-42DD-8EC5-584B40C782A2.jpeg

3D55E875-B2EE-400A-B9E4-0D25A0EBFC80.jpeg

8554154E-D6FD-4BAB-9C30-2B0F552B43DE.jpeg

A22E89C6-B75F-49BF-BD5F-FBF1926955EF.jpeg

AC69AF1F-CF33-41E4-89DE-E8AFC4D2F7EA.jpeg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:eek-2: Goodness gracious, that is the most beautiful stone I've ever seen! Now that would be my HG!!!!!!!! Congratulations and Happy 10th Anniversary.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THUD!!!!!!

tumblr_n5kgwzzHYc1smcbm7o1_400.gif

TDF GORGEOUS!!! Sorry for all the capital letters but this piece is freaking awesome!!!!:love::love::love::love::love::love:

and yes it is meant to be!!!!!! :appl:

(and girl, you will get used to it super quick. Mark my words. It will become the "perfect" size for you very soon).

Enjoy your gorgeous masterpiece!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG DEAD!!!! This is so freaking amazing!!! :love::love::love::love: The stone is absolutely GORGEOUS and wow, talking about meant to be!!! Early congrats on your anniversary!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crikey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is nothing, NOTHING, about this that I don't like?!!!!!!!

It's just the most amazing thing!! :love::love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How is it possible to have such a beautiful ring:) :) Glad you cried and cried;))...it prolonged the time while this stone found its way back to you.

And your setting is perfect. Elegant. Classic. Those sides are mind boggling--I'm shaking my head.

Can you say jewel of the year??

cheers--Sharon

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful stone and it looks amazing on your hand!! Love the story behind it as well, it really was meant to be.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The story, the stone, the setting - sheer perfection! Amazingly, it looks perfect on your hand. It certainly has presence but is not too overwhelming and I say that thinking for sure that based on size it would.

The others are right - when it is meant to be, it is. Enjoy it for all the wonderous ways it made its way back to you - it was clearly your stone all along - just wanted to do some traveling before it made its way home!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new EC ring is AMAZING!!! :love: It's going to look great w/ all of your VCA pieces--loving your whole jewelry collection! :appl: BTW, can you tell us the dimensions of your EC for proportions sake?

Happy Anniversary to you both! :wavey:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think my heart just cried. That is THE most beautiful emerald cut stone I have ever seen, and you/Molly nailed the perfect setting for it.

I’m speechless. Wow :geek2:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, amazing, emerald cut centre, wow French cut baguettes didn’t even know they have those :shock:. Perfect ring! For me this is a JOTY piece.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omg..It is absolutely gorgeous! Stunning!!! The color is amazing!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous EC! Congratulations on a stunning new ring - everything about it is lovely!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see why you couldn't stop thinking about it. WOW. That has got to be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!!!!!!!!

I don't think it looks too big at all. It looks perfect on your hand!

WOW!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, wow,wow and 100,000,000,000,000,000 more wows.
That diamond is perfection.
What I love absolutely most about the diamond is that she found her way back to you.
Meant to be.
Wear her and love her every second of every day forever more.
That’s a forever stone.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy 10th Anniversary! Thanks for sharing your amazing story, it certainly was fate and meant to be, your ring is breath taking! I could admire it all day :love:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my new favorite. Favorite stone. Favorite setting. It is sooooo beautiful and you wear it so well. Ahh....goals. Goals. Did you say what size finger You are?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Holy mackerel! That is such an amazing stone! I’m so glad she found her way back to you!! The size will not seem so large in a few weeks and you’ll be totally used to her before long!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results