shape
carat
color
clarity

6.06 ct Spess lipstick ring by David Klass!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
About a month ago I bought a medium dark
toned vivid reddish orange spess from the
charming mr Jim McCormick from 'Elviz
Prasiolite's Gemstones for your day' and
had it sent to David Klass.

Coming Tuesday I will pick up the ring. I
cannot wait to have this ring on my finger
and see the stone and setting in real life!

It has been such a pleasure working with
David Klass: he is very kind and
professional, works fast and seemed to
have read my mind! Thd first drawing
and the first wax were spot on. And
based on the photo's I love the result!!!

Tuesday cannot come soon enough.

_27912.jpg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Acinom! Just beautiful and I am so glad David did such a wonderful job for you. Can't wait to see your photos!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
awesome! i love that style!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With that title, I had to click on this thread!

Beautiful...I want more pictures!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to see the hand shots.

DK :))

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!! Hope it arrives really soon! :appl:

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
I love the title! And I love your new ring even more :love: :love: . Your spess looks incredible. I can hardly wait for hand shots.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh so lovely!!

cheers--Sharon

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! Just gorgeous!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That setting is beautiful!!! Looking forward to hand shots!!! :love: :appl: :))

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone and setting! Can't wait to see more!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, another color to add to your rainbow collection! :love: :appl: I can't wait to see pictures after you get it!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous color

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Gorgeous! Can't wait to see more photos.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you sooo much for your reactions redwood, Niel, tyty, DK, ricezo, Pattyco, canuk-gal, ringcat, ZestfullyBling, ally, Diamondseeker, cricket, Rockinruby, . I will add handshots on Tuesday after I have picked up the ring.

redwood: yes, based on the photo's David did such a great job! this was the first time I worked with him and enjoyed it. And his prices are so reasonable. So, now he is working on yet another ring for me.

tyty and PattCo: I hardly wear make-up, but I do enjoy wearing vivid deep red lipsticks as well as darker tones like the 'Rouge Noir' by Chanel. This stone seems to have both depending on the light conditions :lol:

ricezo: I had it shipped to my jeweller in Antwerp and the ring is waiting there for me. Tuesday is the first opportunity to go to Antwerp. I can't wait!

ally: I hopefully love the stone when I see it with my own eyes. Again this was a project where I was not able to see the stone with my own eyes before it was set.

Diamondseeker: it's indeed starts to look like a rainbow by now :lol:. How is your thought process about a possible new setting for your AVR progressing?

Here are some more photo's David made for me. According to Jim Mc Cormick the stone will look bright and vivid in sunlight and medium and bright light, but darker when the light is low. Looking forward to see it with my own eyes. I love all shades of red.

_27919.jpg

_27920.jpg

_27921.jpg

_27922.jpg

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Acinom! I've never used David Klass before now you're making me think I should check him out! I have bought from Jim McCormick before and love what I've purchased. I just love the crossover design on this ring. These pics look amazing, I can't wait to see hand shots!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous, lush color, and the setting is perfect. Bet you cannot wait to get this lovely home and on your finger. Hand shots immediately! :appl:

edit: WOW!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet you can't wait for it to arrive!!! Waiting patiently for handpicks :naughty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jbkhere said:
Congratulations Acinom! I've never used David Klass before now you're making me think I should check him out! I have bought from Jim McCormick before and love what I've purchased. I just love the crossover design on this ring. These pics look amazing, I can't wait to see hand shots!!
jbkhere: thank you for your kind words! I can totally recommend working with David. He is such a professional and I admire his craftmanship. What stone(s) do you have from Jim? Please post some pics. I love that he gives so much additional information on request. I have learned a lot from him.

Jimmianne said:
What a gorgeous, lush color, and the setting is perfect. Bet you cannot wait to get this lovely home and on your finger. Hand shots immediately! :appl:
edit: WOW!
Jimmianne: based on all the pics I indeed love the warmth and strength of the color. I wish it was Tuesday already.

arkieb1 said:
I bet you can't wait for it to arrive!!! Waiting patiently for handpicks :naughty:
Arkieb: It hard to wait but I also enjoy the anticipation. Also, I am quite confident that I love it when I see it.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
It sure is fun watching you build your collection Acinom! :appl: Glad you enjoyed working with DK and looking forward to seeing the hand shots!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EvangelineG said:
It sure is fun watching you build your collection Acinom! :appl: Glad you enjoyed working with DK and looking forward to seeing the hand shots!

Thank you Evangeline!! I keep reminding myself that I should put myself on a true ban. Somehow it does not work :twisted:
I have really discovered gemstones via PS.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding the specs of the spess:
Color - medium dark toned vivid reddish orange. GIA Gemset rO 6/6 - Vivid saturation.
Clarity - eye clean.
Cut - oval portuguese
Dimensions - 11.70 x 8.70 x 6.70 mm
Weight - 6.06 ct
Treatments - none
Origin - Nigeria

Jim Mc Cormick said this about the color:
"A medium dark toned, vivid (GIA Gemset) reddish orange. It loves sunlight & other strong light. Even in medium strength incandescent it looks good. Sometimes it almost looks pure red. Sometimes reddish orange, but it always looks good. Ofcourse, dim lighting will make it look dark."

_27933.jpg

_27934.jpg

_27935.jpg

_27936.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Great job, Acinom!

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Is it Tuesday, yet? :mrgreen:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1426469662|3847823 said:
Great job, Acinom!

Thank you Pregcurious! This means a lot for me coming from you since you are such an experienced CSer :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PattyCo|1426512976|3847977 said:
Is it Tuesday, yet? :mrgreen:

Whahahaha! Unfortunately not. It's still Monday full swing here in Europe.

_27961.jpg

_27962.jpg

_27963.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow what a statement piece! Love the setting!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one giant of a ring! It looks gorgeous!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
part gypsy said:
Wow what a statement piece! Love the setting!
Aww, thank you part gypsy/b]!!

Arcadian said:
That is one giant of a ring! It looks gorgeous!
Thanks arcadian :wavey:

In a few hours time I will be on the train to Antwerp to collect my ring. Looking forward to see it in real life.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait for a hand shot. This ring is really like an art piece to me, but yet so wearable. The colors of it, from stone to metal are stunning. Safe travels to Antwerp! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results