shape
carat
color
clarity

5cttw SI2/I1 or 4cttw VS2/SI1 for Tennis Bracelet?

Which diamond spec for a bezel set tennis bracelet in white gold?

• 5cttw SI2/I1 (2.5mm approx.)

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • 4cttw VS2/SI1 (2mm approx.)

Votes: 22 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is for my celebration bling, and I have received the quote from the bench.

What would you choose for the diamond spec for a bezel set tennis bracelet in 14K White Gold?

The stones will be H/I in colour. The overall price of the bracelet with either specification will be the same.

The type of bezel setting is a thicker one that some vendors would describe as "bubbles" as it is more rounded.

Go big for the 5cttw or go with the 4cttw for better clarity?

Due to the small size of the stones, I am leaning on go big at the mo.

I have had 2 non-bezel set diamond tennis bracelets in the past, both purchased from eBay online auctions years ago (both sold), and the diamond grade was lower. They were sold as I did not like the settings and decided bezel-set is the only setting that I like.

Thanks for your help in advance.

DK :))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think for a bracelet, I’d be tempted to go bigger, because the clarity (IMO) would be less of an issue, but then I’m a size ho, so what do I know? :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think for a bracelet, I’d be tempted to go bigger, because the clarity (IMO) would be less of an issue, but then I’m a size ho, so what do I know? :lol:

That's my line of thinking too, in that the diamonds are small, therefore, clarity is less of an issue.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely bigger! You can carry it off no problem. :kiss2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My only concern with the bigger one is that at SI2/I, the stones could lack sparkle because of the size and inclusions of each stone. Do they have any pictures for you to see or are you just having to buy blind? If so, can you return or exchange if it didn’t have the sparkle factor you are looking for?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My only concern with the bigger one is that at SI2/I, the stones could lack sparkle because of the size and inclusions of each stone. Do they have any pictures for you to see or are you just having to buy blind? If so, can you return or exchange if it didn’t have the sparkle factor you are looking for?

I shall ask my usual contact to check the sparkle factor for the two different grades of stones, and if possible, some photos too.

I have met the young gentleman in question, and I trust him.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would want to know that there would be no big black inclusions or inclusions that affect the light return in the SI2/I1.

I picked up I1 1.5ctw hoop earrings for my SIL at Sams. I was really surprised to not see any dark inclusions in them at I1.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would want to know that there would be no big black inclusions or inclusions that affect the light return in the SI2/I1.

I picked up I1 1.5ctw hoop earrings for my SIL at Sams. I was really surprised to not see any dark inclusions in them at I1.

I believe I am fine with I1 so long as the stones do not look like frozen spits like some of the jewellery on offer on shopping channels. :eek-2:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I voted better quality. I did so because while SI2, even I1, could be perfectly fine, each stone would have to be hand selected to ensure that the bracelet will not be made of stones that are a cloudy mess. 4 cttw is not small and the bezels will make the stones appear larger. I would be inclined to go bigger as well but only if you know your vendor and it has been made clear what your expectations are.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo, neck and neck at the mo!

E-mail sent to my usual contact asking for photos etc...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My usual contact responded quickly, bless him, in that the two grades cannot be distinguished face up unaided, and the SI2/I1 stones will definitely not be cloudy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally wouldn't go lower than VS2-SI1 on any fine jewelry. But I would think you could find a ready made one for less money than custom, though, if clarity doesn't matter.

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 thanks for that.

The 3cttw is too small, and the 5cttw is more expensive than my custom one.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As long as the SI/I1 stones aren't cloudy and don't have big black inclusions then I would be totally fine with the lower clarity.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go 5ctw over 4ctw if the stones are sparkly - no one would ever notice any inclusions on stones that size on your wrist!

Diamond_Dog

Rough_Rock
Yes I'd go for the bigger one as well, as I don't think the size is big to notice the inclusions :=)2=)2=)2

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would do a 5 to 5.5ct with H/I SI stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results