shape
carat
color
clarity

Eiffel tower?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

avlis

Shiny_Rock
OK, um, first a good old hello everybody.

People who have been keeping tabs in Rocky Talky know that I am looking at E-rings. So initially my plan was to propose with sentimental words on the highest observation deck of the Eiffel Tower during our trip to Europe in the late spring of 2007. I spent 6 months in the Paris area a few years ago, and She has been there once, but She totally loved it. I thought it would be a good place. This was a month or two ago.

ok fast forward to today...

So now I started looking at stones (way too early, I think) I have found what I want to give. Initially it was a total secret, but unfortunately I had to ask a few questions of The Perfect One to make sure I was looking in the right direction and it is not so much of a surprise as I would have liked it to be.

Prior To this I was very insistant that we have dinner at Le Joules Verene restaraunt on the second deck of the Eiffel tower because I am a food freak... but now I am thinking She will interpret my insistance (correctly) as the place I want to propose to her.

I want Her to be surprised... not just waiting for me to propose to Her.

So my dilema is this... She now has a good idea it is comming at some point, and I highly supect She will think it is just prior to, or during out European trip this spring. So since I made sure She gets what She wants, how do I still surprise Her?

At this ponit I am sure She will be looking for it, maybe not expecting it, but looking for it at every major holiday and event until then... so are there lesser know special days I could sneak it in? Or should I just pick a random day and just do it? After all in the real world reality of things, when I propose it is just another day, but She remembers everything, so it would be nice if there was a special secondary significance of the day I did it.

I guess in a nutshell my need to make sure She is happy overrode my need to surprise Her. Now I want to claim that suprise element back.

Better to be the more perfect place, or more of a surprise? Any thoughts?

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I would pick the place that is the more perfect setting, but I don''t like surprises. At all. So if you KNOW she loves surprises, then maybe you should opt for that. If she doesn''t like them though, I would go with your Eiffel Tower idea.

*M*

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your upcoming engagement!
36.gif

I agree with what Poptart said. I hate surprises too. And I mean HATE them. Are you sure your ''Perfect One'' likes them? What''s MORE important? Probably having the words you say to ask her be heartfelt and full of love and having the circumstances (setting, state of relaxation between you two, privacy?) be just right.

However, if she knows you''re GOING to propose, waiting 6 months for you to do it might be really, really hard on her. Keep that in mind too when you make your decision!

A friend of mine had planned a big fancy proposal, but then one morning he was just sitting on the couch with his GF and she kissed his cheek and he said, spontaneously because he MEANT it: ''Nothing could make me happier than if you would promise to kiss me like that every day for the rest of our lives'' And then he went and got the ring and said ''Marry me?'' So simple, so natural, and totally surprising to him as well as her! Sometimes just letting the moment come naturally means it''s sweet, from the heart, and more surprising than any big plan. So maybe, if one of those moments comes, just take it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results