shape
carat
color
clarity

Formal Weekend Dress....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I need to find a formal dress for a weekend with a friend of mine. His frat house has a formal weekend and they go someplace each year to a different place. So I need to find a formal dress and I have no idea where to look. Its gatta be sexy but yet still classy...and leave a little to the imagination...lol...this is the first guy I have liked since the break-up and I wanna feel sexy and hot but not trashy either....any ideas??

I am usually about a size 9 or 10 and have a large bust.
emotion-5.gif
..so its hard to find dresses that fit well.
I have a booty too so that doesnt help....
emwink.gif

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
oh-fun! what will the weather be like where you are going, and what is your price range?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alexis, how fun! And good you are getting out.
36.gif

Every female should have a little black dress, they can go anywhere, and most can be dressed up or down. And almost every shop has at least one or two styles.

I''ll post a couple pics of what I''m thinking of...

Allurefront.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
One more, totally classic.

Class.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
So glad that you are getting out and having some fun Alexis! Kimberly you could be a personal shopper girl!!! I especially love that black beauty from Ann Taylor. Ellen is right every woman should have a classic black cocktail dress.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm... do you have an Arden B near you? They have some great dresses... definitely in the "sexy but still classy" category... example:

http://www.ardenb.com/shop/detail.asp?styleid=37059606&colorid=653&cat_id=4&sub_id=0
http://www.ardenb.com/shop/detail.asp?styleid=37114053&colorid=10&cat_id=4&sub_id=0
http://www.ardenb.com/shop/detail.asp?styleid=37179342&colorid=10&cat_id=4&sub_id=0
http://www.ardenb.com/shop/detail.asp?styleid=37059323&colorid=653&cat_id=4&sub_id=0

For anyone curvy (big bust and a booty), empire waists can be flattering because they draw the eye to the narrow part of your waist... but you have to make sure the top allows enough room for your girls!!
2.gif
Otherwise the seam can cut right across, which is not so flattering...
1.gif
But some of those Arden B styles could definitely work!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2006 8:58:57 PM
Author: Sundial
So glad that you are getting out and having some fun Alexis! Kimberly you could be a personal shopper girl!!! I especially love that black beauty from Ann Taylor. Ellen is right every woman should have a classic black cocktail dress.
Sundial, I have great taste for everyone but myself. I spent 40 minutes trying clothes on and ironing 3 outfits to go out to dinner last night and still was unhappy with what i had on when I walked out the door. I told my husband if we had a ton of disposable income I would hire someone to clean out my closet and take me shopping. It''s filled with a mish-mash of crap!

Sorry for the hijack, Alexis. I agree with Ellen and Sundial, if you don''t have a great black dress (one of the many things my closet is lacking!), this is a great chance to buy one and spice it up with metallic heels and a beautiful wrap.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I really like that dress from Nordies....

I really don''t have a budget. it isnt until May so I have time, but i am not a dressy girl although I will wear one if I have to wear one. I have great style when it comes to everyone else. Just not for myself...lol I also have nicelove handles....so some styles are just not flattering...lol

Keep the ideas coming...I love more ideas.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I like the teal dress with the black...

the one thing I am worried about is that I am really fair skinned...I am the whitest chick you will ever meet....lol

I dont wanna be washed up but i dont wanna be drowned out either......

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, I love that Ann Taylor dress in blue!
Its also available in non-petite sizes here

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results