shape
carat
color
clarity

Meet Chandler

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
FI and I have a new friend. Chandler is a kitty from the local animal shelter, and we brought him home on Monday. He''s been fabulous so far, such a sweetheart! I would take in another shelter animal in a heartbeat after this great experience with Chandler.
1.gif
Here are a few pictures of the handsome fellow:

DSC03456.jpg

Chandler is about a year and a half old and he was a stray before ending up at the shelter in June. He was fixed and is current on all shots. His cute black and white coat is a bit coarse along his back and sides - petting him is almost the same feel as petting a Jack Russell Terrier! He is very loving and exceptionally laid back. He is purring almost constantly!

DSC03429.jpg

Chandler likes to try and jump in the shower, silly boy. He is also developing a routine of revving up and sprinting around the apartment around 9:30 each evening like a loon. With the wood floors it sounds like a stampede! Because of his coloring and that behavior, his nickname is "Mad Cow".
9.gif

DSC03427.jpg

DSC03454.jpg

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Awww.....Chandler is so cute. I'd also rather adopt a pet from the humane society. There are so many great pets that need loving homes. Have fun with your new kitty.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best of luck with Chandler.
30.gif
He looks like such a sweetheart.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Oh congrats on your new baby!!! What a handsome guy!
1.gif
We got our guy Monkey (a cat) at the MSPCA also, and he''s just the lovingest love there is.

By the way, geeky question but ... how do you post all those photos in one message? I haven''t mastered that yet!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww Chandler is just precious. I''m so glad you adopted him!!! Great pics BTW!!!

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww....what a cutie! I know all about the sprinting around and creating a noise that rivals a buffalo stampede!!!
9.gif
Have no idea what is going through their head, but they act like the devil himself is chasing them!
3.gif
9.gif
Good luck with Chandler!
face23.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Awww, he''s just so cute!! Congratulations on being a new kitty mommy.
2.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Awwwwww, he is SO adorable!!!!!! And he looks just about the same size/age as our kitten (hehe although my fiance tells me we have to call her a cat now, but she''s still soooo babyish!!) And I love the little black dot on his nose - so cute!!! Have fun!!!
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a cutie pie! I love the nickname Mad Cow, with his coloring! I''m a big fan of getting shelter cats...they''re usually a little older, their personalities are established so you know what you''re getting, and you''re giving an animal some much needed love.
face23.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, he''s so cute. He looks like he has a playful personality too. I love the black ears and his white face, so cute.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
Awwwwwwwwwww, Chandler is too cute.
30.gif

Congrats on your new baby. I am glad it''s going well!
35.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Awwwww, what a sweetie! He looks very playful. Enjoy!

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
wow!!how cute Chandler is.
I love her black dot on the nose. so cute
30.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
he''s adorable! I love his matching bed!!! :) Our dogs are from the humane society and are wonderful.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, thanks for all the comments on Chandler. He''s doing great so far, other than one little incident we had this past week. I came home from teaching to find that he had eaten my three lucky bamboo stalks on the dining room table. Those were my only house plants!
38.gif
We will up the foliage portion of his diet to curb future munchie attacks.
2.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
OMG what an adorable kitty cat!
Is he young? He looks like a teenager :)

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
He looks and sounds like such a cutie pie!!! I love his coloring and LOL at his nickname. Actually, I''m REALLY loving that nickname.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Cuuuuuuutie pie!!! He looks like a sweetheart! Congratulations on the new addition to your family!!
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an adorable fur baby! And that shot with the bed is SO cute!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
The cat bed with the cow print was a gift to Chandler from the ladies at the shelter. It was his bed and they wanted him to have it to take to his new home. We put it on our loveseat since he likes to sit on it anyway, and he is nearly invisible on it. I''ve sent some of these pictures to the shelter for all of his old friends to see how well he is doing. They really liked him there and were both happy and sad to see him go.

Look at what Mad Cow was doing today... having a peek at the local wildlife.

DSC03428.jpg

He''s so silly. He has actually found toys in the apartment last week and has been playing with them. FI and I did not purchase them, and no one has sent Chandler any presents, and I know that the kitty doesn''t know how to eBay, so I have no idea where these little toys came from. My best guess is that they were shoved up inside the baseboard heaters and he fished them out?
33.gif
One toy was pretty gross-looking so I pitched it, but I kept the other two and he plays with them as well as the other junk we bought him. Of course, just to spite us after agonizing over which toys at PetSmart had the most Mad Cow appeal, his favorite toy is an old shoelace that FI gave him.
28.gif

He really loves his new daddy. They sit and cuddle together every night. FI has never had a pet cat before so this is all very new to him, but he''s learning the ins and outs of kitty behavior quickly.

Chandler011.jpg

DSC03442.jpg

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Awwwww....I love how comfy Mad Cow looks with your FI holding him!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
First off, major props to you for adopting an adult kitty! I wish that there were more people out there like you, willing give an adult shelter cat a chance at a loving home!
1.gif

Chandler is SUCH a cutie (I love his nickname, btw), and he looks so happy! I love the pics of him with your FI!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results