shape
carat
color
clarity

Cruise Vacation, how to propose

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rainman

Rough_Rock
First of all I''d like to know if anyone has had to bring their E-Ring through an airport without there lady finding out about it. i''m nervous about that because I dont trust keeping it luggage but I''m afraid i''ll have to take it out if I have it one me when going through screening.

Second I''m looking for idea''s for a proposal on a cruise ship. I''m going on a vacation to the caribbean on a cruise ship this sunday and want to propose during the vacation, but I''m clueless on ideas.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Are you thinking about a private or public proposal on the cruise?

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
If my ring on my hand doesn''t set off the alarm than I don''t see why a ring in your pocket would. Except I''d check the box it''s in, the hinges or other metal structure might be a problem.

How about asking her while walking hand in hand on the beach? Just stop and go down on one knee while keeping hold of her hand. That''d be super romantic. It''d work at night under the stars while walking on the deck of the ship.
5.gif

Rainman

Rough_Rock
I''m leaning toward public, but a private one is not out of the question

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
What cruise line are you going on?

Here''s a couple of ideas:

If you go on one that has a rock wall -- have her climb up it and when she gets to the top have a big
"will you marry me sign" as you stand below -- or if you are really sneaky arrange to have the ring tied to the bell (probably with a little note on it for your gal to notice it -- "NAME - open me!!") at the top of the wall - of course that would take some planning with the rock wall guys

There are tons of contests on the pool deck - you could always speak to the entertainment crew and let them know what you want to do and they could have you participate in the contest with you proposing at the end? Or you could get your girlfriend to compete in on of the competitions (sometimes as easy as a horse shoe type game) and have the entertainment guy give her the "prize certificate" which could actually be the ring secured in to an envelope?

You could talk to your waiter and arrange some sort of public stunt in the dining room (they will do almost anything you ask at dinner!) They used to dance around with flaming pies on their heads but I think they aren''t allowed to do that anymore - but I''m sure they could arrange something - they do a bunch of performances during dinner and I''m sure they could squeeze something in for you guys too. There are also usually the extra dining rooms- where you have to pay a fee to eat - but they are SUPER nice. Best food ever and easily worth the 10-20 extra bucks - I''m sure they would be able to set a whole thing up for you there as well - since you have to reserve a time to go.

Walking on the beach is always a good suggestion -- or even on the deck. Amazingly on all of the cruises I have been on finding a little chunk of the deck looking out at the water all by yourself hasn''t been a problem! And it is gorgeous at night with all the stars -- or at sunset (although it is usually a bit more crowded then)

If you wanted private you could always have your room steward decorate your room and have champagne and flowers there and you could propose like that?

Really it depends on what you think your gal would like and what you are comfortable doing. A cruise will give you tons of opportunities.

albertsuh

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/18/2006 7:53:59 PM
Author:Rainman
First of all I''d like to know if anyone has had to bring their E-Ring through an airport without there lady finding out about it. i''m nervous about that because I dont trust keeping it luggage but I''m afraid i''ll have to take it out if I have it one me when going through screening.

Second I''m looking for idea''s for a proposal on a cruise ship. I''m going on a vacation to the caribbean on a cruise ship this sunday and want to propose during the vacation, but I''m clueless on ideas.
I would do this. Before going into security ask your gf to go ahead of you b/c you need to go back and use the restroom or something. then you can take out the ring through the security check point and meet her at the gate. might work....

Rainman

Rough_Rock
We''re going on Royal caribbean on the new Freedom of the seas ship. Thanks for the suggestions Cailet I think thats my problems is there are so many different options.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
I proposed while taking my gal on a RC Cruise. I put the ring in a plastic film canster with a tissue in it. Empty box was in luggage.

When I went through security they have you put any pocket change, keys, misc stuff, etc. into the little bowl to run through the xray detector. When I emptied my pockets with a bunch of stuff - the little canister was in there - and since I was ahead of her - she did not see what was in the bowl. You could use a little Motrin bottle too - as most people don't use real film anymore.
I proposed off the ship at the top of Paradise Point in St. Thomas. It was very nice.

dmbfan

Shiny_Rock
Motrin bottle, Mint box, your wallet, wear a hat and tape it to the rim on the inside. safety pin it to the inside pocket of a jacket.

I would do this. Take a trip to the airport during a time that they may not be busy. Ask them if could put the ring through the metal detector or if you can walk through it with the ring in your pocket. If you find out it doesnt set off the alarm, than you can just keep it with you.

doppelganger

Rough_Rock
my friend did this. my advice to him was to get insurance on the bugger. imagine a freak wave knocking the boat causing the ring to fall out of your hand as it is going onto her finger and rolling away and off the ship... or the ring box falls when it''s open and the ring popps out and rolls away never to be found... or more realistically, you get it stolen when its off your body but before you propose... unless you have it on you 24-7 until you propose, its a possibility. not only would proposal w/ ring be shot, but you lose the $$$$ too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results