shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo or not?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there, like most new PSer.. I have been looking at PS for the longest time.. It is only recently that I managed to pull myself to join PS.. I ''ve got engaged in April and I already changed my setting to a halo, but some of my friends think that the halo makes my ring look more like a costume jewellery.. And I know I find myself asking if my ring really looks like a costume jewellery or not?
39.gif
39.gif

These are the stats:
GIA
RB,
1.28 carat,
F color,
VS1
6.88 - 6.90 x 4.30mm,
F color,
Polish & Symmetry: EX EX
Fluoresence: Medium Blue
Ring Size: 4.25

DSCF0635a.JPG

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
another one

DSCF0652a.JPG

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Side profile

DSCF0651a.JPG

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have fresh flowers with me so I just have to use my bed covers..
41.gif

DSCF0652ad.JPG

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
This is a shot on glass thingy.. with something like a flower inside..

DSCF0660a.JPG

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Another shot

DSCF0685a.JPG

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
No, it doesn''t look like costume jewelry!!!! It''s very, very pretty.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Hand shot... sorry for my horrible nails... Arrghh..

DSCF0503a.JPG

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Hand shot without nails.. This is my fave shot.. I love how I can see a hint of blue in the diamond..
37.gif

DSCF0480a.JPG

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
threepwood, I think it looks fab! I love the side profile..it looks great.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Why thank u lizz, you are probaby the 2nd person who told me that other than my FI..
39.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Costume jewelry??? Uh, no way. It''s gorgeous!!

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
This is a pic b4 the setting.. Let me know which one looks better..

DSCF0430a.JPG

nortia

Rough_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous! The halo looks amazing, not like costume jewelry!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Well, I love both of your settings, but the halo DOES NOT look like costume jewelry! It is beautiful. Enjoy it!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that setting looks drop dead GORGEOUS with your stone. Not costumey at all!!!!
30.gif

conitta

Shiny_Rock
I vote for the halo hands down. Sometimes friends might be a bit envious and might not be completely honest with you.
Anyone that knows jewelry wouldn''t think it was costume because of the halo ...... makes it HEAVENLY!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I love it!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It in no way looks costumey. Either your friends aren''t used to seeing real bling, or they are jealous.

Either way, just feel sorry for them.
9.gif
2.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is amazing just the way it is, don''t change a thing. There is always someone who isn''t going to like your ring, but for every person who doesn''t like the halo, there are probably five that looooove it!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s truly stunning. I LOVE it.
30.gif
30.gif
Nice pics BTW, and welcome to PS
35.gif

sebcannon

Rough_Rock
I personally prefer it w/ the halo! It looks absolutely stunning w/ the halo! Good choice!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
I am sorry that your friends' comments are making you question your decision to halo. I am sure you realise that everyone who has replied to your post absolutely love your ring. It looks gorgeous certainly not over the top. You are so lucky to have such pretty hands- your ring looks lovely.
1.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Just popped in to agree with everyone else...it''s absolutely lovely! I think it''s gorgeous and looks particularly delicate on your pretty hand.

Costume-y???? Nonsense!

BTW...welcome to PS!
1.gif

widget

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I'm loving the pics!!! I like your ring better with the halo...it dresses up the center stone, and I think it looks perfect!!! I don't think it looks like costume jewelry at all...I would love to see some more pics!!!
30.gif
30.gif
ETA: Any details about your setting?? I love it!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure where you live ... but perhaps your neighbors/parents/friends et all are a widdle bit behind the times
3.gif
. Guess they''re not reading bridal magazines or fashion magazines for THAT matter ....

YOUR BLING IS GORGEOUS!!!!

Don''t doubt your decision for one more minute! The ring was very pretty before but a STUNNER now.

I really think you''re just more in tune with fashion than your peers ... or your taste is more in line with current fashion. Besides - if you change your mind eventually, switch back.

Can''t imagine you''re gonna want to .. especially when you get used to that finger spread!
2.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Who did the setting?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Costume jewelry??? No way!!! Love it just as it is.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the halo. The profile is just beautiful!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you''re probably asking the wrong crowd b/c we all love and appreciate diamonds and halo''s. I was just at a school event tonight and one of the mom''s had a round in a gorgeous antique like halo settings and I was mezmorized. I wanted to ask her about it and get a closer look but there were so many people around I didn''t feel comfortable. But the next time I see her with it on, I''m so asking. Your ring is gorgeous and I wouldn''t change a thing.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2006 11:16:58 PM
Author: mrssalvo
you''re probably asking the wrong crowd b/c we all love and appreciate diamonds and halo''s. I was just at a school event tonight and one of the mom''s had a round in a gorgeous antique like halo settings and I was mezmorized. I wanted to ask her about it and get a closer look but there were so many people around I didn''t feel comfortable. But the next time I see her with it on, I''m so asking. Your ring is gorgeous and I wouldn''t change a thing.
Yup....we all do, and I will say I love your ring.

People in my life think the halo is overkill. I guess I am more used to it because I love the halos I see here. My FI''s exactly words to the ring I showed him (not yours) when we were looking was "ew, that''s disgusting." So I went with the simpler setting.

Am I happy I did? You bet. I''m a flip flop wearin'', backpackin'' kinda gal. A glittery halo would just look weird on me and make me feel self conscious. But rest assured, your ring is gorgeous and if you are comfortable with it, don''t change it for anyone! The reason why people may think it''s like costume jewelry may be because often times costume jewelry is designed like "dream" jewelry...things most can''t afford or imagine. Just be happy you have a ring most dream of!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results