shape
carat
color
clarity

TravelingGuy''s Tungsten Pride Wedding Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thought I'd share my FI's wedding band which arrived yesterday! There have been a lot of folks looking at Tungsten, so hope this helps...

We looked at SO many options, both B&M and online. Artcarved, Trew Tungsten, Boone Rings etc etc. There aren't too many original designs in Tungsten out there, and after awhile, they all started to look the same. Then we found www.tungstenpride.com .

Their stuff is all customizable, so you like the design on one band, but the shape of another, you can do that. We were going to design something, but decided on what they already had, and we are happy with it. The turnaround time does take three weeks, but they were EXTREMELY prompt about timing. They also provide free shipping via USPS priority mail and have excellent service (you easily talk to a human being when you call...and it seems to be the same gal who works out of MN.)

Just a note for those who are looking at Tungsten...it is darker than what you see photographed on their site. The "black ice" is actually quite black from what I have heard, not grey. You can see from the stock photo of my FI's ring that the IRL it is much more of a gunmetal gray. Ring price was $399

Anyway, thought I'd post my experience with them, and that we are VERY happy with the ring. They do quarter sizes too!!

ETA: We ordered 7mm, although I think the stock may be 8mm. You can order whatever thickness you want.

Stock photo....

2050510-041a.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_1547.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_1546.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last one! (Sorry about the blah office lighting, but I did these quickly in my office this morning.)

IMG_1545.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Wow! REally nice, I love the design, I''m a fan of the sleek modern look. Thanks for sharing.
a

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is such a cool ring TG. I love it!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sweet TG i love it!!! i have always thought men are so sexy with wide flat wedding rings on!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! He wanted something modern, but something that still felt like a wedding ring . That''s why we choice the lowered edges, as we know there are some traditional bands that have that design. They had entirely flat bands, but that felt too trendy to him, I think. Either way, we are happy with it, and love the scalloping on the ring, as that adds a bit of oomph.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love that ring! (Wish my husband would consider something cool like that... )

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Great choice - I really like the way that looks!!!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I love the ring. It looks like a "man''s" wedding band to me.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Well I love flat bands on guys, so obviously, I love your choice!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I love it! That''s exactly the kind of ring my DH would love....hmmm....

Thanks so much for sharing TG!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool!!! Has he tried it on yet?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2006 3:55:02 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Very cool!!! Has he tried it on yet?
Yes...but...

1.) He didn''t want me to see it on his hand until the wedding day, and
2.) He was terrified that I would grab his hand, snap a quick photo and post his handshot on Pricescope.
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2006 2:45:51 PM
Author: onedrop
I love the ring. It looks like a ''man''s'' wedding band to me.
It does...but then I thought maybe I''d order this one as a "backup" band in a 5mm? I thought it would be fun to have a matching band, and I would love to wear something I don''t have to worry about when we go on trips abroad. Supposedly this material is very scratch resistant, which we all know platinum is not.
15.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo, I really like that band too...

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Very nice choice

DaniGirl

Rough_Rock
That is lovely ring! My boyfriend and I were checking out men''s rings in a local b&m the other day just for fun. I love the idea of Tungsten, while he was loving the white gold/platinum with diamonds look. I said "great, you''re gonna make me spend some money" -hehehe. Well, I guess he''s entitled to some bling too, look what they have to spend on us!

I will check out the site and try to find some nice ones to show him. Thanks for sharing!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that engraved part in the middle. Really nice!

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I really like that wedding band!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice.

The color -- from your photos looks a bit like plat with a patina. Is that right?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2006 5:23:46 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Very nice.

The color -- from your photos looks a bit like plat with a patina. Is that right?
Actually, it''s even darker than that. It doesn''t have any of the white that platinum has...even with patina.

Dani, your man certainly is entitled to some bling, but definitely encourage him to keep an open mind. I don''t know how tungsten wears firsthand, since we just got it, but it seems like a good choice for many men who aren''t as careful as some of us gals are with their rings. Plus it really is cost effective, and has a nice heft that makes it feel more valuable than it is.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool. My husband has been wanting a tungsten wedding band. We''ll have to check that site out.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
This ring looks like it was very well made and of good quality, thanks for sharing. I''m looking for something like this for my fi too.

CT026

Rough_Rock
That''s a very elegant wedding band, I love it-- what a great choice!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results