shape
carat
color
clarity

pink AND green wedding colours?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
Ok, all along I was planning on having a pink themed wedding. But, pink is a bit overdone, although still great! So I still want to have pink on my dress - this is my dress - I ordered it in all white but planned to have the ribbon replaced or dyed pink so it looks like the picture:
J130.jpg
J130.jpg

And I was originally going to have pink bridesmaid''s dresses, but suddenly, after seeing some cool green invitations here I decided I really wanted green, especially since every wedding I have been to in the past few years has had pink. David''s bridal just pictured these dresses for their fall colors:
mainimage_04.jpg

I like these because they are kind of similar in style to my dress, and still light enough to be summer colours, since it''s a July wedding. I''m not committed to these dresses, but I like a light green, but not pastel. I''m just a little worried about how it will look with my pink ribbon. Of course, most of the pictures will be from the front, where no one will see the pink. But will it look too weird from the back while I am at the altar?

I plan to tie the two colours together in the flowers - here''s a bouquet that kind of shows what I was thinking of. If all of us carry ones with this colour pattern, I think it will all tie together, but I don''t want it to look like I don''t match my girls!
gardenparty.jpg

So what do you think? Could it work? I just decided, as of today, that I want green, so I haven''t even really looked at bm dresses yet - I imagine there may even be a green one with pink accents or something that may work even better. But opinions, please!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock

I LOVE pink and green for a summer wedding- so pretty! It is a relatively new color combo I think, but the 2 colors really complement eachother well, imo. Why not do something like in the pic I posted- have the girls carry a white bouquet, and you carry a pink one, or vice-versa?

greens.jpg

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I think the combination is beautiful,
I love that shade of green...and the 2 together will be wonderful for a summer wedding

btw, your dress is gorgeous!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Love it!! let me see if i can dig up some pics. i know i have some...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i know this may not be the color green you are interested in, but i still love this look.

BM peoniesSIZES.jpeg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i really LOVE this!!

BM_peoniesSIZES3.jpeg

appletini

Ideal_Rock
My wedding colors were green with pink/fushia accents (since it was his wedding too). I love the green DB dresses...those are so pretty. I think the pinks and greens compliment each other very well, and you can easily pull it together with flowers and accessories.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the idea of a pink and green combo. For one they are my sorority colors. And two my Mom used this same combination at her wedding over 40 years ago. Everytime I look at the photos, I always think of how great that color combination is. SO apparently there is a timeless quality to this pairing. I think it will be beautiful!!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Not only does it work, it''s very popular (and a little trendy) these days so I''m sure you''ll find tons of ideas. I think there''s a knot bio called Pinkandgreen or something like that with tons of pictures. Someone posted it here once.

The colors work beautifully together and the combo pops up more often than you''d expect.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
There''s something so fresh and crisp about this combination, especially because you are looking at a nice "warm" shade of green (I think if you go with something too "minty" it''ll be way too Izod-at-the Country-Club -- but that is my opinion...I love the shades you''re looking at.)

And I think the idea of the BMs carrying white bouquets and you carrying a pink one is awesome!

Just my 2 cents..,

Have fun!
Jackie

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/14/2006 7:43:51 AM
Author: jcrow
i really LOVE this!!
jcrow - do you happen to know what brand of dresses those are? I kind of like that colour. I have yet to look at any green dress in person, so I still have to work it all out.

Thanks for the input, everyone... keep it coming!
emteeth.gif
I'm going to run some of these pics past one of my bms today and see what she thinks. (thank goodness for wireless internet in the classroom... that's where I get all my planning done! hehe). I asked my fiancee, who is in the design field, and he can't really see it, but then again he knows more about what looks good on a computer screen than on women
emotion-5.gif

I may see if I can find a halter dress that is tea length that is green with pink accents... that would be the perfect combo, if done well. Still flirty and fun, but still sort of matching my style, and then I won't be the only one with pink.

Ooh, and I found a picture of this cake: Imagine something similar, but with pink orchids! I'm very excited about this green thing now!

large_image.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i found the pics on a knot bio. she may have mentioned the brand. not sure. i''ll look into it.
9.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the pink and green wedding bio with lots of flower, cake, paper, etc... pictures.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
looks like they are all different styles of vera wang dresses in the same color.

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
Oooh, lots of great links! Thanks all!

Ahhh, Vera Wang. Alas, not an option. But one of the links had a bill levkoff dress that was green with a pink sash... I could always add one of those!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
OC, you should head to http://www.jimhjelmoccasions.com/teas/index.html for the "just teas" dress collection- I''m sure there are at least a few of the BM dresses for you! Also, I like this, pink and green maybe?

haltersashw&w.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Stupid pic didn''t post: http://www.watters.com/product.php?coll=watters&showid=310

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it''s odd, I love the color combo. I''d have the girls carry pink flowers...I say go for it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s what I''m doing! Or close.
Green and white are my colors. White and green centerpiece flowers, BM dress is going to be green (honeydew green), her flowers will be green and white...Groomsman will be wearing green and white accents. BUT my bouquet will have light pink green and white, the groom''s bout will be pink and the ribbons around the centerpieces will be light pink. Invites will be white light pink and green. I think it looks great if you use it as an accent. With you, and your pink bow on your gown-- I would put pink in the BM bouquets, but maybe keep the groomsmen''s bout''s green. Then the groom can have pink bout.

As for your bouquet looking different girls. I don''t have the pics here. But if you use one MAIN flower in your bouquet in Pink (like light pink peony''s or english garden roses or pink orchids) and do green and white accents. Then reverse that with your girls... mainly green and white but with pink accent flowers (pink accents in a different flower than your pinks... like pink orchids if you don''t have pink orchids in yours, or pink roses if your roses aren''t pink.. etc). I have pic that wold show you what I mean though.

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
Hmm, Gypsy, I hadn''t even thought about boutonnieres yet! Good idea! I haven''t really decided too much about the flowers, but I''ll think about reversing it a bit. So much to play with! I love green orchids, and there are so many possibilities with those colors. This should be fun.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Pink and green is actually very trendy right now. It''ll look great.

Your dress is gorgeous. I think the pink ribbon would be cute.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I like hte pink accent ribbon, very stylish.

I did pink w/green accents in all our flowers. I will try to dig up pics later, but I think it turned out nice.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Pink and green were MY wedding colors!! :) It was a summer wedding, too (June) and I think the pink and green were perfect! My BM dresses were green, invitations were green and cream, and we used lots of pink and green for the flowers and ceremony and reception stuff. I''ll show you a few pics...lemme go resize them then I''ll post!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
So here''s some of our (DIY) cute, simple table flowers...

Professional Wedding Pictures 005.jpg

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Caladiums (sp?) are great for a pink and green wedding...

Professional Wedding Pictures 010.jpg

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Our cake (my mom put the flowers on it!)

Professional Wedding Pictures 012.jpg

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Our favors (big sugar cookies with our initials on them)

Professional Wedding Pictures 014.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results