shape
carat
color
clarity

Which part shows wear first?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which part of your rings would you say shows wear first, is it the prongs or the shank at the back of your hand? I know they all show scratches but which will show wear as in wearing down of the gold first?

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
prongs- i have worn out three gold heads in 12 years. now i have a platinum head.

i sew and work with fabric, which wears them out quickly.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
The rings that I have had over the years have all worn out on the bands first. I had to have some gold added to one because it got so thin and snapped.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shank on the backside of the ring. I''ve never had one worn thin...they just show the scratches and digs first.

conitta

Shiny_Rock
I think I would have to say the shank.I have so many rings and change up so I don''t see that much wear on any one ring.

Connie

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Shanks. I''ve lost count of how many times I''ve bent or broken a shank because I picked up some 30# to 50# object and forgot to keep the rings out of the way.

Next would be prongs. I no longer wear 4-prong. It has to be 6 or 8 or illusion head which gives the diamond a "roll cage." My defenseless rings need all the hekp they can get, LOL.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I see more thin shanks. Worn prongs are more common on rings that are decades old...but it all depends how

the quality of both the shank and prongs were at the time of purchase. Some rings start out thin in both areas.

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results