shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal Idea... Please advice ??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vbpierre

Rough_Rock
Hello ,
I am planning to propose next week end to my gf.
We had arranged for a week end in the mountains , in kind of bungalow..It is a resort that rents
small appartments...
My idea would be to have our bed covered with red roses...and to hide the ring in an ice cube that will be apparent to her
just when the ice cube in her glass would melt or so...
My idea of proposal is to have small little things all that night..small surprises... and at the end ,
I will simply ask her.
any ideas ? please help.
one other dilemna I have. is the ring size.. I have no clue about this... any easy way to know ?
thanks,

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when she''s trying to melt the ice cube in a hurry by putting it under running water, make sure to plug the sink.

doppler

Rough_Rock
maybe try to not make the ice cube too big, or place the ring shallower in the ice cube so it doesn''t take too long to melt and get on her finger... interesting idea dude!

some ideas for ring size- could you steal one of her rings and try to fit it on one of your fingers and then go to a jeweler and size your finger. or get hold of a ring and trace the inside outline of the ring on a paper and take that paper to a jeweler who can measure the size of it... of course do all this covertly though.

and don''t wait till the last minute to get the ring, dude. one week is a pretty short time frame to get a ring IMO (expecially if it needs to get sized). And to be sure you cover all bases, be sure the jeweler you go to has a kick ass return policy. 100% refund preferably.

my $0.02

JT

Rough_Rock
I like that idea. Very creative! Maybe you could have a cup of hot water on hand to drop the cube in and a towel to dry her hand off with?

It took me about 4 days after I picked the diamond and setting to have the ring and the jeweler worked fast. All in all It took about 3 weeks......so good luck.

For ring size, I got went something that I knew would fit. We''re going to go back the jeweler and have them do the quarter size once I give it her. Blue Nile sends free ring sizers, but it''s hard to use them without her knowing.

Everything sounds great, good luck.

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
Does she wear any rings currently? If so, borrow one of those and trace the inside on paper. That should give you a good estimate.

If not, go big rather than small. She can always wear it on another finger until it can be sized if it''s big (within reason), but if it''s small then she can''t wear it all.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
haha this is going to sound funny but is she a deep sleeper? I got my hubby a ring one time as a surprise and I went online and looked for ring sizers. There was one site where you could print out this little ruler looking thing. The idea is to wrap it around your finger and it will tell you the size. So I printed it out and cut out the little ruler and totally used it on him in his sleep hahahaha. It was kind of hard, and honestly taking one of her current rings is probably much easier.

Does she have small fingers? You could say something joking around about her tiny fingers and say something like "What are they like a size 4!?!" and she might respond with "No they are...." Now of course if she doesn''t have tiny fingers you don''t want to reverse this. I would of cried if my hubby would of said "Whats up with your big grubby man hands?" (Even though they are.....)

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
roses = thorns - owww. bleeding fingers, huge mess. suggest different flowers? pretty pink carnations? in a vase on the table?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results