shape
carat
color
clarity

How to take Photos?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kirsten930

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to photograph Alexandrite to get the best color change? I''''ve taken a picture inside and it looks purple- took it outside and it turned teal but the photograph made it look purple again. I would appreciate any input. Thanks!

gemmy1

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/29/2006 11:43:51 PM
Author:kirsten930
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to photograph Alexandrite to get the best color change? I''ve taken a picture inside and it looks purple- took it outside and it turned teal but the photograph made it look purple again. I would appreciate any input. Thanks!
Photographing gemstones is a challenge. Capturing the color change in alex adds another level of difficulty. Try shooting both shots indoors using as your lightsource for the incandescent a regular light bulb, and for your flourescent a small daylight equivalent tube lamp. Be sure you isolate the lights- that is, turn off all other lights in the room for the shot and do not use the camera''s flash.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results