shape
carat
color
clarity

photo shoot props!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay... I''m going to be doing my first stone photo shoot in the next few days and I was wondering what sorts of things are good to have on hand?? I''ve seen diamonds on ice and in chili flakes and on toys and on glossy surfaces etc... and of course *flowers* :) but what are some other ideas? What props should I have on hand?

Ugh, my camera was stolen last year ON my birthday and the camera I bought as a quick replacement sucks... I mean it''s a 6mp or something but it just doesn''t do well... I hope I can get it to work! And I checked the weather and there are a couple cloudy days and then it gets sunny again, yay!!

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
Some other props.. bed of salt, cd''s..

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Ooo! A photo shoot, how fun
36.gif
Flowers are a must, find a few different flowers. I really like small ones that would compliment my diamond, unless you have a HUGE diamond I guess
31.gif
. Also leaves and other plant type stuff make great props for supporting and showing off the stone.

Your hand is a perfect prop! It might not make the prettiest picture without being set first, but it sure is fun to see it resting on your hand!

Hmmm, maybe some textured background (silk, linen, leather, burlap??, chenile?) That might look cool. Or sitting in a bunch of beads. Or on a pretty shell? Kind of like a pearl in an oyster, but it''s a diamond in an oyster! Or sitting in some lavender... I dunno, I''ve got tons of ideas! Can''t wait to see your pics Cehra!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 8:22:31 PM
Author: sunkist
Ooo! A photo shoot, how fun
36.gif
Flowers are a must, find a few different flowers. I really like small ones that would compliment my diamond, unless you have a HUGE diamond I guess
31.gif
. Also leaves and other plant type stuff make great props for supporting and showing off the stone.

Your hand is a perfect prop! It might not make the prettiest picture without being set first, but it sure is fun to see it resting on your hand!

Hmmm, maybe some textured background (silk, linen, leather, burlap??, chenile?) That might look cool. Or sitting in a bunch of beads. Or on a pretty shell? Kind of like a pearl in an oyster, but it''s a diamond in an oyster! Or sitting in some lavender... I dunno, I''ve got tons of ideas! Can''t wait to see your pics Cehra!
awwww :) thank you sunkist for giving me so many ideas!! I''d given up on this thread and didn''t see this until now lol!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I also bet silk or beads would be really pretty! Or maybe even feathers! One of our fellow PSers made a cute photo with raspberries.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/29/2006 5:51:28 PM
Author:Cehrabehra
Okay... I''m going to be doing my first stone photo shoot in the next few days and I was wondering what sorts of things are good to have on hand?? I''ve seen diamonds on ice and in chili flakes and on toys and on glossy surfaces etc... and of course *flowers* :) but what are some other ideas? What props should I have on hand?

Ugh, my camera was stolen last year ON my birthday and the camera I bought as a quick replacement sucks... I mean it''s a 6mp or something but it just doesn''t do well... I hope I can get it to work! And I checked the weather and there are a couple cloudy days and then it gets sunny again, yay!!
Yes, needs creativity, "Water".

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2006 5:10:37 PM
Author: DiaGem

Date: 8/29/2006 5:51:28 PM
Author:Cehrabehra

Yes, needs creativity, ''Water''.
ooooh... well I dunno if anyone can handle more pics of this rock, but I''d like to try water!! Good idea DG!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results