shape
carat
color
clarity

50 or 70 pointer east west emerald cut eternity band, need help!

dwj6211

Shiny_Rock
Hi there! I’m in the process of finalizing a new eternity band. I am a man, I currently wear a classic round eternity band with 33 pointers, but have always loved the look of the east west emerald cut, so I’m taking the plunge.

Anyone have any larger (50 pointer plus) east to west emerald cut eternity bands they care to show on hand for some size comparison? Or anyone else feel free to chime in as well!

Stock photo for inspiration of what I’m going for! CA46E591-E7FD-4D36-AF63-91CD13633D32.jpeg

Attachments

• DA669263-411A-4F89-A48C-E684AA794D70.jpeg
    DA669263-411A-4F89-A48C-E684AA794D70.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 5

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,
That is a beautiful inspiration! Sorry, but I don't have one, but maybe one day....

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I ask what size finger you have? Do you like the width of your .33 band? .33 stones are about 4.4mm wide. You would need to go with the .7 stones to get close to that width. Of course, emerald cuts vary in WxH but the ones I* looked at (.7s) had a width
of about 4.1mm. The .5 stones had a width closer to 3.7mm.

Just something to think about.

Also, this tool may help give you a visual (its better than nothing). Bump the finger size up to your size and bump the
ring width to at least 3mm.

Hopefully, someone will come along with some pics soon!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I think if you go on the "Show me the Bling" thread and search, you might be able to find some. Just keep the search general, like eternity band.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Can I ask what size finger you have? Do you like the width of your .33 band? .33 stones are about 4.4mm wide. You would need to go with the .7 stones to get close to that width. Of course, emerald cuts vary in WxH but the ones I* looked at (.7s) had a width
of about 4.1mm. The .5 stones had a width closer to 3.7mm.

Just something to think about.

Also, this tool may help give you a visual (its better than nothing). Bump the finger size up to your size and bump the
ring width to at least 3mm.

Hopefully, someone will come along with some pics soon!

I'll add - just looking at width of the ring, you can try on plain bands and determine the width you like, then go from there to decide the diamond size to use.

dwj6211

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the quick replies! My finger is 8.5. That’s actually super helpful about the compare to the width of my current band. I’d probably be disappointed if it were thinner!

I tried searching show me the bling…. Soooo much to sort through lol. I’ll continue looking though!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked for you but the ones I found on the bigger side were not E/W so not so helpful!

dwj6211

Shiny_Rock
I looked for you but the ones I found on the bigger side were not E/W so not so helpful!

Yeah I’ve been browsing all day not too much there to compare.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I adore this look too! I've tried on a few 5 stone East/West EC bands made by JB Star. I don't have images of them on my hand I don't think (but I'll look through my pics when I have a moment just in case.) I like the JB Star settings because they are substantial in all the right ways, they have heft but are not clunky.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I found two videos of me trying on a band! I don't remember the exact size of the ECs, but they felt substantial. My ring size is 4.75, and I remember the ring fitting rather well, so it was probably a 5.

(not my voice in the video! the SA was annoying LOL)

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Just looking online for examples, mostly for setting ideas

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Kwiat.

cheers--Sharon

dwj6211

Shiny_Rock
I found two videos of me trying on a band! I don't remember the exact size of the ECs, but they felt substantial. My ring size is 4.75, and I remember the ring fitting rather well, so it was probably a 5.

(not my voice in the video! the SA was annoying LOL)

Yesssss! That first one! Do you remember the total carat weight? That would tell us the size of each lol

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Both videos show the same ring, just from different angles.

I found a ring that looks like it for sale on the local jewelry store's website. I don't know if its the exact same ring I tried on, or a similar one. Looks like the diamonds are 0.76-ish each. Ring listed as size 6. Remember, its all about scale, so when the ring size is scaled up, the diamonds will appear smaller.

Here's the listing, and I KNOW a similar ring can be made at a much lower price point still using quality materials, so don't let the price scare you too much:

Last edited:

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. That looks like a massive eternity. Maybe once you come to a decision you could ask for a wax cast so you can see the size.

Victor Canera

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I've found that a really easy way to give clients an idea of the proportions of a band is with a PDF diagram. We enter in the size of the diamonds into an illustration program and give it to a client. They can then print out the illustration, cut it out with scissors and wrap it around their finger to get a 1:1 representation of the size of the diamonds.
Good luck!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock

Great idea!

dwj6211

Shiny_Rock

Do you know of any such resource online that I can do this at home?!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to video and hand shots!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results