shape
carat
color
clarity

$50,000+ diamond earring lost at football practice

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
OUCH!

"Several Miami Dolphins crawled across the field after practice Tuesday – not due to exhaustion, but because they were looking for a diamond earring.

Defensive end Kendall Langford said he forgot to take his earrings off before practice and lost one during drills. He said the diamond was nearly 2.5 carats, which is why he was still on the field an hour after practice scanning the grass.

At least nine teammates helped. Some were on hands and knees, and a couple used rakes to comb through the turf. They had a lot of ground to cover, because the Dolphins practice on two fields.

"I've got a great group of guys out here helping me – family-type guys," Langford said.

He declined to say how much the earring cost. One jewelry distributor said it could be worth more than $50,000.

Several fellow defensive linemen were among those assisting Langford in his search.

"He's a teammate. That's what you do," defensive end Ryan Baker said. "It's a fat diamond. It's a shame."
Story continues below
Advertisement

Coach Tony Sparano briefly watched the hunt for the jewelry but did not participate. He said he has never lost earrings at practice – or anywhere else.

"I can't afford them," he said.

Langford finally abandoned the search – temporarily, at least – because he was due at a team meeting. In addition, the grounds crew had started mowing the grass."

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just get in a metal detector...

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
missydebby said:
OUCH!

In addition, the grounds crew had started mowing the grass."

:errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

Oh no!

I almost feel sorry for him, but I'm sure it can be replaced in a flash

If I had access to the field I'd be out there with a metal detector pronto! :naughty:

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
yeah... if this guy is wearing a 2.5 carat earring to FOOTBALL PRACTICE he's asking for it. i just can't feel sorry for him :rolleyes: I'm sure he'll replace it with no problem.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
hHmmm, thinking about hopping on a plane with a metal detector of my own! Think that they'll let me on the field??? ;)) :naughty:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a 2.5 carat stone to be worth $50,000 what color and clarity would it have to be? I mean, we could juggle one against the other. What if it was an ideal cut. Or was not? I was assuming it was a round brilliant.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Jim Summa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
A flashlight at night would do the trick.
I wonder how well he knows his teammates?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
yennyfire said:
hHmmm, thinking about hopping on a plane with a metal detector of my own! Think that they'll let me on the field??? ;)) :naughty:
Ha-ha!! :bigsmile: This was my reaction too!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
"Stupid is as stupid does." ~Mama Gump

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results