shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 5 years in the making… my upgrade is here!

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on both the upgrade and hand surgery recovery! That sounds extremely painful and I'm so relieved to hear that it went well.

This is just stunning. I don't think your diamond and ring can look any more perfect. I personally also feel that "ideal" proportions" are arbitrary when it comes to fancy shapes and old cuts, more useful as clues to predict performance behaviour than as die-hard rules. One of the favourite old cut stones in my collection is shallower than what is generally preferred, but it's beautiful and performs wonderfully so that's all what matters to me, and I'm thankful that I didn't rule it out.

The whole set with your wedding band is just beautiful. A seamless match and I think the wedding band really adds to the whole look.

My eyes just about popped out when I read that your finger size is 2.25 (so I guess somewhere between UK D 3/4 and E)!!! That is so dainty. The 1.01ct is absolutely perfect on you and honestly "huge" was my first impression.

I haven't read through all the other name suggestions, but the first name that came to my mind was "moonbeam", because of the cool white glitter it throws. Your stone and set remind me of a drop of moonlight on a lake with a light breeze. :love:

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
I’ve been very hesitant to post about my new ring on here. My diamond is not a great cut by PS standards - but I knew that going in. I LOVE the crushed ice look of a shallow pear. I love the little flashes of glitter when the light hits it. And of course - I love that there’s no bow tie! The only thing I DON’T like is that it seems impossible to take a good photo of this little glitter ball. I decided to share my new ring anyway because I think it’s ok to like different things!
Background:

I’m based in the U.K. & my original engagement ring had the biggest diamond in my family - around 0.3ct. We bought it from a store before we knew anything about diamonds. It was plagued by problems - the diamond became loose in the prongs so a jeweller shaved the prongs down & set the diamond deeper making it look really stumpy (not at all elegant), the platinum started to wear very thin on the underside & the pave on the band never sparkled. I also very much disliked the square look of 4 prongs on my small mrb. My personal style had also moved on - I was preferring sleeker, classic designs over milgrain.

When I joined PS in 2017 I spoke longingly about an upgrade. I started getting shooting pains in my ring finger around the same time which got progressively worse. It took 5 painful years to get a diagnosis- a benign glomus tumour under my nail. We were ready to upgrade but as I was booked in for surgery we didn’t know if I would be left deformed so we delayed the upgrade while I saved reels of inspiration photos. In January 2022 I had my operation & thankfully I’m on the road to recovery - my nail has grown back really well. The upgrade was back on!

I had become drawn to pear & ovals during my research. It helps that my fingers are very long & skinny! I decided to work with my cousin’s jeweller & although we went together, my husband has an eye for detail & ended up designing the entire ring. The plan was to wear the new ring with my existing wedding band but it didn’t look right so we opted for new a plain platinum band. Both rings were hand forged in Hatton Garden, London & I’m THRILLED!

The details:

Both size US 2.25 (I have tiny fingers!)

Engagement ring:
Platinum
Pear: 1.01ct, VS1, E Colour
2 baguettes: 0.18tcw, VS2, E colour

Wedding band:
Platinum
1.8mm

It’s by far the biggest in terms of coverage in my social circle but DSS is setting in pretty fast! I’ve only had positive comments so far.

Here are my new beauties.
I’m looking for a name for my new glittery pear - any ideas??

82AC1A1B-178A-4C70-B9C3-F9354418D18E.jpeg

476E7C18-AAA7-4CFD-971A-8AD4C448AEFF.jpeg
38A8A99A-F8EF-498E-9256-8294798CB2D3.jpeg

Looks stunning!!!! Seeing everyone's beautiful pears on here has got me wanting one so bad!!

Reactions: Kya

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your new set! It looks perfect on you!

Reactions: Kya

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, just beautiful!!!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I love a good pear and this is just a beautiful ring altogether. Perfect proportions!

I actually love the cut on this one, you have nothing to worry about with meeting “standards”!!! Fancies you pick with your eyes IMO…

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
This is beautiful, classic and elegant! I hope you wear it is good health and much happiness!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your glittering gorgeous pear is stunning!!! Congratulations on a steady recovery of your finger!!! It's a glittering gorgeous glorious upgrade!!
I'm not good for naming gems but I thought if "Gee Gee".

Happytobemrsg

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your new set! It looks perfect on you!
Thank you!

Beautiful, just beautiful!!!
Ah thanks so much

I love a good pear and this is just a beautiful ring altogether. Perfect proportions!

I actually love the cut on this one, you have nothing to worry about with meeting “standards”!!! Fancies you pick with your eyes IMO…
Thank you! Jewellery & diamonds seems such a personal thing but I’m so glad I fell for a good one. I feel very fortunate.

This is beautiful, classic and elegant! I hope you wear it is good health and much happiness!
Thanks so much! After a more fussy wedding set with milgrain & diamonds on the shank I really wanted something more sleek & I hoped more classic!

Your glittering gorgeous pear is stunning!!! Congratulations on a steady recovery of your finger!!! It's a glittering gorgeous glorious upgrade!!
I'm not good for naming gems but I thought if "Gee Gee".
Thank you so much! I was in chronic pain so to have such a happy ending is such a blessing. I’m looking forward to these beautiful rings becoming “part of me”.

Please join me in congratulating @Happytobemrsg, this is the Jewel of the Week! :kiss2:
Gosh. I’m honoured!! Thanks so much!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been very hesitant to post about my new ring on here. My diamond is not a great cut by PS standards - but I knew that going in. I LOVE the crushed ice look of a shallow pear. I love the little flashes of glitter when the light hits it. And of course - I love that there’s no bow tie! The only thing I DON’T like is that it seems impossible to take a good photo of this little glitter ball. I decided to share my new ring anyway because I think it’s ok to like different things!
Background:

I’m based in the U.K. & my original engagement ring had the biggest diamond in my family - around 0.3ct. We bought it from a store before we knew anything about diamonds. It was plagued by problems - the diamond became loose in the prongs so a jeweller shaved the prongs down & set the diamond deeper making it look really stumpy (not at all elegant), the platinum started to wear very thin on the underside & the pave on the band never sparkled. I also very much disliked the square look of 4 prongs on my small mrb. My personal style had also moved on - I was preferring sleeker, classic designs over milgrain.

When I joined PS in 2017 I spoke longingly about an upgrade. I started getting shooting pains in my ring finger around the same time which got progressively worse. It took 5 painful years to get a diagnosis- a benign glomus tumour under my nail. We were ready to upgrade but as I was booked in for surgery we didn’t know if I would be left deformed so we delayed the upgrade while I saved reels of inspiration photos. In January 2022 I had my operation & thankfully I’m on the road to recovery - my nail has grown back really well. The upgrade was back on!

I had become drawn to pear & ovals during my research. It helps that my fingers are very long & skinny! I decided to work with my cousin’s jeweller & although we went together, my husband has an eye for detail & ended up designing the entire ring. The plan was to wear the new ring with my existing wedding band but it didn’t look right so we opted for new a plain platinum band. Both rings were hand forged in Hatton Garden, London & I’m THRILLED!

The details:

Both size US 2.25 (I have tiny fingers!)

Engagement ring:
Platinum
Pear: 1.01ct, VS1, E Colour
2 baguettes: 0.18tcw, VS2, E colour

Wedding band:
Platinum
1.8mm

It’s by far the biggest in terms of coverage in my social circle but DSS is setting in pretty fast! I’ve only had positive comments so far.

Here are my new beauties.
I’m looking for a name for my new glittery pear - any ideas??

82AC1A1B-178A-4C70-B9C3-F9354418D18E.jpeg

476E7C18-AAA7-4CFD-971A-8AD4C448AEFF.jpeg

38A8A99A-F8EF-498E-9256-8294798CB2D3.jpeg

Beautiful pear!!

Your fingers are really very tiny!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful and looks huge on your tiny finger! So glad you had successful surgery on your finger!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Well, dang, who has a size 2.25 finger that's not a pinky??? You definitely get the prize for the smallest ring finger in the history of PS!

So that gorgeous pear diamond looks huge on your lovely finger!

I love pear shape diamonds and yours is to die for! So happy you found exactly what you love! And thanks for sharing with us here.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on both your ring and on getting through what sounds like a difficult surgery. Your pear is gorgeous—classic and beautiful and so flattering and elegant on your hand!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results