carat
color
clarity

5 stone vs 7 stone: Is less more?

5 stone ring or 7 stone ring?

• Total voters

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
OK I promise this is my last poll, this is piggybacking off of the princess & round halo rings I posted earlier. Which do you like more? 5 stone (less is more) or 7-stone (more diamonds?) Vote & tell me why. My background is that I work with children so I'm looking for something reasonable.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 5 stone and I’m very happy with my choice! I like the less is more analogy

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like what gives you full finger coverage across the top (and a little bit down the sides too). I think with a halo on each stone that 5 will be plenty
enough to give full coverage. Of course, 7 will also work! My choice would probably be 5 in your case.

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
I've just had a quick look at your previous post and for me it's 5 stones mainly because I'm not a fan of diamonds sitting between my fingers, I don't like the feeling. Just another thing to be aware of.....you say that you work with children so just really be sure of your setting choice. I'm a teacher, working in both the early years and special ed. I had a 5 stone in a basket setting (diff to yours) and I found it just wasn't conducive to my job. It sat too high on my finger and I accidentally scratched a child with it once, don't even think about play dough, getting paint off was a pain and I knocked it against things loads of times. So for me the setting, whilst beautiful, was totally impractical. I've since had the diamonds reset into a band style setting and it's been a dream. Haven't injured a single child!! ;)2 So it's just something to be aware of if you work with kids, which I hadn't given a thought to when I purchased mine! So after all that, again for me it's the 5 stone! =)2

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 5 stone. 7 would have gone over into the space between my fingers and that would have been uncomfortable to wear.

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE my 5 stone! For comfort reasons and the bling it provides.

It feels low key and also fancy at the same time. It can work in any situation. Mine is set pretty low so I can wear it without issues

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
I have a 5 stone asscher cut that is very comfortable. I also have a 6 stone princess cut band that isn’t comfortable because it rubs on my other fingers. Both rings have stones that are .30 carats each.

DreamingOfDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I have a 5 stone asscher cut that is very comfortable. I also have a 6 stone princess cut band that isn’t comfortable because it rubs on my other fingers. Both rings have stones that are .30 carats each.

Ooh!! Can we see a pic? .30cts each? What’s the total carat weight?

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
As you can see from my avatar - I am a fan of 5 stones! Mine is from Whiteflash with .33 stones. Perfect right hand ring!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
The larger round 5 stone and the 6 stone princess and 5 stone asscher are all 30 pointers. The asscher cut is by far the most comfortable! 52C5082F-904D-4964-A32C-8EC7945128EB.jpeg

Wow! You’re a lucky lady, what a pretty collection!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
It’s all about comfort with maximum bling.
Small rounds in 7 stones that sit comfortably between the finger area, would be better than 5 large rounds that start to impinge between the finger area and start being uncomfortable.

The same is tru that if 5 stones fit better between the finger area, is better than the 7 stone that impinge in that area.

CLL

Rough_Rock
I have a 5 stone ring with the maximum tcw comfortable for my finger. It was meant for my right hand but I have realized I do not like wearing rings on my right hand at all so it’s not getting much of a use lately.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on the size of the stones and the setting.

DK :))

uyalison

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don't entirely understand the question. Are we discussing about the same tcw, whether in 5 stone or 7 stone. If that is the case, I think LESS is MORE. each stone will be bigger.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
When we are talking about small diamonds (which we are for either a 5 or 7 stone) then I like the design that offers the largest individual diamonds. I don't care about the total carat weight, I want the largest individual diamonds because I don't like the look of diamonds when they get too small (I'm not a fan of mele.). So for me, I'd select a 5 stone because you can go larger with each stone before they start bumping up against your neighboring fingers than you can a 7 stone. Now if you are comfortable with a 7 stone going between your fingers, then you can have them whatever size you wish. (But for me I find diamonds going between my fingers uncomfortable.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results