shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone upgrade questions

diamondsareagirls

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have a 1.46 ACA five stone ring from Whiteflash that I use as a wedding band with a 1.60 ACA in a Vatche U-113. I for the most part really like this look, but when I wear my engagement ring just with my spacer it appears much larger. So obviously the 5 stone does some overwhelming of the engagement ring. However, when I put the 5 stone on my right hand I suffer from DSS and it looks a little underwhelming!

So I was thinking of getting a smaller band as my wedding band - maybe an eternity - and trading in my 1.46 for a bigger 5 stone as a better stand alone RHR.

My finger size is 4.25. The 1.46 provides complete finger coverage so I am not sure how to have a 5 stone with more presence yet not start to disappear under my finger. Would 40 pointers work? Does anyone have pictures of a 2 carat 5 stone on a 4.25 finger? I would like to stick with my Skye U prong and just upgrade the diamonds if possible.

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
Pictures please.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't really have any good pictures of this band but here are two from years ago. This is a 2 carat, .40 stones (5) made by Memoire. My ring size is 5.25. These stones sit very low and curve around the finger very well. An extremely comfortable ring.

ring-out7-jpg.60037

ring-out4-jpg.60035

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
I don't really have any good pictures of this band but here are two from years ago. This is a 2 carat, .40 stones (5) made by Memoire. My ring size is 5.25. These stones sit very low and curve around the finger very well. An extremely comfortable ring.

ring-out7-jpg.60037

ring-out4-jpg.60035
You could go with a 3 or 4 stone band since each diamond will be larger. Your fingers are small so you don’t have to go with a lot of diamonds. I do agree with going with a smaller wedding band for your e-ring. I too have a 0.25 point 7 stone band and it overwhelms my e-ring with is 1.54ct. So I wear it on my right hand and stack it with different bands everyday. I love mixing metals. That could be another idea is add to your RHR stack!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want to wear the bigger band as a RHR only, what about a graduated 5 stone? With the right proportions I personally think it holds his own a smidge better and you could go with a larger centre for extra ooomph...
While still being stackable

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results