shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone ring

mjg

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I have settled on a 5 stone ring about 1.75-2 ctw but not sure where to get it. I have tried some on at costco of all places and they seem priced really well but I am not sure how good the quality is, and the setting isn't exactly my favorite. I would like opinions about whether you would go with a vendor like BGD or Whiteflash and have their highest cut quality, certed stones, or would you go with uncerted stones at that price to get more bang for your buck? I need to get a few quotes and am also interested in IDJ. I appreciate any suggestions on how to go about making this happen now that I have finally decided what I want.

Thanks!

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My 7 stone band is from WF and I would highly recommend them! For a 5 stone band of that size, I would spend the money and get high quality stones!

mjg

Rough_Rock
The quote from IDJ for uncerted stones is very reasonable so I'm wondering what those more experienced than I would think about going with uncerted stones? I don't have or wear any fine jewelry so on the one hand, I am not as knowledgeable as most people here, but on the other I am pretty meticulous and would like something very high quality as this will probably be the only piece of jewelry I really ever wear. I know IDJ gets a lot of good reviews, so would love to hear others' opinions on this.

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don't have any personal experience with IDJ, but from what I have read if you ask for PS quality stones, you will not be disappointed!

Q

Queenie60

I've had great experience with IDJ - be exact as to what you want as far as cut, color, etc. They will go out of their way to please you. Good luck.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The quote from IDJ for uncerted stones is very reasonable so I'm wondering what those more experienced than I would think about going with uncerted stones? I don't have or wear any fine jewelry so on the one hand, I am not as knowledgeable as most people here, but on the other I am pretty meticulous and would like something very high quality as this will probably be the only piece of jewelry I really ever wear. I know IDJ gets a lot of good reviews, so would love to hear others' opinions on this.

If you are looking for high quality, I would give Whiteflash a call and ask for a quote. Their ACAs are lovely! A .1.75 5 stone would be .35 ct.
You can look at the price of .35 ACAs.

BTW, what size do you wear?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
It depends.
My 5 stone is 2.59cts from WF. Each stone is above half a carat so certs were important to me and I paid extra for that. I did this so if I ever wanted to sell the ring, or each diamond separately, it would be easier.
For .30-35ct stones I wouldn't bother provided I went with a vendor I trust, and my independent appraisal confirms the stones match what the vendor says.

cherij0411

Shiny_Rock
It depends.
My 5 stone is 2.59cts from WF. Each stone is above half a carat so certs were important to me and I paid extra for that. I did this so if I ever wanted to sell the ring, or each diamond separately, it would be easier.
For .30-35ct stones I wouldn't bother provided I went with a vendor I trust, and my independent appraisal confirms the stones match what the vendor says.
Your dog is adorable! I have two bullies

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can also ask IDJ for a quote for GIA stones as well.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adorable critters! We havent had a dog/pet thread in a while. Someone needs to start one on
Hangout!

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

I have settled on a 5 stone ring about 1.75-2 ctw but not sure where to get it. I have tried some on at costco of all places and they seem priced really well but I am not sure how good the quality is, and the setting isn't exactly my favorite. I would like opinions about whether you would go with a vendor like BGD or Whiteflash and have their highest cut quality, certed stones, or would you go with uncerted stones at that price to get more bang for your buck? I need to get a few quotes and am also interested in IDJ. I appreciate any suggestions on how to go about making this happen now that I have finally decided what I want.

Thanks!

I am also VERY interested to hear what PSers suggest for what you should do. I'm contemplating the exact same situation as you right now.
I want a 2 ct shared prong wedding band - 5 to 7 stone.
I'm okay with preloved as well.
But, if I can get something new, that would be ideal.
I'm excited to see what your decisions are :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results