shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone ring question

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
My engagement ring is a 1.02 RB solitaire. For a wedding band I’m looking at a 5 stone RB diamond ring. I’d like the band to compliment the ering and not overpower it.

What do you suggest? 20 or 30 pts each?

This is the look I’m after minus the very tiny diamond on either side.

Also, I’ve always dreamt of an Asscher or Emerald eternity band. Can I mix that with RB and look complimentary together?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, you're looking at a RB 5-stone or also considering an asscher or emerald eternity band?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would probably go smaller like 15 pointers. I think 20 ptrs are going to make your solitaire look small. Of course, it all depends on what look
you are going for. What size is your finger? What does your ering look like? Make sure the stones in your wedding ring wont rub up against
the metal in your ering.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I would probably go smaller like 15 pointers. I think 20 ptrs are going to make your solitaire look small. Of course, it all depends on what look
you are going for. What size is your finger? What does your ering look like? Make sure the stones in your wedding ring wont rub up against
the metal in your ering.

My ring size is 5.75. 15 points! That actually makes sense. I definitely don’t want wedding band to overpower my ering. I want them both to work together nicely. Should I also get a thin plat band to separate both band and ering?

Here’s a picture of my ering!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
In order to not overpower your e-ring you should choose a diamond band with small stones , I ' d personally choose 3 pointers.
I' d use 20 pointers or even 30 pointers to create a beautiful stand alone band , but no way it would complement your solitaire ring.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with purple silk.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Given that your center stone is about 6.6mm I think PS has a good point about proportions. I might say go for a 3mm eternity instead I think too much larger than 3mm will overwhelm your engagement ring.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Old but useful thread with a 1.18 ct solitaire:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Fifth picture: 1 carat solitaire with 1 carat total weight 5 stone band:

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
My engagement ring is a 1.02 RB solitaire. For a wedding band I’m looking at a 5 stone RB diamond ring. I’d like the band to compliment the ering and not overpower it.

I tried many bands with my 1.22 solitaire and any diamond band wider than 2.5mm took away from it. You see, my solitaire is like a Mariah Carey and she needs the eternity diamonds to know their place as back-up singers LOL :lol:.

I too like 5 stone bands, but those 5 stones would have to be so small that they wouldn't go very wide across my finger which wasn't the finger coverage look I wanted.

So I went with an eternity of 1 pointers because my preference is for the solitaire to be the star and the diamond band to be more of a shimmer, adding twinkle to the solitaire but not shrinking it. It is the one in my avatar and 2mm wide. I wear a plain 2mm band in between (I wouldn't have to, that's just my preference).

On a milestone anniversary I do hope to get a 5 stone trellis, 1.25cttw (that is my favorite proportions for a 5 stone), but it will be a right hand ring. Just sharing my thoughts, as always, you do you =)2

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The largest I would recommend for any size engagement ring diamond is about 10 points each in the band. Otherwise, it is going to take away from the engagement ring. A sparkly pave band is so beautiful and complements the engagement ring well. My band is Tiffany Legacy and the stones are probably 1 point each. I like the idea of 3 pointers for you. A large band like 20 points is going to rub your e-ring prongs and cause problems. As others have said, once you get up to 20 points and higher, those are better as standalone rings.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Fifth picture: 1 carat solitaire with 1 carat total weight 5 stone band:

That thread has amazing eye candy and a good point of reference for me. Thank you for sharing!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Given that your center stone is about 6.6mm I think PS has a good point about proportions. I might say go for a 3mm eternity instead I think too much larger than 3mm will overwhelm your engagement ring.

I agree with you. This will not be my first marriage and I had a thin eternity band the first time around. Classic and beautiful. This marriage I want something different.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
The largest I would recommend for any size engagement ring diamond is about 10 points each in the band. Otherwise, it is going to take away from the engagement ring. A sparkly pave band is so beautiful and complements the engagement ring well. My band is Tiffany Legacy and the stones are probably 1 point each. I like the idea of 3 pointers for you. A large band like 20 points is going to rub your e-ring prongs and cause problems. As others have said, once you get up to 20 points and higher, those are better as standalone rings.

I love pave! I didn’t think of that as a choice. You think that could work?

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I tried many bands with my 1.22 solitaire and any diamond band wider than 2.5mm took away from it. You see, my solitaire is like a Mariah Carey and she needs the eternity diamonds to know their place as back-up singers LOL :lol:.

I too like 5 stone bands, but those 5 stones would have to be so small that they wouldn't go very wide across my finger which wasn't the finger coverage look I wanted.

So I went with an eternity of 1 pointers because my preference is for the solitaire to be the star and the diamond band to be more of a shimmer, adding twinkle to the solitaire but not shrinking it. It is the one in my avatar and 2mm wide. I wear a plain 2mm band in between (I wouldn't have to, that's just my preference).

On a milestone anniversary I do hope to get a 5 stone trellis, 1.25cttw (that is my favorite proportions for a 5 stone), but it will be a right hand ring. Just sharing my thoughts, as always, you do you =)2

:lol: Mariah Carey ering! I guess I also want my wedding band to be back up singers too. Unless I still get the 5 stone but don’t wear them together. ;)2

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
What about a scattered band?
image510.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the Etoile - love that lookand other co's do nice ones too!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a 1 ct band, no larger than 0.20. I would even consider 15-pointers, or 12-pointers, and do a half-eternity of those, however many stones that is. 30-pointers will absolutely overwhelm it.

This is a 6.7mm solitaire with an eternity ring of 13-pointers, for size reference:

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
For a 1 ct band, no larger than 0.20. I would even consider 15-pointers, or 12-pointers, and do a half-eternity of those, however many stones that is. 30-pointers will absolutely overwhelm it.

This is a 6.7mm solitaire with an eternity ring of 13-pointers, for size reference:
This looks so nice! The band looks fluid and works really well with the ering. I don’t see much if any metal which is my favorite look. What type of band is that? Shared prong?

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I have the Etoile - love that lookand other co's do nice ones too!
I like it too! I now want to try it on with my ering. I was also thinking of getting a Cartier love ring as a band. Not sure how I’d like it stacked together but thought of it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I had a 10 point eternity ring with a 1.50 solitaire on a 51/2 sized finger. I thought the proportions were perfect. I wouldn't go much larger than 10 points--great paired or stand alone.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results