shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone band: All AVCs or mix with AVRs?

sixbillionstars

Rough_Rock
I've been contemplating getting a 5 stone band. So, if you were to get a milgrained bezel 5 stone band with stones along the lines of 0.2/0.4/0.75/0.4/0.2ct

Would you go with....

1) all AVCs

or

2) 3 middle AVCs and 2 AVRs at the ends (would this look weird?)

I really like the way this Single Stone ring looks but the rounds are a lot smaller than the other stones-would it still work with bigger rounds?

cwr1115.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the SS ring. I would just make the proportions more like that one with the two side AVC's a little larger than .40. Then the rounds could probably be .15-20 and still be okay. That is more like a three stone ring with the round accents. Very pretty design!

sixbillionstars

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice! I've looked at the SS setting more closely and you're right, I don't think larger rounds would look as good. Darn.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it the way it is. I'd go with 10 pointers max on the AVRs-- probably closer to 5-8 points.

sixbillionstars

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1344050571|3245736 said:
I like it the way it is. I'd go with 10 pointers max on the AVRs-- probably closer to 5-8 points.

Thanks, Gypsy! Well, the good thing about smaller avrs is less $$ :twirl: !

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like the small rounds in the ss ring. They seem like kind of a waste after the 3 large cushions. I would either go with 5 cushions or larger more in line rounds if you want to mix it up some. Are you planning on goinv with bezel set like the ss ring?

sixbillionstars

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1344115948|3246034 said:
I don't like the small rounds in the ss ring. They seem like kind of a waste after the 3 large cushions. I would either go with 5 cushions or larger more in line rounds if you want to mix it up some. Are you planning on goinv with bezel set like the ss ring?

Yes, I plan on a milgrain bezel setting, however, I'm not sure if 2 rounds (.20ct each) at the end will look weird or if I should just stick to all cushions. I wanted to do rounds next to the cushions bc I wanted to have both august vintage cuts :)...but not sure if they will clash next to each other.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sixbillionstars|1344122801|3246063 said:

Yes, I plan on a milgrain bezel setting, however, I'm not sure if 2 rounds (.20ct each) at the end will look weird or if I should just stick to all cushions. I wanted to do rounds next to the cushions bc I wanted to have both august vintage cuts :)...but not sure if they will clash next to each other.

I don't know how they will look either but I bet GOG will take some pictures for you with different size AVRs so you can
see how they look. Post pictures if you get some. I'd love to see the different options.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
sixbillionstars|1344122801|3246063 said:

When I looked at the ring as is, it seems like its a 3 stone with 2 accent diamonds added at the end, it didn't strike me as a '5 stone'. I would be inclined to go with 2 cushions on the end and that's probably because I'm OCD about symmetry!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results