shape
carat
color
clarity

5 months later here I am looking at stones again!

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
Hey friends. I’m currently chatting with David Klass to either reset my amora gem or a new LGD, it’s a tough choice because I love how colorful and fiery my stone is. I’m looking at these two. Any thoughts? I tend to enjoy more fiery than bright white so I was trying to find smaller tables and larger pavilion as I’ve seen that mentioned before.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here are a couple of HPHT that would likely be pushing into FIC territory:

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
Here are a couple of HPHT that would likely be pushing into FIC territory:

Excuse my ignorance but what does FIC mean?

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
No worries: "Fiery Ideal Cut", per the HCA tool. :)

Thanks deja! I keep reading that thread about CVD and HPHT I’m obviously not an experienced jeweler but I see a lot of people purchasing LGD from vendors, do you think it’s “safe” to do so? In the sense there could be brown tint, blue tint, stratia etc.

Brenic

Rough_Rock
Thanks deja! I keep reading that thread about CVD and HPHT I’m obviously not an experienced jeweler but I see a lot of people purchasing LGD from vendors, do you think it’s “safe” to do so? In the sense there could be brown tint, blue tint, stratia etc.

Check out the Gcal website and enter the report number to see the live videos on that site. That’s what helped my make my decision. I am currently waiting for my ring from Adiamor.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

You're very welcome!
There could be, and I do my best to look for those types of things before I post any recommendations (I've even been lightly hazed by the trade pros here for being a bit too strict from time to time).
In essence, I try to only post diamonds that I would be happy to give my own wife...hope that doesn't sound creepy, just iterating that I have high standards so I do my best to reflect that in each and every diamond that I post for others to see and consider for their own purchase.

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
You're very welcome!
There could be, and I do my best to look for those types of things before I post any recommendations (I've even been lightly hazed by the trade pros here for being a bit too strict from time to time).
In essence, I try to only post diamonds that I would be happy to give my own wife...hope that doesn't sound creepy, just iterating that I have high standards so I do my best to reflect that in each and every diamond that I post for others to see and consider for their own purchase.

Its not creepy at all! I appreciate your help so so much. I am trying to stay with the GCAL 8x, HPHT II or IIa if possible. Because I'm not an industry person so THAT feels like the safest bet?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Its not creepy at all! I appreciate your help so so much. I am trying to stay with the GCAL 8x, HPHT II or IIa if possible. Because I'm not an industry person so THAT feels like the safest bet?

Check out these beauties to add to the wonderful list that Kim N posted earlier.

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
Check out these beauties to add to the wonderful list that Kim N posted earlier.

Thanks! Another dumb question, would you be able to see any "undisclosed blue nuance" in these videos? Or is it only in person people start to see it?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Another dumb question, would you be able to see any "undisclosed blue nuance" in these videos? Or is it only in person people start to see it?

It'll be a bit more of a challenge to see UBN in this style of video since the backgrounds are varying shades of very light gray and there seems to be small variations to lighting intensities during the photography sessions.

Best bet would be to put in the grading certificate numbers into GCAL website and hope that their own pictures and videos are of much better quality that allows for a better visual assessment:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
JenniferMarie90 here are the direct links to the three diamonds that I linked.
Kim N - graciously asking for your eyes as a second opinion.

I do not see any hints of blue tinting in any of them.

I do see some clouding under the table of the 1.41 carat (which is notated on the certificate) at the 11-12 o
clock position in the fire video, or about the 3 o'clock position in the 360° video, near the metallic needle.

The 1.38 D VS1 cert notates some clouding in the table, star, and bezel, but I can't find/see them so they are either so minor that they are not problematic (possible since it's a VS1), or they are dispersed uniformly enough to make them seem undetectable.

The 1.28 D VS2 has obvious crystals/growth remnants under the table at this magnification level.

1.41 E VS2

1.38 D VS1

1.28 D VS2

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JenniferMarie90 here are the direct links to the three diamonds that I linked.
Kim N - graciously asking for your eyes as a second opinion.

I do not see any hints of blue tinting in any of them.

I do see some clouding under the table of the 1.41 carat (which is notated on the certificate) at the 11-12 o
clock position in the fire video, or about the 3 o'clock position in the 360° video, near the metallic needle.

The 1.38 D VS1 cert notates some clouding in the table, star, and bezel, but I can't find/see them so they are either so minor that they are not problematic (possible since it's a VS1), or they are dispersed uniformly enough to make them seem undetectable.

The 1.28 D VS2 has obvious crystals/growth remnants under the table at this magnification level.

1.41 E VS2

1.38 D VS1

1.28 D VS2

I don't see any signs of blue nuance either. My favorite is the 1.38 due to the inclusions under the table on the others.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
GIA graded 1.35 D VS1 with a 40.6/35.5/56 combo:
Here is a direct link to the video:

GIA graded 1.32 D VS1 also with a 40.6/35.5/56 combo:
Video link:

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results