shape
carat
color
clarity

5 jewelry pieces you wear the most often?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ranked in order of how often you wear them.

1. Wedding band. Never comes off.
2. BGD pendant.
3. Engagement ring (I don''t wear it everyday)
4. Coach watch (even though a part of it is missing thanks to our robbers
38.gif
, it''s a survivor and I love it)
5. My 7 stone diamond band (which used to be my moms).

April20

Ideal_Rock
1. Diamond studs- have worn them every day since I got them nearly 3 years ago
2. My watch - either my Tag or my Raymond Weil
3. Wedding Band (I will confess I don''t wear it on days I work at home)
4. E-ring
5. Vintage e-ring I scored on ebay for a steal and use as a RHR. If my camera didn''t suck, I''d post pics of it.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
1) My e-ring
2) My promise ring on my RH
3) Diamond studs in my 2nd and 3rd holes
4) My diamond kitty pendant from FI for Christmas
5) Some sort of costume earring to match my outfit for the day.

Cool post, gypsy!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
My e-ring
My wedding band

thats it, I don''t wear a watch and I weard different necklaces all the time.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. Engagement ring
2. Bezel set diamond studs
3. Rolex watch (men's SS Oyster Datejust)
4. Some sort of fun necklace
5. 3 beaded friendship bracelets (these never come off so should probably be #1, but since they're not fancy I'll leave 'em at #5!)

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
1. Engagement Ring
2. Wedding band (sometimes I don''t wear it though, as I don''t like my current one with my ering)
3. Vintage amethyst pendant given to me by my mil
4. my Grandma''s 5 stone anniversary band as a rhr

That''s it. I sometimes wear a bracelet or different necklace but not often.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
gypsy - what a great thread!

well, it depends if i''m wearing silver or gold, and i do swap between the two equally. if i''m wearing yellow/rose gold, i''ll wear:

1) rose gold comfort fit 3mm wedder
2) antique graduated 5 stone ruby ring in rose gold filigree (circa 1910) (these are worn as a set)
3) diamond studs in my outer holes (BN signature cut, 2/3 ctw)
4) hoop earring - either plain 2" YG or elsa peretti open heart hoops, medium, in yellow gold
5) 25 yr anniversary pendant remade from original wedding ring - yellow gold and diamonds
6) rose gold antique bangle

but if i wear silver/platinum/white gold, i''ll wear:

1) 3 stone plat diamond engagement ring
2) 3.25mm jim meyer plat milgrain wedding ring
3) same diamond studsas above
4) elsa peretti open heart hoops, large, in silver
5) pandora bracelet

i''m sorry! i know - this is way over! but i really do alternate between yellow gold and silver/white gold, and i always wear a wedding and engagement ring, earrings, and a bangle or bracelet every day.

and - hey gypsy! how did the bbq go? i thought of you on and off all weekend. we were POURED on, so had to move the whole party indoors. how did you go?

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
This is cute thread!

Everyday:
1. eternity band
2. engagement ring
3. Watch, lately a Michele Urban with a pink alligator band
4. a Tiffany and Co. medical ID bracelet
5. usually, diamond studs
6. Roberto Coin Tiny Treasures Cross necklace

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is fun to read!

Whitby, it went well (HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY). Mostly because of the company, who really made the day a joy. As for the food: I overmarinated the chicken (which was a shame because the marinade was good). It would have been fine with 2 hours instead of 24
6.gif
so it was salty and over seasoned by A LOT. I forget that when they are cut up into strips like that they REALLY absorb it all. The peanut sauce was good though. I liked the pork (went well with peanut sauce too). The steak teriyaki was good all around. I did a green salad with a ginger dressing that was POTENT, but yummy. Dessert was raw fruit, yummy cookies, and my first ever attempt at coconut rice pudding, which had good flavor, but needed texture help (that''s what happens when you combine recipes sometimes), so I''m re-cooking it now with more milk and just going to let it simmer for a couple of hours. I was crazy busy so for apps, I ended up doing something completely different than planned, I made some hummus and a white bean and tomato bruscetta. They went over pretty well.

I was totally worried about not having enough food, but we had leftoevers, which is great cause I always feel like a terrible host if there are no leftovers. Overall, we had a fun time. Thanks so much for asking and remembering!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
1. earrings, depends on what I feel like that day
2. pendant, depends on what earrings I am wearing that day
3. e-ring or some other solitaire type ring
4. wedding band, depends on which e-ring I am wearing
5. watch or bracelet, but not usually both

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fun!

1. Platinum "link" bead-set wedding band (only take off to play drums for "Rock Band")
2. Elsa P. silver open heart pendant on a lengthened now 19" chain (1st gift from now DH)
3. Matte-finish white gold discs w/ gypsy set diamonds that dangle on french hooks
4. E-ring, platinum w/Asscher cut center stone & side tapered baguettes & tiny bead set pave
5. Tiffany SS tank style watch with bracelet -- square white face with black numerals

Now that I think about it ... all but #5 were gifts from DH. Must buy more jewelry myself!
3.gif
(Though 3 of the 4 gifts were, um, helped along in the "choice" dept.
11.gif
)

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
This one''s fun :D

1. My solitaire diamond pendant (first gift from FF)
2. Tiffany RHR (second gift from FF)
I never take these off... I live in them :)

3. Diamond solitaire earrings
4. Tiffany heart bracelet
I only wear these when we''re going out somewhere/for an event

5. A watch... when I feel like it... which is never, lol!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hmmmm...most often...

1) ER
2) eternity ring RH
3) Rolex

I try and rotate....

cheers--Sharon

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
1. wedding band
2. e-ring
3. rose gold bangle inherited from grandmother
4. anniversary ring--platinum solitaire
5. diamond stud earrings
6. cheapo but pretty watch my son gave me when he was 17, its filigree

This is what I wear every day but I have other pieces I add depending on how I''m accessorizing, pearl necklace or emerald pendant necklace or others; 6 silver bangles, or 1 22-k gold Indian bangle with granulation or bracelet with damascene work from Spain; I have other rings I wear too--an antique diamond with filigree, or a marquise garnet--I guess I wear a lot of jewelry.
But I wear my wedding ring always, whenever I go out, even when I don''t wear anything else.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 8:29:18 PM
Author: Gypsy
This is fun to read!

Whitby, it went well (HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY). Mostly because of the company, who really made the day a joy. As for the food: I overmarinated the chicken (which was a shame because the marinade was good). It would have been fine with 2 hours instead of 24
6.gif
so it was salty and over seasoned by A LOT. I forget that when they are cut up into strips like that they REALLY absorb it all. The peanut sauce was good though. I liked the pork (went well with peanut sauce too). The steak teriyaki was good all around. I did a green salad with a ginger dressing that was POTENT, but yummy. Dessert was raw fruit, yummy cookies, and my first ever attempt at coconut rice pudding, which had good flavor, but needed texture help (that''s what happens when you combine recipes sometimes), so I''m re-cooking it now with more milk and just going to let it simmer for a couple of hours. I was crazy busy so for apps, I ended up doing something completely different than planned, I made some hummus and a white bean and tomato bruscetta. They went over pretty well.

I was totally worried about not having enough food, but we had leftoevers, which is great cause I always feel like a terrible host if there are no leftovers. Overall, we had a fun time. Thanks so much for asking and remembering!
thanks for the birthday wishes - we had a great time too!

and just love the sound of what you did - i loveloveLOVE coconut rice pudding! and i really like ginger and green salad - the flavors are so refreshing - can only imagine how great it was with something like teriyaki, for example. YUM!

glad you had a fun day. :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
The only think I NEVER take off is a silver Tiffany''s bracelet. Unless I forget I also (almost always) wear my e-ring, wedding band and tessa ring.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
everyday
<------ this new upgrade ER
Ebel watch with tiny diamond bezel
RH Tiffany 16 stone band
diamond hoop earrings med. large size (custom by Facets)
ACA martini set 1.54 pendant

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I dont wear jewerly much anymore, I am working from home now, but I do wear my wedding band most of the time, my e-ring sometimes, my watch and sometimes a right hand ring and every once in awhile I will throw on a bracelet.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. E-ring (everyday)
2. Jadeite bangle (everyday)
3. WF flower diamond pendant (doesn't come off)
4. Sapphire bezel ring (usually)
5. Black leather movado watch (usually)

Ironically, my favorite pad sapphire ring (my avatar) stays home most days because it's so delicate that I don't want to bang it up while I'm working or at the gym. So I only wear it on weekdays, and when I'm at home (just so I can stare at it, hehe)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.Studs
2.ering
3.wedding band
4. Gold hand crafted ruby charmed bracelet (looks like a peacock) by my cousin
5. 15 inch necklace with different color pendants or Kenneth Cole pink leather watch - I love it, casual and keeps on ticking.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
1. .62 tcw ACA WF bezel studs 18kt wg - never take them out except to clean or sometimes swap w/ my Tiffany X diamond earrings from DH
2. Wedding band - .40 bead set diamond 14kt wg (engraved w/ wedding date)
3. E-ring - 1.54 asscher and .38 bead set diamonds 14kt wg
4. Other wedding band (flanks the e-ring) .40 bead set diamond 14kt wg
5. Watch - Raymond Weil Tango (14kt wg/ SS and diamonds)

(3, 4, and 5 - 99% of the time I wear all together)

Sorry I can''t pick just 5
31.gif

6. Platinum .50 tcw Art Deco eternity band (RHR)
7. Necklace - either my new .46 OEC in a BGD bezel or my Tiffany X diamond necklace (or something funky)

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I wear all of these every day, but I''ll rank them based on how attached I am to them
3.gif

1. My engagement ring
2. My diamond 7-stone wedding band
3. My plain white gold wedding band (got married with this ring because I needed a plain wedding band with nothing on it for our Jewish ceremony, then DH surprised me with my diamond wedding band right after the ceremony was over)
4. My pave diamond heart pendant (given to me by then-boyfriend, now-DH a few years ago)
5. My diamond stud earrings (19th birthday present from my parents - especially significant to me because they''re divorced and they actually bought this present together for me which they had never done before - the only other time that happened was when they decided to both contribute to buying me dangling diamond earring jackets as a 20th birthday present/wedding present).

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. Wedding band - only comes off for cleaning and random work necessity... it even holds its own during workouts.

2. Engagement ring - I don''t wear it every day, but it''s still second most often worn

The rest fall way behind, a couple times per week at most:

3. Plain platinum band as a RHR

4. Tri-gold rolling ring, also a RHR, no not at the same time as the band

5. A tie between my sterling silver necklace with tiny gemstone drops, and my diamond studs... neither come out very often, maybe once a week.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. Engagement ring - every day when I''m not traveling
2. Bezel set diamond band - every single day
3. Diamond studs - they only come out for cleaning
4. Bezel diamond pendant - it only comes off for cleaning
5. ACA RHR - I wear it nearly every day

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Fun question!

1) Wedding set

2) Rough green pearl diamond ring that was a gift from my folks

3) Enormous red "ruby" pear-shaped pendant that I made myself

4) Sapphire and diamond anniversary band

5) YG bezeled stud earrings

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Wedding rings - wear them every day
2. Diamond dangle earrings
3. White golad diamond bracelet
4. Diamond stud pendant
5. Sapphire ring

joelly

Ideal_Rock
1. My Diamond studs. 0.60cttw. Been wearing this since high school.
2. My Omega watch, Constellation. A gift from my dad when I was 16 but I start wearing it when I was 22.
3. My bracelet. It''s white gold but it sparkles a lot due to the engraving, lots of ppl mistaken it for diamond bracelet. My 24th bday gift from mom.
4. My diamond pendant (0.50ct). My 24th bday gift from mom. The diamond is placed in a bezel heart shape. My mom said that it is her heart so she asked me to wear it close to my heart so that it means that we''re never really apart. She lives 10,000 miles away so...
5. My e-ring. I haven''t got used to wearing a ring so it stays in the box most of the time. Its habit. Never wear one on a daily basis until my FI propose last Spring. In his presence, I always wear it, though. His feeling is too fragile.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow....this is indeed a cool thread, Gypsy. Thanks for starting it. You''re such a pioneer.

Whitby: I will end up doing the same as you. My e-ring is yellow gold, this is also part of the reason that I don''t wear it everyday because it will look out of sort as all my other "everyday" jewelry is white gold, including my watch (not sure if its white gold but definitely not yellow gold). My FI talked about getting me another e-ring with white gold so I can have two sets. I thought, nobody do that, but now seeing that you do, it looks like a good idea.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
1. Wedding band. WF Diamonds for an Eternity.
2. Original ering stone recut and set in a pendant.
3. Cheap Fossil watch.
4. ering. Asscher in Leon Mege, 3-sided pave. (not 100% of the time)
5. Antique RHR with OEC stone.

Available for dress-up
6. Tennis bracelet.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Joelly, what an unexpected comment! I''m pretty sure our Hangout Pioneer is DF though. He often goes where no man has gone before on PS.
25.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results