shape
carat
color
clarity

5.45ct aquamarine in engraved platinum from David Klass

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
My husband's birthstone is aquamarine, and I wanted to have a piece of jewelry made to commemorate our relationship upon the birth of our first child (didn't use his birthstone because we didn't know if he'd be an October or a November baby, and he very nearly split the difference, being born at 12:40AM November 1st!)... so, bought a gorgeous deep blue aquamarine, precision-cut by Jordan Wilkins (who bought the rough as unheated although it's difficult to detect such low heat to be sure), from the lovely Elle at The Gemstone Project. I'd seen this stone at least a year earlier and admired it as a "holy grail" aquamarine, but had no idea how I'd set it until...

...suddenly, after once again admiring Acinom's gorgeous engraved David Klass setting for her paraiba cabochon ([URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/paraiba-sea-resort-ring-by-david-klass.214231/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/paraiba-sea-resort-ring-by-david-klass.214231/[/URL]), it clicked! Fortunately, Acinom is a deeply gracious and wonderful human being and she had no problem at all with me approaching David to design a similar setting for this aquamarine, even helping with the CADs & some little design choices that had to be made! Full story is here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/acinom-inspired-blue-aqua-ring-help-with-dk-cads.226640/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/acinom-inspired-blue-aqua-ring-help-with-dk-cads.226640/[/URL]

David was absolutely superlative to work with. I mean, always patient, never bothered by many nitpicky tweaks requested to the CADs, lots of great back-and-forth and only 6 weeks start-to-finish (with a hold-up on my end because I had my baby a week before my due date, which slowed down my getting the stone to him by a couple of weeks!). And I am absolutely FLOORED by the glamour shots he sent me yesterday -- the ring should be here next week!! Size 6.75; the stone itself is about 9 x 12mm.

Without further ado:
p13.jpg

p14.jpg

p12.jpg

h17.jpg

I'll be back with more once it's on my hand!! It looks like... something you'd wear to the royal ball, or you inherit from your great grandmother who happened to be a Rothschild. I own NOTHING like this and I am so tremendously excited!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your ring and congratulations on your little bundle of joy!!! Your stone is such a mesmerizing shade of blue, the engraving is impeccable :clap: can't wait to see more pics! :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :love: :love: :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very. Very. Beautiful.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! I love the engraving. Gorgeous.

bugbear

Shiny_Rock
I love it!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to you and your husband on the birth of your first child! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Your ring is stunning! I love the engraving detail!

Looking forward to more photos once you receive it.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see more pics!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, lovedogs, AprilBaby, bugbear, luv2sparkle, MissGotRocks, & dk168 for your kind words about the ring! I really didn't think it would turn out THIS well. Props to David Klass for interpreting a cabochon setting into a setting for a faceted stone & getting the proportions so beautiful! Niel, hope you aren't also thinking wistfully "Oh, if only the cathedral was concave!" -- I still go back & forth a little with that, but DK managed to get everything so delicate-looking that I think I'm happy with the decision. :)

ac117, december-fire -- will definitely try to get the baby in with the ring... kind of like the Cheerio Challenge with faaaahncy jewelry? (With less stacking. If I owned, like, 14 amazing rings to try to stack on baby's nose/forehead I would have a much more fabulous life than I do currently. ;-) )

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning ring!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evergreen! I have been waiting for this. What a special way to celebrate the birth of your first child. What a stunning outcome. I love the detailing like the engraving and the gallery.

David did a great job with this ring. Looking forward to see your handshots when you have received the ring.

I love it to be ring sisters with you :wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The big aquamarine of course is lovely, but what absolutely enchants me are the minute details - the impeccable milgrain and engraving = YUM! :lickout:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you received your ring Evergreen? I can't wait to see it on your finger.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I miss this? It's just gorgeous!! I love everything about it. Congratulations on the birth of your baby! :appl:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy grail aqua is right. What color!
Great choice with the setting - looks wonderful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! I love the engraving!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring. IMO that is the perfect color of aquamarine. It is gorgeous.

Marcy

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for being so delinquent! :) It did arrive, but between the baby, and the holidays, and holiday travel with the baby... well, didn't manage the glamour shots I'd wanted til just yesterday. Thanks for checking in!

dsc00393_copy.jpg
Welcome, baby! And baby-blue ring! :)

Wish my close-ups were as clear as David's, but these will have to do til I have a chance to take photos during the day with better lighting so they're not so blurry... And all I have is CFLs so, blah on the color. Sigh. David's photos were so much more representative of the color!

dsc00380_copy.jpg

dsc00381_copy.jpg

dsc00383_copy_0.jpg

Tiny, beautiful table. Love seeing table glare on this one!
dsc00385_copy.jpg

dsc00390_copy.jpg

Those who have gone through baby-raising lately will recognize some components in the background... and since I haven't got any flowers in the house, plastic "grass" drying rack will have to do!

dsc00387_copy.jpg

I love all the gorgeous detail. The engraving catches the light and sparkles gently, the stone is a deep ocean-blue, and I just feel like royalty when I wear it. :D

Thanks again, Acinom, for being the inspiration -- and David Klass for his gorgeous execution!! :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring looks even more gorgeous on your hand!!! It's great to see your handpics. You have perfected the design with the undergallery detailing and the all over engraving. The ocean blue is mesmerizing.

All the best for you and your family :wavey:

VDK

Rough_Rock
VDK

The stone is truely beautiful. The ring is classical. Enjoy it!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks perfect on you!! :love: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and amazing engraving and it looks gorgeous on you! :love: :love: :love:
LOVE the blue. :love:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am positively blown away with the beauty and elegance if both stone and ring.

I'm going to save your post to read later and digest every word. Just beautiful.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! Congrats on a beautiful ring!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you still thrilled with your aqua ring?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just had to come back to gaze at this beauty:love:. More pics please. :appl:

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
Next time I have the occasion to go to a fancy dinner -- husband's birthday is this month! -- I will be sure to wear this ring! She doesn't come out much because, y'know, life (i.e., I am not a real-life princess ahhaha), but all the more reason to pay attention for the right occasions!! Thanks for remembering my ring! :geek2:

Maybe now that Daylight Savings Time is starting (or ending? can never remember) on Sunday, I could get some photos in natural light, @missy I hear you!! ;-)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful aquamarine, congrats!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results