5.12 ct. precision cut neon pinkish red spinel w/ AGL report

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
The Specs:

5.12 carats

11.52 x 8.52 x 7.10 mm

Modified brilliant cut oval

Untreated

There are not enough positive things that I can say about this stone. It is a gorgeous neon, untreated Spinel. I originally purchased this gem from another PS’er here on LT. She said that the stone was from Vietnam.

This gem glows in all types of lighting situations and maintains its color in all types of lighting, as well. In terms of clarity, there are a few veils and a fingerprint inclusion that do not reach the surface of the stone and there are two tiny crystal inclusions in the crown that I cannot see with the naked eye. The stone is definitely eye clean. Before I owned the stone, it underwent a precision re-cut by Dan Stair. Once I received the stone, I sent it to Jerry Newman so that he could polish out a natural on the girdle. In the effort of full disclosure, there are two “naturals” on the pavilion of the stone that looks like faint lines. Both Jerry and my jeweler assured me that these are “naturals” and not scratches and were merely leftover from the surface of the rough from which the stone was cut. There are no feathers, fractures, or surface reaching inclusions. Jerry also said that the polish is very good and was well done by Dan Stair.

The color is a neon pinkish red. This is the color given on the stone’s AGL prestige report and it is the color that I see in real life. It can definitely hold its own against neon mahenge spinels.

I am currently trying to fund another large project (my engagement ring!) and that is the only reason that I am willing to part with this stunning stone.

I have many pictures and videos of this stone in all types of lighting conditions. I also have non-cropped pictures of the AGL prestige report that I can send. LT forces me to resize all of my pictures. Please email me and I will provide them to you.

The first picture in the listing was taken inside. The second two are cropped pictures of the AGL prestige report and the last picture is from Dan Stair.

Here is a link to the LT listing:

http://loupetroop.com/listings/loos...n-pinkish-red-spinel-with-agl-prestige-report

Here are some pictures:

img_0877.jpg img_0876.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: 5.12 ct. precision cut neon pinkish red spinel w/ AGL re

I love this spinel so much!!!! I am sorry I am in no position to purchase it, but hope it is snatched up soon. :love:

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock

Hi Lisa,

It is a truly gorgeous stone and I will be sad to see it go. It is wonderfully neon and is by far the nicest spinel that I have encountered, and that includes the neon mahenges that I have seen!

For anyone else that might be interested, I have updated the LT listing to include links to the story of this stone before it was recut. Conny Forsberg's original pictures (before it was recut) of the stone (the 5.53 carat one) are also included in the one thread.

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock

Here is the updated LT listing and a new link to the listing (I removed the links to another forum for this post only, they are present in the LT listing)

http://loupetroop.com/listings/loos...kish-red-spinel-with-agl-prestige-report;6381

The Specs:

5.12 carats

11.52 x 8.52 x 7.10 mm

Modified brilliant cut oval

Untreated

There are not enough positive things that I can say about this stone. It is a gorgeous neon, untreated Spinel. I originally purchased this gem from another PS’er here on LT. She said that the stone was from Vietnam. A quick note about that. Some of you may recognize this stone and will remember that it was listed for $5,000 by the person that I bought it from. I offered $7,500 for the stone (because I loved it) and the seller accepted my offer as it was higher than her asking price. I am not trying to make any type of profit off of this stone. I sent it to AGL and to be re-cut at my own expense. I have not included those costs in my asking price, I merely want to recover what I spent.

This gem glows in all types of lighting situations and maintains its color in all types of lighting, as well. In terms of clarity, there are two small veils and a small fingerprint inclusion that do not reach the surface of the stone and there are two tiny crystal inclusions in the crown that I cannot see with the naked eye. The stone is definitely eye clean.

Before I owned the stone, it underwent a precision re-cut by Dan Stair. Once I received the stone, I sent it to Jerry Newman so that he could polish out a natural on the girdle. In the effort of full disclosure, there are two “naturals” on the pavilion of the stone that looks like faint lines. Both Jerry and my jeweler assured me that these are “naturals” and not scratches and were merely leftover from the surface of the rough from which the stone was cut. There are no feathers, fractures, or surface reaching inclusions. Jerry also said that the polish is very good and was well done by Dan Stair.

The color is a neon pinkish red. This is the color given on the stone’s AGL prestige report and it is the color that I see in real life. It can definitely hold its own against neon mahenge spinels.

I am currently trying to fund another large project (my engagement ring!) and that is the only reason that I am willing to part with this stunning stone.

I have many pictures and videos of this stone in all types of lighting conditions. I also have non-cropped pictures of the AGL prestige report that I can send. LT forces me to resize all of my pictures. Please email me and I will provide them to you.

The first picture in the listing was taken inside. The second two are cropped pictures of the AGL prestige report and the last picture is from Dan Stair.

I can be flexible about prices! Do not hesitate to make an offer!

If you scroll down to the bottom of the first page of the thread in the first link, you will see a picture from Conny Forsberg of this stone. Please note that the picture is labeled as 5.53 carats and was taken before the stone was recut.

Here is a direct quote from another forum of a poster describing this stone:

"The one Conny has pictured is gorgeous. The 5.5+ he's talking about is probably one of the nicest coloured spinels I've ever seen. We were together when that one was picked up. :)

A little story about that one...

Looking at it in the dealer's place, under artifical lighting. Drool worthy. I asked to take it outside first and my eyes just about bugged out. Came back in with it, trying hard to keep a poker face, handed it to Conny, casually suggested he look at it in daylight and then whispered to him "Try not to yell "holy sh*t" when you get out there". Conny then took it outside, came back in with his best "meh" face on and sealed the deal right there and then. Got into the car, we're sitting there grinning like idiots. That one is still burned into my brain. Spectacular!"

Note that my spinel is referred to as weighing 5.5+ carats but this is before the stone was recut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results