shape
carat
color
clarity

Fever Blisters/Cold Sores

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

M155_L337

Rough_Rock
So, I''ve been sick for the past week with a cold/sinus infection. Now that I have started to feel better three little monsters have popped up on my lip. I felt a little swelling last night so I was quick to put some abreva on it, as well as some medicated chapstick.

but...my lip is swollen and hurts! Plus I have a dentist apt. in a half an hour. I really don''t want them tugging on my lip while they are cleaning my teeth. It''s going to hurt!! I hope one doesn''t pop open. OW!

anyone have any idea on the best way to get rid of these little devils!?!?!?!
~Kris~

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
When you go to the dentist PLEASE ask him to prescribe you some Denavir. The stuff is absolutley hands down THE best medicine for cold sores.. Its an anti-viral.. but SO much better than abreva (which is obviously why is a prescription) and more advanced than the older topical scrips like zovirax.. Its targeted especially for cold sores on the mouth rather than just herpes.. I actually am out of denavir right now and the dr that prescribed it for me died last year (awful.. I know..) my primary won''t prescribe it cuz my insurance wont cover it.. so i got someone else to prescribe it.. and now i''m all out.. I think I have ordered it online before though too.

M155_L337

Rough_Rock
the dentist told me to just wait it out...as he''s tugging and poking at my lips and gums.

oh it hurt...

but to him, abreva will be just fine. *sigh* I go back to school tomorrow!! I''m going to have these huge herpe bumps on my lip!!!!

*tear*

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Hmm.. Do you get them a lot? Because its too late now obviously for this time around.. because you really gotta get the stuff on them right away.. but see if your Dr. will write you a prescription so you have some on hand next time.. I don''t understand why your dentist wouldn''t though.. If they won''t.. I totally would recommend trying to find some online. In fact.. I am going to do that right now. :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to get these horrible things
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
so I feel your pain. They have to run their course unfortunately in my experience, nothing you can do to get rid of them and I have tried most things, but some might have reccomendations they have found help. I am trying to think is it Acyclovir you can keep in to apply as soon as you feel the dreaded tingle? This might help when you next feel one coming.

Other than that, I have found, try not to let yourself get too tired and run down, as this can trigger them, also avoid sunlight as this too can enable the little beggers to pop up. Blistex can relieve some of the discomfort in the meantime. I was told by my doc years ago to apply surgical spirit to them, talk about shooting through the ceiling in agony
32.gif
BTW it didn't work and I DON'T recommend it
23.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
ugh..so i just looked up how much it is to order online. the prices are ridiculous. I used to get my prescription filled at walmart for $36.. (insurance didn''t cover it so that was just the price).. these online sites want between $42 and $100 PLUS shipping!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results