shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen Band Vs. WF Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treepop

Rough_Rock
I was wondering if the 4-Prong "Tiffany" Style - 14k Gold from white flash would look similar to the 18kt Yellow Gold Classic Solitaire Engagement Ring from James Allen

Both are yellow gold...it seems that the white flash band might be of better quality...I like the way the James Allen ring looks in the 3d hand image but...in the "large view" of the band it looks rather odd.

Any comments? Also I couldn''t find the band width on James Allen''s website...does anybody know what it is?

Thanks

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
eh, the basic "Tiffany" 4 prong? I bet they're the exact same ones. except for the 14K/18K thing.

treepop

Rough_Rock
Would you say that the 18k gold is going to look...um Yellower? Or darker I mean...I just have seen a very hideous looking 18k gold band and it was 18k gold.

Do you think James Allen offers a 14k version?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
18k usually looks a deeper gold color to me. I honestly like the look of 14k yellow gold better than 18k.

treepop

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/3/2006 11:34:00 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
18k usually looks a deeper gold color to me. I honestly like the look of 14k yellow gold better than 18k.

I do too

Does anyone know if James Allen Carries a 14k band?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are getting a stone from JA, then by all means try to get the setting there. It will make your life easier! But I think all you need to do is call them and tell them which setting you want and ask if they can order it in 14k. Those tiffany style settings almost always come in 14k. The online sites just can''t list all the settings that are in the catalogs just as all jewelry stores don''t carry all the settings in their showroom.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty sure you can get it in 14K yellow. It''s 2.2 mm.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results