shape
carat
color
clarity

Online life meets real life...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
So I am watching Dr. Phil last night, which I rarely do anymore since I don''t like my two year old to see it, and most of his shows are too sensationalistic with really extreme people that will most likely never be helped and I see this couple. The topic is standoff issues. The wife wants a baby RIGHT NOW and the husband wants to wait until they can afford it.

I am looking at the guy and going, I recognize him. They say her name but I don''t really recognize it but she looks a little familiar. And I think to myself, I bet his name is Steve and sure enough, a few minutes later they say his name and it is Steve. I realize I have seen her Ladies in Waiting journal on the weddingchannel.com years ago when their message boards were more user friendly. I laugh because I remember how she wanted to get engaged and she was obsessing over that and now it is having a baby. lol.

He even commented how she is always online.
Dr. PHil sided with him but said to make a plan so she has something to work towards.
Small world, huh?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Weird! I''m glad it wasn''t somebody on PS!!!

Selkie and I realized we knew each other once we posted couple pics, but at least we didn''t have the negative side, ala Dr. Phil!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I saw that Dr. Phil and I was feeling really sorry for the husband, she seemed so one track minded it was a bit frightening.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Has Dr. Phil ever been good? I've seen him on TV for a few min at a time every now and then over the years now and every single time, I'm embarassed that he's a man. Makes us all look bad. Every guy I've talked to seems to think the same thing. Oprah I don't mind. She's fairly reasonable so I don't mind if girls listen to her.

But Dr. Phil. Guy's a total... err, since I'm in the presence of ladies, I'll just call him a sleazebag. He's really just as bad as Richard Bay or Jerry Springer, just has his nose in the air about it.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2006 12:51:37 PM
Author: KimberlyH
I saw that Dr. Phil and I was feeling really sorry for the husband, she seemed so one track minded it was a bit frightening.
Yeah, and having read some of her online posts, it didn''t surprise me at all. I found it interesting though, that the husband says it is mainly a matter of $$ and she only works parttime. At least Dr. Phil sided with him. But I didn''t think it was good when the guy asked Dr. Phil if her obsessing was ''normal'' and Dr. Phil said yes. I think she is extreme.

As far as liking Dr. Phil, I don''t mind him. But since you mentioned Oprah, I am not a huge fan. I like her show sometimes and the content but she has done some really sensationistic shows recently and I think she is really full of herself. I get tired of her talking about how rich she is too.
That 50th birthday party was when I really stopped watching her much. It just went on and on. It was like she spent a year talking about it and how many celebrities were at her party.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, that sucks about Oprah''s shows being about how fabulous she is. I''ve only seen bits and pieces of her show every now and then and she seemed like a fairly sensible lady. Nothing too objectionable from a guy''s perspective... up to a certain degree of course.

Versus Sex and the City. I like that show. But that''s cuz I''m assuming it''s a tongue in cheek "poke fun at how crazy us girls can get" kinda show. If it''s actually trying to say Carrie and her friends'' freak out issues are normal (if exaggerated), oh great googly moogly...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results