shape
carat
color
clarity

chair cushions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
we have cute wooden chairs in the kitchen, and I bought blue tie on cushions for them maybe 6 months ago. Well, all of the cushions have ripped away from the ties.
Here is a basic picture of what I am talking about, although our chairs are a different style.

olive-pattern-chair-cushion.jpg

Does anyone have any recommended brands that do not rip away? Or will I just need to suck it up and mend them every 2 weeks or so? They were inexpensive to begin with, so I wouldn't mind getting new sturdy cushions that would last.

Has anyone had this problem before?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t used these before, but I have a thought... are they ripping because the cushions are sliding around on the chair? Maybe get some anti-slip rug padding and cut it to size to fit under the cushion. Could help keep it in place so the ties don''t have a lot of stress on them. Just a guess, but I hope it helps!

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
that''s exactly the problem. They can''t handle 180 lbs of my hubby''s 6''2" @$$ leaning forward on the chair. I will try the rug slip pads, great idea! never thought of that!

:)

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
If that doesn''t work, you could also try getting some clear zip ties and somehow attach those to the cushion and then the chair. But, you know, in a decorative fashion! This is precisely why our chairs are upholstered. They would never stand up to our habits either!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results