shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for some advise on setting and cut of diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

utis1

Rough_Rock

I''m new to all this stuff and to be honest it has been a little overwhelming. I have a few questions and any help would be appreciated.

1st. This is the setting I think I have decided on. It is a Richard Landi Ger-598 I have found it
goldoldgold.com, but wanted to know of anyother place this could be found for price comparison.http://www.goodoldgold.com/show.php?image=GER598__l.jpg#script

2nd. What cut/type of stone would look best in this setting?
My girlfriend seems to like the square looking stones. I am considering Aprox. a 1.3-1.6 size stone
in Asscher or Cushion. Which brings me to my third question.

3rd. I like the Cushion Brilliant cut (aka. Square H&A) but when searching for this how do you know if it
is an H&A versus a Cushion with a variation of this cut.
I would be greateful for any help as I am not very knowledgeable about these things.
Sorrry having trouble posting picture

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m seeing a cushion in that ring.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2006 12:54:26 PM
Author:utis1

I''m new to all this stuff and to be honest it has been a little overwhelming. I have a few questions and any help would be appreciated.

1st. This is the setting I think I have decided on. It is a Richard Landi Ger-598 I have found it
goldoldgold.com, but wanted to know of anyother place this could be found for price comparison.http://www.goodoldgold.com/show.php?image=GER598__l.jpg#script

2nd. What cut/type of stone would look best in this setting?
My girlfriend seems to like the square looking stones. I am considering Aprox. a 1.3-1.6 size stone
in Asscher or Cushion. Which brings me to my third question.

3rd. I like the Cushion Brilliant cut (aka. Square H&A) but when searching for this how do you know if it
is an H&A versus a Cushion with a variation of this cut.

I would be greateful for any help as I am not very knowledgeable about these things.
Sorrry having trouble posting picture
The round is nice, a cushion would be great too - I probably wouldn''t do an asscher in that setting... IMO the asschers look best in settings that accentuate them rather than contrast them.

utis1

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advise. I agree the ascher might look a little out of place in that setting, but it is such a nice looking cut

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a cushion would look stunning in that.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I agree, a cushion would look great in that setting, maybe better than the round. To me, the cushion is a soft, romantic, old-fashioned looking cut, and it would work well with the feeling of that setting. Asschers are gorgeous stones, but they have a completely different feeling than that setting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree about the cushion. And Richard Landi is expensive but absolutely gorgeous!!! Jonathan can find you a great cushion in your budget range and then you can have them do the setting, too. There''s a lot less hassle that way. I don''t know of any other vendors carrying RL anyway.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I am in total agreement...I''d go with a cushion (though I could see a square H&A in there too). I''ve heard that the square H&As face up pretty small for their weight, though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results