shape
carat
color
clarity

I''M ENGAGED!!! TAKE ME OFF THE LIST!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Well, the wait is finally over for me because we just got engaged last night!!!
9.gif
I thought he was going to do it last weekend, since it was a long weekend, but it didn't happen then. I am so estatic right now and still can't believe it finally happened! Okay - here is our story!!!

On Thursday when we were having dinner together, he told me to take off from work today because he wanted to take me somewhere for Sunday and Monday. We ended up driving to Moody Gardens in Galveston, TX (it's about 1 hour south of Houston). He choose that destination because it was one of first places we spent the entire day together. That was over 6 years ago!

He booked a room at the Moody Gardens Hotel and had the our full day passes reserved and everything. We went to all the exhibits there (Rainforest Pyramid, Aquarium Pyramid, Discovery Pyramid) and went to a 3D IMAX showing at 7 p.m. Originally I was so tired, I didn't feel like going to the IMAX showing, but he convinced me to go eventually. When the showing was over, we got back to our room around 8 pm. I opened up our room door and was so shocked! The room was covered in rose petals and chocolates. There was a bottle of my favorite Riesling and a plate of chococate covered strawberries. Apparently, he worked with the girl at the front desk to make this all happen! My favorite part was his speech. All the stuff he said to me was so sweet, and he looked so adorable because he was so nervous! I cried and he teared up. I couldn't have imagined a better proposal. He is so not the romantic type, and I was so touched that he actually had a plan and went all out just to make it more special for me! It was so worth the wait!!!
36.gif

For those who don't remember, my ring is a 1.23 G VS2 square radiant in Michael B. petite princess pave setting. He took pictures of me with the ring, but it's still in his camera for now. I promise to post the pictures really soon!
1.gif

But for now, here are the specs of the diamond:

Shape: Radiant
Carat weight: 1.23
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Dimensions: 6.24 x 6.16 x 4.07
L/W ratio: 1.01
Depth: 66.1%
Table: 63%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Girdle: Thin

Ring size: 3 (really a 2.75)

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!
36.gif

The proposal sounds so sweet and romantic, and I can''t wait to see pictures of your ring! It sounds beautiful.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
yayyyyyyyyyyy
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Congrats!!!!! what a sweet proposal!
30.gif

M~

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! That is just fabulous! I cannot wait to see photos!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! Can''t wait to see pics.
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow-what a romantic proposal! Im so happy for you and dying to see pics of the ring

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds like a great story! congrats to you both! PICTURES!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!
1.gif
Waiting for hand pics, too! Your ring sounds beautiful.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, sounds like a very romantic proposal. Can''t wait for the pics. Best wishes to you both!!!
1.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations you lucky, lucky girl!!
36.gif
I can''t wait to see that ring!
9.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like another perfect proposal! From one riesling girl to another, congratulations!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats radiantgirl. wonderful proposal story and I can''t wait to see pics of your ring.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! Sounds LOVELY and can''t wait to see pics!!

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ladies for your kind comments! You guys are the greatest! It was very romantic, and I am so proud of him for being able to put together everything the way it was. I forgot to mention that the room he reserved for us had its own hot tub! It was within the sliding glass doors between our room and the patio. So romantic!

As for the pictures, I will attempt to post a couple of pictures on here from my camera, but these are not that great. My fiance (sounds so weird to say that, still getting used to it) has the better pictures because he knows how to take pictures unlike me. Also, I don't know how to load more than one picture per post. Can anyone tell me how?

Here is a picture of my cutie patootie after the proposal at dinner!

tu 070906 copy.jpg

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
My ring in the box:

ring 2 copy.jpg

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Here it is on my hand:

ring on hand 1 copy.jpg

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Another one on my hand:

ring on hand 2 copy.jpg

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Last one on my hand. BTW, the diamond does not look yellow at all. It's icy white in person! The lighting in my room is a very bright yellow, so that's why you may see color.

ring on hand 3 copy.jpg

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
And lastly, a picture of the happy couple!
1.gif
When I get better pictures, I will definitely start a Show Me The Ring thread, so you guys can go check it out over there as well.

us 070906 copy.jpg

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! Both of you look sooo happy and the ring is gorgeous (I''m hoping to get a radiant in my ring too)

Wear it in good health and best of luck in planning your wedding!!!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, the ring is gorgeous! Congratulations again, radiantgirl!
1.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! Your fiance did a wonderful job planning -- sounds like a beautiful proposal!! Love the ring
30.gif
!

jen

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
You two are such a cute couple and the ring is gorgeous and the proposal sounds sooo romantic! Congrats!

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
SeattleSparkle, Equestrienne, sk8rjen, and Cinderella - Thank you for all your compliments! If you guys want to see more pictures, here are 3 more up close pictures of the ring:

Picture 080 copy.jpg

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Another one...

Picture 081 copy.jpg

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Last one for now...I didn''t realize how big these pictures were. Sorry!

Picture 082 copy.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, what a sweet proposal. And all the more special since he''s not normally the "romantic type" as you say. I love it when guys get out of their element and go out on a limb for their ladies. And your ring is BREATHTAKING!!! So icy white, and dainty. The stone, though, looks like a boulder on you! Lucky you to have a 2.75 size finger...any sized stone on that teeny hand is going to look humongous!!!

CONGRATS!!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Radiantgirl!

WOW! what a fabulous ring! Love it, and especially on a size 2.75 ring finger. You look very, very happy. Congrats on your new engagement!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is simply gorgeous. I love, love, love michael b pave rings. your stone really looks great with the pave band. congrats on your engagement.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! And congratulations on your engagement!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results