shape
carat
color
clarity

Tips on finding small, matching, colored stones? Ideas for wedding band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kristy_lyn

Shiny_Rock
I wound up going waaayyy traditional for my engagement ring. Simple solitaire in 18K yellow gold.

Now, I''m starting to think about the wedding band. So, a few questions for you experts... :)

1. Where''s the best place to buy matching, high quality, colored stones? Maybe a place that also does some custom setting work... I''m thinking possibly sapphires?

2. Do you have any suggestions for colored stones that look good with 18K YG?

3. Do you have any pictures of thin wedding bands with colored stones, or any ideas for me?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
If you''re thinking of an eternity type of band, then I would think you''d want the jeweler to source the stones rather than you trying to find a bunch of small stones that match.

With 18k yg I like emeralds or rubies. Spessartite garnets would look good too.

To name a few, signed pieces, fay cullen, the natural sapphire company all have gemstone eternity bands.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I agree with kismet...let the jeweler source the stones.

For an eternity band, I personally would stick with sapphires (which come in different colors) for hardness/durability reasons.

If top top quality sapphires were a priority, I''d probably stick with vendors who specialize in sapphires...

JMO
1.gif

widget

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i agree to with the above advice. only when its the main stone do i really think its really really worth the time and effort to get super educated and do the ultimate search for the perfect stone. your vendor/jeweler will have good sources for small matching stones no matter what you decide on. just make sure you preview them before they are set.

movie zombie

kristy_lyn

Shiny_Rock
Which companies that sell the top sapphires also do custom design work?

I know that I definately don''t want a full eternity band... I think that I may want a few bezel set throughout the band.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
So you want something like this? (Tiffany''s)
12040539_FL_LRG_1.jpg

or this (Green Lake Jewelry)

BND_M_10082.jpg

or something a little fancier (Bijoux Extraordinaire)

Woodland-Flowers-Engraved-Band-24.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results