shape
carat
color
clarity

Puppies, puppies, puppies!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
As a fun thing to do with the kids during summer break, we decided to foster a mama dog named Waffle and her two pups. They were at a rescue agency but were too small to be there with all of the barking dogs. They are so cute! The mama is a chihuahua/terrier mix and it looks like the pups are two rottweiler mice. Take a look!

L1000999.JPG

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the pups nursing...

L1000997.JPG

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Mama Waffle...

L1000984.JPG

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
One of the pups...

L1000971.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
mama is a cutie and babies look like fat seals! good and health all of them!

movie zombie

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Waffle is adorable. Her pups are so cute too. What a nice thing to do!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwwww! Soooo adorable! I could never do something like this because I wouldn''t be able to let them go when the time came...

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/3/2006 3:24:08 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Awwwww! Soooo adorable! I could never do something like this because I wouldn''t be able to let them go when the time came...
I totally hear you on that one. I''d love to keep them all. However, the nighttime barking serves as excellent pet birth-control
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been asked to foster momma cats... but I''ve declined to date mostly because they''ve all been pregnant mommas... and I''d have to keep the new born kittens secluded from my two male cats and I just don''t have the space. If my house were bigger, I''d totally do it though.

I LOVE the Momma. I''d adopt her in a heartbeat. The puppies are so cute... they TOTALLY look like fat seals. It''s a wonderful thing you are doing! And so great for the kids! Can''t wait to hear updates! What''s waffle''s personality like?

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/3/2006 5:46:35 PM
Author: Gypsy

I LOVE the Momma. I''d adopt her in a heartbeat. The puppies are so cute... they TOTALLY look like fat seals. It''s a wonderful thing you are doing! And so great for the kids! Can''t wait to hear updates! What''s waffle''s personality like?

Waffle is a total sweetheart. For a dog with a questionable first couple of years of life, she is a trusting sweetie. She walks well on a leash, knows "sit", is learning not to bark at every noise (with, I must admit, the training assistance of my trusty water squirt bottle.) Her only quirks are oozy eyes (a la white poodle red-orange eye streaks) and a tendency to go hysterical when she sees anyone on a bicycle. It still surprises me that she is OK with us touching her puppies, etc.

And OH the puppies! One is a totally agressive guy a good half pound heavier (we call him Bear) and a little sweetheart that we call Bumble. Bumble is the one that I''ll have to work really hard not to keep....he''s the one in the last pic. Bear spends a lot of time whimpering and Bumble seems to think his job is to cheer his sad brother up.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too cute! What a great project for you and your kids!

widget

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!!!
23.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I''m IN LOVE with all of them!!!

Seeing pics like this is totally dangerous for me....
32.gif
....but keep them coming!

Too cute!
widget

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww, so cute! And the pups do look like a seal! I think what you''re doing is wonderful! That''s how we obtained our 2 cats through ''foster'' parents per say. I''d be a temp. home but it would be hard to give them up
7.gif
I''d become attatched for sure!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, they are so cute! That is so nice of you to foster them!
12.gif

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is a really generous thing you are doing fostering this family! I volunteer at the local humane society and those kennels are no place for newborn pups (or any dog...)! I hope mom and pups all find good homes!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Oh how adorable!!! Submit these pics to cuteoverload.com Wallermama!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh, the water squirt bottle. A must-have for any dog trainer. Excellent for ''catching them in the act'' at a distance, without them being ''punished'' by you directly. I see those pooches are in excellent hands!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are so gorgeous and well done Wallermom for doing this
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AWWWWWWWWW!! Too cute!! Good on you wallermama, what a great thing to do. Bless!!
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Such a wonderful thing you are doing Wallermama and those dogs are just precious!!!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a fantastic summer project for you and the kids. I would love to be able to have the room and the time to do that someday.
1.gif
The pics are adorable.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh those little pups are adorable, in that first picture one is all stretched out with the foot out...too cute!!!!!

my own pup is napping, exhausted by days of 4th of july and travel excitement. it takes a long time for recovery. hehee.

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
Of course, what cuties. God bless!
9.gif

And many thanks to you for your part in fighting the overwhelmingly tragic problem of pet overpopulation. By fostering these dogs, you give them hope and save three more souls from dying horrible deaths in shelters.

Please, please--anyone looking to get a dog (or cat), please go to petfinder.com. Any size, any age, all breeds and mixes. Be a part of the solution!
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH Puppies, I am such a softy for puppies puppies puppies. They are absolutley adorable. What a wonderful, kind hearted thing you are doing.

Whenever DH and I see puppies, we want to take them all home. Our Mazie wouldn''t like that though LOL. She is snoring at my feet right now.

Linda

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: Apsara
Please, please--anyone looking to get a dog (or cat), please go to petfinder.com. Any size, any age, all breeds and mixes. Be a part of the solution!
1.gif
Isn''t www.petfinders.com the greatest? I''ve spent hours there! You can punch in your location, and see a huge assortment of available pets!

widget

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/5/2006 3:49:01 PM
Author: widget

Author: Apsara
1.gif
Isn''t www.petfinders.com the greatest? I''ve spent hours there! You can punch in your location, and see a huge assortment of available pets!

widget
Is it ever!!!
1.gif

I know the type of pet one has is a very personal and subjective matter but having been involved in rescue and comapnion animal causes for some time, I just cannot fathom not adopting or rescuing an animal. It makes me so angry...and the overpopulation problem--it doesn''t have to be!!!! Why must people be so cruel? Then again, look how cruel we can be to eachother. In my little existenc eon this planet, I hope to make a difference, however small, in the crusade to end pet overpopulation, gassing, abuse and the waste of beautiful, innocent souls.

I have four dogs and each was a rescue. They are my heart.
16.gif

I just read an amazing quote from an author who wrote a book about a remarkable pet pig (a "runt" who was saved from slaughter) who was beloved by a whole town. When asked what did the pig teach you, she replied, "That great souls can appear among us, at any time, in any form." Some of the greatest souls I have known have been animals.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Apsara,

That quote touched my heart. It is so true. These precious animals accept us for who we are and love us for who we are.

Linda

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Going to the rescue agency to pick up these three was quite an eye-opener for both me and my kids. There were so many dogs and cats that had just been tossed aside by their owners. Dogs that had been injured and then abandoned by their owners who didn''t want to pay to treat the injuries (but could have if they had chosen to). One dog came with its eye actually hanging out and the rescuers had to operate because the owner wouldn''t. Sigh.

On the other hand, though, we were told by many agencies not to rescue because we have small children. And our vet agreed, saying that so few dogs that have been rescued are 100% reliable around children because they may not have been around them in their critical period of development. Waffle was an unusual fit in that she seems to not have any concerns about children at all. Maybe destiny will find us with a Waffle or a Bumble or a Bear long term....
2.gif
Darn those puppies are cute!

I''ll take some more pics soon!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
And yes, petfinders.com is the best. It''s how I found out about the agency we got Waffle and the pups through...

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey WM....those pups are so sweet! Waffle looks like a born mama and her babies are beautiful. It''s so great that you and your family have taken them in.
36.gif
Enjoy your time together!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results