shape
carat
color
clarity

I have a HUSBAND!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Hello friends! Just wanted to check in and share a bit about my big day!!! Along with a couple preliminary pics, taken by my girlfriends. Pro pics aren''t ready yet.

So the wedding was at 1pm on Sunday, at my parents'' home. The ceremony was outside underneath a tent...and there was a 20% chance of rain......sure enough, at aroung 12:40, the wind starts blowing and the sky opens up. It POURS. Strangely, I''m not that bothered, I just decide that I''ll walk down the aisle holding up my train (it was small) and everything will be OK! I was sooooo ready at that point to just get it over with and be married!!! hehehe. Anyway, at around 12:53 or so, the rain starts letting up, and by 12:58, it had stopped completely, and the sun was shining! PERFECT timing! We have heard from friends at the wedding that rain on your wedding day means that you will be blessed with wealth, so I think that things turned out perfectly....just a LITTLE rain, stopping at the perfect time. :)

So the ceremony was perfect, beautiful, warm, happy, intimate, everything I had wished for, and the reception (also held in my parents'' home) was the same. Really, there is NOTHING I would change, from the string trio, to the caterers, to my flowers....the way the girls and guys looked...everything was perfect, and it was all very "us." :)

We had gotten an offer from a family friend several months ago for him to drive us away in his 1930 Model A Ford, but a week before the wedding, he was still hesitant to give us a definite yes, and his full-time business was extreeeemely busy right then, so I had just about decided that he wouldn''t be able to do it, which was fine. But lo and behold, about 30 minutes before we had planned to make our getaway, there he was, with the car, with his handlebar mustache neatly groomed, suited up and ready to take us away! We were thrilled! The car was fantastic! A great end to a fabulous day. :)

Anyway, here are a couple of pics to sate you guys until the pro pics are online. I''ll post the link to them when they''re up.

First, the flags on my parents'' house honoring our international union! :)

ec3d6d05.jpg

My Daddy walking me toward the tent, and yes, I''m holding up the train of my skirt so I don''t have to drag it across the wet driveway! hehe. I did let it down once we got into the tent, though.

7e517456.jpg

During the ceremony...

a26928c2.jpg

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Another ceremony shot.

87fdedb4.jpg

The kiss!!!!

e01b19d3.jpg

Being introduced as Mr. and Mrs.! How exciting!!!

377a07d9.jpg

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
So happy!!

038b36ec.jpg

During the best man''s toast:

bf36e70c.jpg

In the getaway car, immediately after being covered in rice! I had rice coming out of my hair for the rest of the night!

82b77d72.jpg

Driving away! The little guy in the khaki suit was our youngest groomsman...our nephew, Blake. He''s 10, and soooo proud to be a groomsman. :)

666ce794.jpg

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww, SDL!!! Hehehehe! Thanks so much! :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH YAY! It''s alway so beautiful after a short rain... just the perfect time for a wedding. You look so happy!!! And your dad looks SO INCREDIBLY PROUD!!! CONGRATS!!! Handsome hubby and a NICE kiss too!
31.gif

Glad everything went as well, or better than you wanted. CONGRATS!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Gypsy! You''re right, the rain actually perked everything up, the leaves were sooo green! Yes, my Dad is the quintessential proud papa...can you tell?? :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY Annie!! Congratulations, you guys look so happy in the pictures!!! Love the story about the friend with the car showing up right on time. Classic!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations. you got all the good luck that rain brings and some sunshine to boot!!! just perfect!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, you look so pretty. Loved all the pics, congrats!!!!
36.gif
35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous!! You look wonderful and very happy......Thanks for sharing!!

cheers--Sharon

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Mara, Lulu, and Kaleigh! :) We were, indeed, super happy!!!!! The whole day was deliciously surreal. :)

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Annie, you looked BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations on your wedding day!

You both look so happy
1.gif

Isn''t having a HUSBAND grand?
2.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
You look radiant!
And you both look so cute. I love the picture of the kiss, super sweet, and made me cry!
Congratulations!!!!!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Al and Tybee!!

Yes, having a husband is so much fun! We have had a blast during this past week, just being silly and calling each other "husband" and "wife" at every opportunity. :)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! You look gorgeous! I remember those plow-through rainstorms of Houston. Glad they swooped through before, but not during, your big moment.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
How beautiful! Congratulations to you and your new hubby!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
what a beautiful day! if you hadn''t mentioned it rained, I woulda never guessed!!! and that car is awesome!

congrats!!!

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww, you look SO beautiful! Yay! Bring more of those pics on, girl!
9.gif
Congratulations to you and your new hubby!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOUMedGal - your pictures are lovely, and you looked so gorgeous! Congratulations!

One of the cutest things about being married is calling each other "husband" and "wife" - I still giggle a little bit when he calls me his wife.
1.gif

I can''t wait to see more pics!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~OOOHH!! Your pics are amazing and you two look ecstatic!!! Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I WANT TO SEE MORE PICTURES!!! You looked GORGEOUS! I want to see more of that DRESS!!! :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2006 7:25:27 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
One of the cutest things about being married is calling each other ''husband'' and ''wife'' - I still giggle a little bit when he calls me his wife.
1.gif
lol how true is that re: the wife thing lauren...we are in year 3 and i still get a little ''thrill'' when he introduces me as his wife...hehee. us girls are so silly.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much, everyone!!! I''ll post more pics as soon as I get ''em!! :)

Lauren, I totally know what you mean! hehe. All week we''ve been saying "Hellooooo, husband!" and "Good morning, wifey!" hahaha, we''re such goofballs. But hey, it''s fun. :)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations! The photos are beautiful-you both look so happy

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Oh congrats!! It all looks lovely and so fun! I think my fave photo of the bunch is you guys walking back down the aisle together -- so sweet and full of love!
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Annie,

Congratulations! You look beautiful and he looks so handsome. Having met both of you in person, I can honestly say I know that the two you will have an amazing marriage and happy life together. Can''t wait to see you soon!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pictures are goergous! Congrats on your new *husband* and wishing you many many years of happiness together!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
looks like it was a perfect day!!! everything looks great and u both look so happy!!!!! can''t wait to see some more pics =D

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much, everyone! :)

Apple, thanks for that sweet comment! I can''t wait to get together with all of you guys, now that we''re all MARRIED! hehehe!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS
36.gif
You''re a gorgeous couple!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results