shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone ever been to FIJI?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
I thought I would start a new thread from my previous posting of "Is this completely inappropriate?.." Anyone ever been to FIJI and have suggestions on where to go and what to do there? Hopefully when we come back I''ll have my ring. I''ll be sure to take pictures and post for PSers to see.

Recap of my old thread:

OH MY GOSH!! I have the absolute BEST boyfriend/soon to be FI, in the the world!!! He just told me the vacation he planned for us next week is not to California like I thought - we''re going to FIJI instead!!!

WHOOOHOOO!!!! I can''t believe he pulled this off without me finding out. He wanted total control of this 2 week vacation to CA. I was happy to oblige since my ring wasn''t ready for our trip in May like we thought it would be, I figured he might propose on our trip to CA. The only thing I told him I wanted was to go to French Laundry - he even helped me call a million times until we finally got a reservation. He is such a sneaker!!

Apparently, since there are two separate flights on different airlines he was going to let me think we were going to CA until we were at our stop over at LAX and then let me know we were boarding another flight. He is so cute. He decided to tell me now though to cheer me up a little and so that I could do some planning of activities while we''re there. He''s been working so much that he said he booked on the hotel and airfare stuff but really hasn''t checked out what to do around there other than lay on the beach and scuba dive.

Here''s what I know so far and I should probably start another thread for advice. We are going for a week to a resort on the Yasawa islands which is north of the main island. Then we are going to a resort called Tokoriki in the Mamanucas (sp?) for another week. Has anyone ever been there? Does anyone have any suggestions on things to do? Places that must be seen?

I AM SO EXCITED!! Kind of makes me less upset about that silly girl trying on my ring.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Hehehe that is so awesome! GOtta love those sneeky boys! I have no clue about Fiji. And just a thought but perhaps more people would look at this thread if you put it in the hangout. Just a thought. And good luck and have fun planniing a little for your trip!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check out Google... try to find trip reviews from people (maybe epinions.com) and go from there! Have fun..!

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
How do I move the topic to the Hangout? If the PS Administrator could do that I would really appreciate it. Thanks for the suggestion.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
is your passport up to date?

signed "mom" the nag

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
ladykemma - it''s funny you should mention that. My passport expires in November. I''ve been searching Google like suggested for things to do and came across a few websites with conflicting information. One says the passport has to be good for 3 months AFTER the date of departure. The other one says it has to be good 6 months AFTER date of departure. If it''s 3 mo. then I am ok, if its 6 mo. then I''m in trouble.
emsmileo.gif
Maybe I should call the Fiji embassy in D.C. to make sure. I hope its not 6mo. or else I''m going to be scrambling around next week trying to get one.

I found the website for the one place www.tokoriki.com - It looks awesome!! I can''t believe he planned this whole thing by himself. Maybe I''ll let him plan more vacations from now on.
emsmile.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
this has happened to SOOOO many of my friends
friend, brightly "my hubby is taking me to egypt next week on a business trip!"
kemma the nag says: "is your passport up to date?"
friend "uhhhh, no it''s two years expired"
me: "well, get after it"

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
try tripadvisor.com and go to the fiji forum-I plan all my holidays after reading the forums on that site

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Thanks I will try trip adviser. I saw that we can take a day trip to Castaway where Tom Hanks filmed the movie and also to where Brooke Shields filmed Blue Lagoon. Those may be something to consider.

If anyone has been there and has specific places to see and do I would really appreciate any input as now I have less than a week to plan. I''m really glad he told me though cause it means a lot less to pack - what else do I need besides a bathing suit and some lotion, right?

Also, we did find out that the passport expiration must be only the 3mo. from date of departure from Fiji so it should be okay. Definitely a big relief.

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
I think we are going to get married in Fiji next summer, so i can''t wait to see what you think. where are you staying? I have done tons of research, and the Tripadvisor forums are a great resource. Have fun!

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
I just read your original post and saw that you said where you were staying. I got excited when i saw Fiji- and i think i stopped reading!

Are you staying at Yasawa Island Resort? It is supposed to be great. We might stay at Navutu Stars on Yasawa for a week before we head to Qamea.

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
CourtHorn - we are staying at the Nanuya Island Resort in the Yasawas. My BF booked the expensive place Tokoriki figuring we would relax there and then the more moderate place on the Yasawas figuring we would do all our travelling and excursions there. Apparently, there is a 7 day boat pass you can buy and travel all around the Yasawas which is what we might end up doing so I don''t know if we''ll be staying there the whole time we booked it. We may just jump around on some of the islands if we can. It is supposed to be beautiful there.

Ill let you know how it works out when we get back and hopefully I''ll have some good pictures of Fiji and my e-ring
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
Bula!

I went to Fiji a few years ago staying on one of the islands for a week to relax and play. The islands are beautiful and the ferry ride alone through the Mamanucas and/or Yasawa islands are breathtaking. You will have a wonderful time.

Remember when you get there you are on Fiji time which is a go slow (helps with relaxing) ......we just relaxed, did a lot of watersports, went fishing and generally whatever we felt like with no agenda......lovely.

The Fijian people are very, very sweet and friendly. I definately plan to explore other islands in the future. I am sure you will love it all. Have a fabulous time!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband went YEARS ago and loved it...do not know much else to tell you but he loved it and still talks about it...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results