shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with diamond bracelet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewerlylover

Rough_Rock
I am new here and this is my first post. I have been reading and learning for quite awhile though. I am having trouble choosing what I want in the way of a diamond bracelet. I am thinking of:

Whiteflash 2.5ct or 3ct shared prong bracelet. I have seen a pic of Sundial''s 3ct, but does anyone have a hand shot pic of the 2.5 ct to compare. It is hard to buy w/out seeing. I have tried to find one at a store with similiar one to try on, but haven''t had much luck.

OR:

At a local jewelry store for the same price I can get a line tennis bracelet 4 ct but the stone would be G/H and SI 2/I.

Can anyone help me? I am looking for good color and sparkle as my main objectives.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to pricescope! I absolutely LOVE my 3 carat diamond bangle from Whiteflash and I literally get compliments on it everytime I wear it out somewhere! When I was considering a tennis bracelet I tried to get Whiteflash to send me a comparison pic of two different sizes and they couldn't because they didn't have any of the bracelets made up. Personally though I think you would still get a pretty nice blingy look from the 2.5 carat bangle and it is a considerable savings!!! Renee at Whiteflash told me she wore one that size and had a woman actually buy it right off her wrist! I can tell you that the tennis bracelets I tried on at retail stores did NOT have the quality of diamonds that I have in this bangle. They are incredible!!!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I have the 3 carat tennis bracelet, and I really like it. The diamonds are extremely sparkly. I don''t know if anyone on here has the 2.5 carat bangle, but I personally prefer the tennis bracelet. I don''t like anything too tight on my wrist, and I think the bangle would bother me. The diamonds are 12.5 pointers in the bangle you want and they are about 6 pointers in the 3 carat tennis bracelet. I don''t know how that translates sizewise, but I don''t think the 12.5 pointers are twice as large as the 6.3 ones. There''s probably a couple of tenths of millimeters size difference. The bangle is also $575 more dollars for the white gold one. As you can see I''m biased towards the tennis bracelet, but you are the one who has to make the choice. They are both beautiful bracelets; you just have to decide which style you will like better.

I would definitely buy Whiteflash''s bracelet over any in a jewelry store especially a mall store. Whiteflash''s diamonds are all hearts and arrows in these bracelets, and they are all F and G colored stones. The diamonds in my bracelet are as white as can be, and as I already said, they are very sparkly.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I have the same bracelet that Coda72 has and I like it really well. She''s right, the diamonds are very sparkly. It is weird buying something that you can only see on the Internet but you do have 10 days to return it if by some weird chance you don''t love it.

jewerlylover

Rough_Rock
Are both of your bracelets from Whiteflash? Can you really tell a difference comparing them to other diamonds? I am very new and just learning so don''t laugh. Is there really enough difference for use in a bracelet between the ACA diamonds and say SI/I diamionds of G/H to justify the extra expense? Are the bangles as comfortable as a tennis style? Is is so hard to decide w/o seeing the bracelet on my wrist. I leave in Houston, but Whiteflash doesn''t have any made up.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your questions and concerns are perfectly reasonable. It is the CUT of the Whiteflash diamonds in these bracelets that makes them more sparkly and pretty than typical retail store diamonds. I have found the bangle to be very comfortable to wear and it is not tight on my wrist at all, but I wouldn't turn down a tennis bracelet either! The things I prefer about the bangle are the fact that you get bigger diamonds for less money since they are only on half the bracelet and because of the shared prong design the stones are very close together and they look like a single line of brilliant diamonds. Good luck with whatever you choose!

jewerlylover

Rough_Rock
Wouldn''t it be great if we could see them on at Whiteflash. I have a feeling that it would sell itself once on, but it is still hard w/out seeing it in person.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/26/2006 9:10:12 AM
Author: jewelrylover
Are both of your bracelets from Whiteflash? Can you really tell a difference comparing them to other diamonds? I am very new and just learning so don''t laugh. Is there really enough difference for use in a bracelet between the ACA diamonds and say SI/I diamionds of G/H to justify the extra expense? Are the bangles as comfortable as a tennis style? Is is so hard to decide w/o seeing the bracelet on my wrist. I leave in Houston, but Whiteflash doesn''t have any made up.

I had a tennis bracelet from Helzberg before I lost it, and now I have the Whiteflash one. The Whiteflash one is by far superior. You really can''t compare jewelry store bracelets to Whiteflash ones. You''d be comparing apples to oranges. For the most part, jewelry stores don''t use anything close to ideal cut diamonds in their bracelets. If you were to ask a jewelry store to make you a bracelet with all ideal cut stones nothing lower than G color and VS clarity, it would likely cost much more than one from Whiteflash. In fact, you should see about doing that. Then you can see what the price difference really is, and you would be comparing apples to apples.

Also, as far as style, you probably could go to Whiteflash and see the bracelets without diamonds set in them. I think sometimes they have fully assembled bracelets sitting around. If they have nothing to show you, use the jewelry stores to try on the two styles and decide which one you like better.

jewerlylover

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have a picture of the Whiteflash tennis bracelet? I have seen the 3 ct bangle, does anyone have another size bangle? Thanks for the help.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2006 9:31:09 AM
Author: coda72

You really can''t compare jewelry store bracelets to Whiteflash ones. You''d be comparing apples to oranges. For the most part, jewelry stores don''t use anything close to ideal cut diamonds in their bracelets. If you were to ask a jewelry store to make you a bracelet with all ideal cut stones nothing lower than G color and VS clarity, it would likely cost much more than one from Whiteflash.
All of what Coda is saying here is true.

In fact, in some cases, even asking the jewelry store to use all ideal stones is fruitless because they can''t (or won''t) do it (price notwithstanding). I had found a 7-stone wedding band in a local fine jewelry store that I liked, but I wanted two modifications. I wanted 2-tone (18K yellow shank and platinum seat for the damonds), and I wanted ideal stones. I asked the local jeweler to quote me for these modifications, and they replied they couldn''t do it with platinum (only white gold), and they couldn''t source ideal stones to do it.

I subsequently had WF make exactly what I wanted......and the price was a bit less than the band of inferior quality stones and less expensive metal that I had tried on in the jewelry store.

Date: 5/26/2006 9:31:09 AM
Author: coda72

Also, as far as style, you probably could go to Whiteflash and see the bracelets without diamonds set in them. I think sometimes they have fully assembled bracelets sitting around.
Again, true. Mara and I were just at Whiteflash a few weeks ago, and I posted pictures of the diamond tennis bracelet setting she tried on (sans diamonds).

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

jewerlylover

Rough_Rock
That bracelet is beautiful. Does anyone have a pic of a smaller Whiteflash bracelet on a wrist?

jewerlylover

Rough_Rock
I have another question. Does Whiteflash have a 4 prong tennis bracelet? I don''t see one on the website, but thought I read somewhere about one.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
jewelry lover, they can make a 4 prong one i believe or get a stock setting and set ACA''s into it i think...i asked about it since if i got a tennis that''d be what i''d want.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/26/2006 6:47:06 PM
Author: jewelrylover
I have another question. Does Whiteflash have a 4 prong tennis bracelet? I don''t see one on the website, but thought I read somewhere about one.

The one I bought that al posted is a 4 prong. I liked it because it''s an X prong style and not a box like four prong that makes the stones look square. They have smaller ones 3 ctw I think. The only comment I have is that it looks better in real life than in the pictures.

jewerlylover

Rough_Rock
Noobie, what size is your wife''s bracelet for comparison? It is stunning!

I looked at the x prong bracelets on Whiteflash and have a question.

The 3 ct on is 2,750 almost the shape as the 3 prong. The 4 ct one is 6,240 while the 3 prong of the same size is 4,450. Is that right? Is there that much more gold in the 4ct than 3ct? There is not that much difference in the different sizes of 3 prong.

feathers

Rough_Rock
Jewelrylover,

Have you checked out flower12''s 3ct tennis bracelet? Lots of lovely pictures in that thread.

Link

jewerlylover

Rough_Rock
Yes, I have Feathers. Thank you for the link. Her bracelet is beautiful, but I think I prefer the 4 prong.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results