shape
carat
color
clarity

In the 80''s?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
What sorts of 80''s things are still lurking around your jewelry box? Just curious...

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
A 14 kt. yellow gold diamond heart pendant, a 14 kt. yellow gold 2 carat diamond tennis bracelet, and an 18 kt. yellow gold emerald and diamond cocktail ring. I also had 1/3 carat each diamond stud earrings in 4 prong yellow gold baskets from the eighties, but I had those reset in white gold bezels and gave them to my daughter when I upgraded. The other stuff I still have, but rarely wear.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a wide band that is baguettes and rounds and screams the 80''s. I had it rhodium plated but it still is screaming for a re do.
3.gif

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
My gold name ring, got that in 1988, for my confirmation! LOL :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
a pair of gold and blue topaz earrings I received for my HS graduation..

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2006 7:10:19 PM
Author:reader
What sorts of 80''s things are still lurking around your jewelry box? Just curious...
what like sequined shoulder pads? In the 80''s I was in college wearing my signet ring, a tee shirt and jeans

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I think I still have a herringbone chain somewhere...

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2006 11:46:46 PM
Author: windowshopper

Date: 4/30/2006 7:10:19 PM
Author:reader
what like sequined shoulder pads? In the 80''s I was in college wearing my signet ring, a tee shirt and jeans
i think i threw away the add-a-bead my highschool boyfriend gave me

brneyedgrl

Shiny_Rock
Hmm, I have a 14K yellow gold herringbone necklace. It isn''t really thick, but it isn''t something that I would wear now. I actually don''t like to wear necklaces very often. Actually, I didn''t get it in the 80s, but it was the early 90s in high school.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2006 9:50:41 PM
Author: Sundial
A 14 kt. yellow gold diamond heart pendant, a 14 kt. yellow gold 2 carat diamond tennis bracelet, and an 18 kt. yellow gold emerald and diamond cocktail ring. I also had 1/3 carat each diamond stud earrings in 4 prong yellow gold baskets from the eighties, but I had those reset in white gold bezels and gave them to my daughter when I upgraded. The other stuff I still have, but rarely wear.
chuckle. because i prefer yellow gold, this describes a lot of what I wear presently. in 2006.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Three colour gold ring, yellow, white and rose which was popular then. Also a sapphire cluster ring. I didn''t have much jewellery in the eighties...sniff...
39.gif
but I have made up for it now!
3.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
When I got engaged a couple years ago, I went through my jewelry box and cleaned it out of the goofy 80''s stuff. All of my jewelry was stuff from my first husband or old boyfriends.

I unloaded it at an estate jewelry shop for a small sum which I then put into my own jewelry slush fund. My new purchases were also estate ''heirloom'' pieces: an antique sapphire pendant and a heavy gold mesh chain with some sort of old coin in it.

I needed to cleanse myself for my new life with my wonderful new husband. All the jewelry I wear now is either something new I treated myself or something he surprised me with. I really enjoy all my jewelry now in a way I never did before.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
I had a 9ct gold charm bracelet with all kinds of charms dangling from it.

I didn''t have much jewellery back then
7.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmmm, lots of tri-colored gold jewelry, big clunky yg bracelets and a yg diamond waterfall ring.

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I found a very very thick "hip-hop" yellow gold rope chain. Remember when those things were popular? Maybe it was Mr. T who made them popular LOL. I also have a lot of cheesy settings on my older rings but I have either reset or just had them rodiumed to make them look better.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A flower diamond cluster pendant in YG with one of those stiff flat YG chains, a YG ring with two tiny marquise rubies and some diamond "chips" around it, a 3-stone YG ring with a small marquise emerald center and tiny diamond marquise sides, a horrible YG ring with 3 almost-black sapphires surrounded by a "sunburst" of diamond chips. I didn''t have a lot of jewelry in the ''80s and it was mostly from maul stores.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
oh god.....

My 3 gold bracelets..one a "rope", another an italian link, and another in a lyre (like the instrument) link.

yellow gold j hoop diamond earrings..about .25ctw I bought myself one year when I was in my 20''s, had no boyfriend, lots of bad dates, and needed a ***hug*** from myself. I''ll never get rid of them, even if they aren''t great quality, because they remind me of where I came from and what I lived though. ( i have dating /ex bf horror stories to turn yer hair grey)

a yellow gold greek key band (bought that when I was single and wanted a ''band'' to wear on biz trips so weirdos would leave me alone in airports, hotels, etc)

I did have some really ugly yellow gold 1/3 carat diamond studs aforementioned ex gave me, they were so brown with visible black inclusions..he got them at the GROCERY STORE (ya know, Fred meyer jewelers) for $99....I sold those on ebay for $75...LOL...

I also had a cheap yg diamond anniversary band from same butthead, but I gave that to a pregnant friend when her hand got too fat to wear her wedding band...and I let her keep it.

Thats all!

Jeannine

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
And except for my yg gold bracelets, all that was bought in the 90''s...but it is reminiscient of 80''s style. I didn''t hop on the WG/plat bandwagon until year 2000.

i do have a two tone Swiss Army tank style watch. That way if I do wear one of my yg bracelets, I don''t feel mismatched.

i still love the look of YG, & think the current plat/wg craze just give us more jewelry options than ever. I don''t mind it a bit. My stepmom has a gorgeous cathedral setting on her 1.10 carat RB solitaire, its a little unique, but very simple, wide & looks timeless, yes I said timeless in her YG setting. I adore her ring.

When I go on vacation in Mex...I like to wear my YG ... looks good with a tan. :)

Jeannine

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmmm, lots of treasures!! The best one is my yellow gold and black onyx college class ring. University of North Carolina class of 1986, BS degree. It's too small now and it's been sitting there in my ring box for at least 15 years. Another is a big honkin yellow gold herringbone necklace. Last but certainly not least is my add-a-bead necklace, circa 1981 that was a gift from my father for my birthday. I think it has about 10 beads on it.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I think Add a Beads are cool! Don''t wear mine anymore - but look fondly & remember where/when/from whom my beads came from.
9.gif

Cept that - I usually bought vintage pieces in silver.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh and I forgot to mention all my turquoise and sterling silver jewelry that I got back in the seventies and eighties. I live in New Mexico and see so much of that stuff that I just can''t wear it anymore.

susi

Shiny_Rock
I still have a marquise diamond given to me in the late 80''s......I ''think'' it is 1.14ct

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I have an opal ring and a mood ring hiding somewhere!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I got rid of TONS of stuff when I moved last year.

Among the things I got rid of:

THICK herringbone yellow gold (in 10K!) gold. It use to get caught in my hair everytime I wore it.

Matching herringbone bracelet.

Almost everything in yellow gold. Any stones I wanted to keep, I reset in platinum.

Cluster baguette ring with tiny baguettes and round.

Any jewelry from ex boyfriends. I have been married since 1995 and saw no point in haning onto stuff from ex''s. I recently sold my last "ex" piece, an old engagment ring.

BIG gold hoops.

CZ jewelry that has clouded over. I can''t believe I actually wore that stuff.
Bangles

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results